Can stay in Thailand for how long?

Currently having a valid non-imm o marriage visa.

Not going to renew the non-imm o marriage visa due to insufficient proof of 400,000 baht saving.

Have a newborn baby, everything registered in the birth certificate.

What will be the process in this case?

How many months will the immigration officer grant him since he is not eligible for the 1 year marriage visa but he is officially married and have a thai baby?

How much total cost need to pay every extension of stay is done?

Any recommendation of to get the extension stamp conveniently?

It is also possible to renew an "extension of stay based on marriage" (it is not a visa) by showing 40k Bht/month income certified by an Embassy letter. If this is not possible the only alternative would be to apply for a multi-entry "O" Visa from Savannakhet, Laos, which currently requires no "finances" to be shown

Edited by oncearugge

Could you divulge what you mean by conveniently ?

Without proof of funds no extension is possible save for 60 day extension based on wife or child.

Or go to Savanakhet Laos for a multi entry non o,no proof of funds required.

Thank you for the reply.

The conveniently which i mentioned is for the choices of travelling eg: air ticket out/in or to border immigration if I am in Bangkok.

Can the 60 day extension u mentioned be granted once I enter to Thailand?

Sorry, I am clueless for all these stuff.

Lastly, will I able to renew the 60days based on child or wife consecutively without rejection by the immigration officer?

Eg: i am in Thailand 2 months and I flying out and in again. then I apply for the extension based on wife/child. Coming 2 month due date, on the day i go out thailand and come in, again i apply for extension based on wife/child continuously. Will the officer reject me like how they reject some tourist re-entering thailand too many times?

Edited by Smokemachine

It is also possible to renew an "extension of stay based on marriage" (it is not a visa) by showing 40k Bht/month income certified by an Embassy letter. If this is not possible the only alternative would be to apply for a multi-entry "O" Visa from Savannakhet, Laos, which currently requires no "finances" to be shown

You mentioned the multi-entry O visa from Savannakhet,Laos require no finances.

Do you mean once I reach there, they can issue me the multi-entry O visa on the spot?

How much do i need to pay for that multi-entry O visa? How many months will be given for this multi-entry O?

Thank you.

Do you mean once I reach there, they can issue me the multi-entry O visa on the spot?

How much do i need to pay for that multi-entry O visa? How many months will be given for this multi-entry O?

Thank you.

The 12month visa will cost 5000 Bht and is applied for in the AM of one day and collected in the PM of the next day.

You will need your marriage certificate and a copy and signed copies of your wife's ID card and housebook.

• Like 2

A multiple entry non-o will allow unlimited 90 day entries for a year. You will need to leave the country every 90 days for a new entry. By doing an entry just before the visa expires you can get almost 15 months of total stay.

• Like 2

Thank you.

The 12month visa will cost 5000 Bht and is applied for in the AM of one day and collected in the PM of the next day.

You will need your marriage certificate and a copy and signed copies of your wife's ID card and housebook.

Can I check with you again this 12month multi-entry O visa for 5000bht is it the same as the Non-imm O multi-entry visa based on marriage?

Does it apply to all nationality? As for the no finances required, is it a ongoing privilege? Any cut off period?

A multiple entry non-o will allow unlimited 90 day entries for a year. You will need to leave the country every 90 days for a new entry. By doing an entry just before the visa expires you can get almost 15 months of total stay.

You mentioned the multiple entry non-o is it the same as the other guy mentioned multi-entry O visa from savanakhet thai consulate?

You mean I need to leave the country every 90 days for a new entry? Is it a complusory?

Is your multiple entry non-O same as the multi-entry non-imm O visa based on marriage?

I'm confused.

Thank you.

Can I check with you again this 12month multi-entry O visa for 5000bht is it the same as the Non-imm O multi-entry visa based on marriage?

Does it apply to all nationality? As for the no finances required, is it a ongoing privilege? Any cut off period?

1 Yes the Same visa

2 Not ALL nationalities some can only obtain visas from within their own countries.

3 At the moment no fiances are required. No-one can foresee what may happen in the future.

The visa mentioned by oncearugge, stoneyboy and ubonjoe is the same visa. Many Thai Visa forum members have this exact visa including me, and I would definitely recommend it in your situation (dependent on your nationality).

You mentioned the multiple entry non-o is it the same as the other guy mentioned multi-entry O visa from savanakhet thai consulate?

You mean I need to leave the country every 90 days for a new entry? Is it a complusory?

Is your multiple entry non-O same as the multi-entry non-imm O visa based on marriage?

I'm confused.

They are the same visa just a different way of writing it.

Leaving the country is compulsory. You only get a 90 day permit to stay when you enter the country. You could apply for the 60 day extension to visit your wife instead of leaving but you have leave re-enter after it ended. That gives almost 5 months of stay without leaving.

I'm confused.

They are the same visa just a different way of writing it.

Leaving the country is compulsory. You only get a 90 day permit to stay when you enter the country. You could apply for the 60 day extension to visit your wife instead of leaving but you have leave re-enter after it ended. That gives almost 5 months of stay without leaving.

This is interesting. All along I got the wrong impression that the multiple entry non-imm O visa for the marriage is to allow you to enter and exit Thailand as and when you like. I do not know about the after 90days need to exit complusory regulation.

So i think I got the whole picture. Go to Savannakhet and get the multiple entry non-imm O visa without the need showing proof of 400,000bht saving. It will be a 1 year visa but every 90 days need to re-enter thailand.

So the 5000bht is a one time payment right at the savannakhet? subsequent every 90 days I re-enter thailand, do i need to pay anything?

And you mentioned can apply for the 60days extension without leaving thailand. That means for example now I gotten the 1 year multiple entry non-imm O visa stated inside my passport. I just bring my passport to bangkok immigration and apply for 60days extension? Once this 60days extension date is due, I will have to exit thailand and re-enter.

That means i can stay in thailand for 5 months without leaving thailand. can I apply 2 time for this 60day extension in 1 year? That means i only need to re-enter twice in my 1 year multiple non-imm O if i use the 60days extension method twice?

I think the 60 day extension is only supposed to be for extending a 90 day o visa or tourist exempt is it not. It's supposed to be extending the stay to stay with your partner not so you don't have to visit the border.

What I think you can do, a day before the visa expires you can leave the country and return - this gives you a further 3 months .. Then in theory you could extend that final visa entry for a further 60 days for 1900b - that way you would only have to travel to a consulate once in 17 months. Can I get confirmation on this ?

I think the 60 day extension is only supposed to be for extending a 90 day o visa or tourist exempt is it not. It's supposed to be extending the stay to stay with your partner not so you don't have to visit the border.

What I think you can do, a day before the visa expires you can leave the country and return - this gives you a further 3 months .. Then in theory you could extend that final visa entry for a further 60 days for 1900b - that way you would only have to travel to a consulate once in 17 months. Can I get confirmation on this ?

You are thinking wrong.

Many people extend their 90 day entries from a multiple entry visa.The only restriction is you can only do one per entry.

There are no 60 day extensions for all visa exempt entries.

The 60 day extension is very specific and is only available to those who qualify.

Edited by oncearugge

You are thinking wrong.

Many people extend their 90 day entries from a multiple entry visa.The only restriction is you can only do one per entry.

Really ? but, the visa is only valid for 12 months right ?

So, you could get away with 1 exits every 5 months ?

Any visit to my local office is not a very pleasant experience - last time i showed them my multi-entry from Sav they questioned how and why I should have a visa and accused me of using it inappropriately, as I wasn't exiting for a length of time - I think Paz also suggested this was a fair comment from the staff.

I couldn't see them accepting a regular 90 day extension - last time they said one extension per passport !!

Thanks for the clarification, i didnt want to mislead the OP, but his questions seem a bit muddled at times .. I hope UJ has sorted that one.

Did I miss something. It seems to me to be really uncool to have a baby and not have yourself organized so that you can live here and provide support for child and mother?

Thank you for your concern. I have been in Thailand for the past few years and I have been supporting my wife. Presently I have misplan and overlook the period during my renewal of non-Imm O visa, my cash are stuck at elsewhere. I need to consider which is more affordable and less cost? Once I have the renew visa again, life for me in Thailand still be the same. Except this time having another new family member.

Yeah.. :)

• Like 1

my mate has a thai girlfriend, and they have just had a kid together.

he was told by immigration, that if he could borrow 400,000 from someone for the day, put it into his account, print a statement showing the amount, and then repay the money back to the lender, that this statement showing the amount, would allow him to apply for the take-care-of-your-kid visa

is this information correct? does the money not have to "season" the same as it does when applying for retirement visa / wifey visas etc?

my mate has a thai girlfriend, and they have just had a kid together.

he was told by immigration, that if he could borrow 400,000 from someone for the day, put it into his account, print a statement showing the amount, and then repay the money back to the lender, that this statement showing the amount, would allow him to apply for the take-care-of-your-kid visa

is this information correct? does the money not have to "season" the same as it does when applying for retirement visa / wifey visas etc?

The is no seasoning requirement to get an extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai.

I am not sure that would work though. The application has to be approved by the division headquarters and there have been reports of immigration checking that the money is still in bank during the 30 day under consideration period.

• Like 1

Did I miss something. It seems to me to be really uncool to have a baby and not have yourself organized so that you can live here and provide support for child and mother?

Thank you for your concern. I have been in Thailand for the past few years and I have been supporting my wife. Presently I have misplan and overlook the period during my renewal of non-Imm O visa, my cash are stuck at elsewhere. I need to consider which is more affordable and less cost? Once I have the renew visa again, life for me in Thailand still be the same. Except this time having another new family member.

Yeah.. :)

My mistake, thanks for clarifying and good luck with getting sorted out and congrats re: the new family addition! Take care.
  • Like 1

my cash are stuck at elsewhere

Recently I got a mail for a very friendly Nigerian prince who had the same issue, he had 7 million dollar in Switzerland. Luckily i could help him out. :D

On topic- does having a baby with a Thai girlfriend (not wife) has ANY basic benefits regarding a visa for a foreign SO, even if he does not meet any income/savings requirements?