any updates on ban pakard visa crossing in out same day

Hi, I need to activate my 2nd entry tourist visa later this month. Has anyone been to ban pakard recently for a same day in out visa renewal I read in September they had stopped this,is it back to normal now? .I plan on driving there and back myself .thanks

They refused to activate my second entry back in August.

Obtained the double entry visa in Sydney Australia.

They only gave me 15 days so I done the $45.00 AUD previously paid in Australia and had to pay again.

Maybe things have changed, maybe not.

I did a visa run to ban pakkard 2 weeks ago to activate my 3rd entry of my TR. Done it many times over the past few years, no problem at all.

Border is very quiet now, due to the stoppage of out/in exempt entries. There was only 3 people in the van and no one at the border but us for the time we were there.

• Like 2

They only gave me 15 days so I done the $45.00 AUD previously paid in Australia and had to pay again.

I suspect your visa had already expired and that was the reason you were not able to use the 2nd entry. Look at your visa sticker and check the enter before date on it and the date you were trying to do the entry.

• Like 2

That is mighty odd. If they would not allow entry using a valid visa, I would expect them certainly to refuse a visa exempt entry. There are two possibilties. Likely the "enter before" date was exceeded and the visa was no longer valid. Alternatively, they made a mistake, and you should have gone to an immigration office and had the error corrected.

Is anyone able to only pay the official $30 Cambodia visa fee at this boarder? Or are they doing the normal "you wait", which could be an hour or more if you refuse to pay their unofficial tip.

Personally, I have never paid extra (even at Hat Lek/Koh Kong). At Ban Pakard, it is easy to pay the correct visa fee, assuming you have clean US$ notes. Just state quietly, and with a smile, that you are only paying the proper fee. If they try the "you wait" line, say quietly (and still smiling) that it would be better to process you quickly in case other travelers get the same idea. Never get aggressive.

Any photo of kanchanaburi border ?

Any market or duty free there ?

Thanks

There is almost nothing on the Myanmar side of the border. Recent report here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/869550-2nd-entry-in-phu-nam-ron-kanchanaburi/

A search for Ban Phu Nam Ron will give more info.

Actually there is quite a large and well stocked Duty-Free between the borders. The shuttle vehicle between the two borders will stop there. 1L of Black Label was 890b.