I'm confused! What do I need to do? (Please help)

Can somebody please explain to me what my best option is to extend my current visa?

I've read so many different options online that I have no idea which is best.

I'm a UK citizen and I am currently in Koh Lanta, Thailand. I only have a standard 30 day visa stamped onto my passport which is valid until the 17th of November, so when that day is closer what is my best course of action? I've heard it may be possible to just go to Koh Samui and renew there? I have no idea.. any help would be amazing! Thanks!

You travelled without a visa (visa exempt) and have a stamp for 30 days.

Go to the next immigration police office and aks for a 30 day extension.

Fill in some form (TM7), provide a nice photo and 1900 Baht and you are done.

You can go there next week if your "ADMITTED UNTIL" shows Nov 17.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I think you mean a 30 day visa exempt stamp.

That's what I have stamped on my passport?

are you asking or telling??

. in answer to your question: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/856318-30-day-extension-at-immigration/

Telling.

Oh OK thanks... So I should have no problems getting a further 30 days at the immigration office in Koh Samui then?

you dont have a 30 day visa, you have a visa exemption

You travelled without a visa (visa exempt) and have a stamp for 30 days.

Go to the next immigration police office and aks for a 30 day extension.

Fill in some form (TM7), provide a nice photo and 1900 Baht and you are done.

You can go there next week if your "ADMITTED UNTIL" shows Nov 17.

SWEET. Thanks!!

What do I need to bring with me?

Passport, photo and money.

Form can be filled on site.

Only one such extension is possible (just saying) tongue.png

Oh <deleted> really?

What do I need to do if I want to stay longer than 60 days then?

read the link i gave you

What do I need to bring with me?

Passport, photo and money.

Form can be filled on site.

Only one such extension is possible (just saying) tongue.png

Oh <deleted> really?

What do I need to do if I want to stay longer than 60 days then?

read the link i gave you

will do

You don't need to wait until the last day to apply for the extension. You can apply anytime within the last 7 days (maybe 14 days). The 30 day extension will apply from the 17th regardless of when you apply so nothing is lost by applying early.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, anyone that can help - please do so! :)

I am currently 7 days away from having to extend my stay here in Thailand again. I have already extended once at the immigration office in Krabi, which went well... I just had to pay 1900 THB and have them take a couple of photos of me.

I don't quite understand this whole 'double entry' thing.

To put it simply, how many more times am I able to just go to an immigration office and extend there? From what I have gathered so far, I will only be able to do this maybe twice? Which would mean I only have one time left...

Also, I will be in Ranong for the next two days which is close to the Myanmar border - maybe that's an option?

Please anyone, let me know - thanks!!!

Hi guys, anyone that can help - please do so! smile.png

I am currently 7 days away from having to extend my stay here in Thailand again. I have already extended once at the immigration office in Krabi, which went well... I just had to pay 1900 THB and have them take a couple of photos of me.

To put it simply, how many more times am I able to just go to an immigration office and extend there? From what I have gathered so far, I will only be able to do this maybe twice? Which would mean I only have one time left...

Also, I will be in Ranong for the next two days which is close to the Myanmar border - maybe that's an option?

You cannot extend your current entry again.

If you have a double entry visa you must within the next 7 days leave Thailand, enter another county and return to active the second entry the visa allows.

Best you check the ""enter before date" which is clearly marked on the visa. Failure to enter on or before that date will result in the visa becoming invalid.

I assume you have a double entry tourist visa and you have only entered once so far which you've extended by 30 days already. In which case

• You can't extend your stay again. You can do it only once per entry.
  • You will need to leave Thailand on or before the date your current permit to stay ('admitted until' stamp in your passport) date.
  • You should check the 'enter before' date printed on the visa. This is the date that you must make your second entry on or before. This date is important and the one that counts if you want to get a second entry. Sometimes the 'admitted until' date given with the 30 day extension is past the 'enter before' date of the visa and people miss out on the second entry.

If you have a double entry visa you must within the next 7 days leave Thailand, enter another county and return to active the second entry the visa allows.

Best you check the ""enter before date" which is clearly marked on the visa. Failure to enter on or before that date will result in the visa becoming invalid.

Ok thanks for the reply.

The thing is I do not have a Visa.

I got an exemption stamp when I first arrived in Bangkok and then 30 days later I got one at Krabi immigration office.

As I do not have a Visa, is my best option to leave the country for a short while (via Ranong) and sort everything there and then enter Thailand again?

Let me know, thanks

Ok thanks for the reply.

I got an exemption stamp when I first arrived in Bangkok and then 30 days later I got one at Krabi immigration office.

As I do not have a Visa, is my best option to leave the country for a short while (via Ranong) and sort everything there and then enter Thailand again?

Let me know, thanks

Leaving the country is your only option !

A tourist visa can be easily obtained from Vientiane or Penang which would give an initial 60 day stay.

Or

You could ask for another visa exempt entry at the boarder.

• Like 1

Ok thanks for the reply.

Let me know, thanks

Leaving the country is your only option !

A tourist visa can be easily obtained from Vientiane or Penang which would give an initial 60 day stay.

Or

You could ask for another visa exempt entry at the boarder.

Ok Great, thanks so much for the info!

If I was to get a 60 day tourist visa from either Vientiane or Penang, that would obviously mean going to a Thai embassy there right?

Would i need to apply for one before leaving thailand or is EVERYTHING done at the embassy?

thanks so much

Ok Great, thanks so much for the info!

If I was to get a 60 day tourist visa from either Vientiane or Penang, that would obviously mean going to a Thai embassy there right?

Would i need to apply for one before leaving thailand or is EVERYTHING done at the embassy?

thanks so much

Simple application that is all done at the embassy/consulate.

"If I was to get a 60 day tourist visa from either Vientiane or Penang, that would obviously mean going to a Thai embassy there right?

Would i need to apply for one before leaving thailand or is EVERYTHING done at the embassy?"

Visas cannot be applied for in Thailand.

Visas can only be obtained from a Thai Embassy/Consulate outside Thailand

"If I was to get a 60 day tourist visa from either Vientiane or Penang, that would obviously mean going to a Thai embassy there right?

Would i need to apply for one before leaving thailand or is EVERYTHING done at the embassy?"

Visas cannot be applied for in Thailand.

Visas can only be obtained from a Thai Embassy/Consulate outside Thailand

Ok great.

So, I was thinking about travelling to Laos anyway.. so it would make sense to just travel there and then on my way back to Thailand apply for the 60 day tourist visa.

Do you know if you get 30 days or 15 days when entering Laos?

Thanks

A Laos VOA allows a 30 day stay and costs a UK passport holder US$ 35 (the cost varies according to nationality)

The visa has to be applied for during the working week and will be available for collection on the next working day during the afternoon. Cost is 1000 Bht

A Laos VOA allows a 30 day stay and costs a UK passport holder US$ 35 (the cost varies according to nationality)

The visa has to be applied for during the working week and will be available for collection on the next working day during the afternoon. Cost is 1000 Bht

perfect. i want to give you a massive hug mate.

thankyou!