Village "Header" authorisation sale of Sor Por Gor lands

timberpond

You still can fetch the same price after 35 years... And the parts are still widely available...

My god... It's not making sense here... Why?

It makes as much sense as you buying 1 rai of farmland for 60,000 baht with no papers,but we do it.smile.png

Farmerjo, wouldn't the machinery has high depreciation rates too?

RBH, 10 rai of fish pond... how many cat fish we are talking about here?

You guys are really some heavy-duty falang in Thailand...

240'000

Whoohooo! It takes you only 3 years to get this big! clap2.gif

Sorry off topic from the land again... RBH, is it very competitive with the local farms?

What I read here is that you can never beat the local farmers here in their home ground.

Farmerjo, wouldn't the machinery has high depreciation rates too?

RBH, 10 rai of fish pond... how many cat fish we are talking about here?

You guys are really some heavy-duty falang in Thailand...

240'000

Whoohooo! It takes you only 3 years to get this big! clap2.gif

Sorry off topic from the land again... RBH, is it very competitive with the local farms?

What I read here is that you can never beat the local farmers here in their home ground.

Including additional rented ponds at another site, the catfish farm is now operating at output capacity of 500'000 per season producing 1.5m fishes per year. From 240'000 expansion to 550'000 on the 6th year then adjusted to 500'000 for better water quality management.

It was never my intension to compete with the locals but to join them but then local fish farmers lack business acumen and with their agrarian mind set and life style, they're slow to accept changes in regards to upgrading rearing skill and technique. Old fashion folks are not getting high value information that can be obtain by searching the internet,

One of my mate is doing 500'000 per season too but he's getting only ฿1.2/fish while we get ฿1.8/fish in net profit (no not gross profit), he could upgrade his skill and technique, better pond management to increase his yield and income...but he said he's old (58year old) and is contented with what he gets.

Don't compete with the local farmers or having a thought of wanting to beat them in the game...Just join in and prove to them that you are worthy of the efforts and hardship you put in doing/learning the trade they do and they will applause you and approve with recognition.

The only person to beat is yourself...catfish farming is a big capital business, failure isn't an option here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all liked the chat good input , Austin you are on track,and I believe you will not loose out build a small hardware shop there as well,but like the other boys said keep them Tax's payed in fact I should check all of my / our 18 title's of land we own just under 400 rai,3 weeks ago I said to missus i want the power company to hookup a metre on site for the contstuction of my new 40 X 20 metre workshop as the mains ran close by,and a 200 metre extention cord was out of question to much power drop,She explained to me it needed a roof on first,i just said bullshit,so I got the electrical company out and told him this is what I need a new sub metre hocked up ( being number 2 meter ) to this concrete power on my property, piece of cake, he said sorry MR Harry we cannot because the master Power metre to this land, the billing account is still in the previouse owners name,well shit hit fan,i brought the place 8 years ago,how is this possible,as the previouse owner is dead 3 years ago,i do remember clearly the missus saying it will be alright ill sort that out,she only had 5 years to transfer it, now its just a head <deleted>>

Ha Redbull,like the words,better than that <deleted> 3or4 weeks ago with 3 million US and plan to fishfarm cat in Phuket.

Mate I to love my fishfarm just as a hobby I have 6 rai of breading ponds mainly tilapia and a kickass dam for water cyculation , what im looking for is bio filtration system I was thinking something very large, and would you know anyone that sales barley bails of hay.

time for bed

Regards Harry

I got the electrical company out and told him this is what I need a new sub metre hocked up ( being number 2 meter ) to this concrete power on my property, piece of cake, he said sorry MR Harry we cannot because the master Power metre to this land, the billing account is still in the previouse owners name,well shit hit fan,i brought the place 8 years ago,how is this possible,as the previouse owner is dead 3 years ago

Oh no.... did you look for the village leader? The little land I bought is currently planted with cassava and I remember asking the leader about electricity and water, he told me to just inform him when I want it. After engaging the contractor look for him as he will go get the people to hook up the power. I asked how much does it roughly cost but he say he don't know it, his job is just to go PEA to do our account.

I got the electrical company out and told him this is what I need a new sub metre hocked up ( being number 2 meter ) to this concrete power on my property, piece of cake, he said sorry MR Harry we cannot because the master Power metre to this land, the billing account is still in the previouse owners name,well shit hit fan,i brought the place 8 years ago,how is this possible,as the previouse owner is dead 3 years ago

Oh no.... did you look for the village leader? The little land I bought is currently planted with cassava and I remember asking the leader about electricity and water, he told me to just inform him when I want it. After engaging the contractor look for him as he will go get the people to hook up the power. I asked how much does it roughly cost but he say he don't know it, his job is just to go PEA to do our account.

In our case we built 800 metres from closest power in the village.

We built phase 1 of the house and lived with 2 stroke oil cans full of diesel and a wick as lights for the 1st 6 months.(no power)

We applied and got blue book as place of residence at the tambon.

With that we got PEA to come and look to supply power,they said to far unless we pay.So a friend had a sala opposite last power pole in the village.

We put a light and control board/fuse and ground rod in and said to them hook up a meter,they checked it and installed the meter,after the meter

was installed we ran power poles and cable to home which still functions today.

The PEA have just surveyed expansion in the area and we look like being lucky enough to have a transformer outside our gate if they can use my poles.smile.png

We have some SPK (?!) land and have got to know the local land registry guy who comes round with his laptop and does satelite fixes for borders etc.

He said no problem with buying the land although it wasn't official. He explained that the only risk we were taking is that the original owner may

have kids and they could have a claim on it when their parents die. He suggested we also drew up a long lease on the property with the seller as well.

Haven't got round to it yet but will do at some stage.

Archived