Saddlebags

Briggsy

I went round the accessory shops in Pattaya this week looking for soft saddlebags amongst other things (for a CB500X).

A few shops had hard cases which had prices in line with Big Wing (30,000 - 50,000 Baht). I don't need them that much. But no soft saddlebags.

Then in the bike parking in Big C, I saw a CBR or er6n or something with Rough Ride saddlebags. They looked just like what I was after. Anybody know where you can get them.

That's Bangkok, isn't it? I have never been there.

I will bear it in mind. I might be going in this month. I prefer to buy in person than over the net so I can see what fits and what doesn't.

Thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers. All info gratefully received.

Try these people Brigsy...

Loads of 500X stuff at pretty reasonable prices....

https://www.facebook.com/593996114029628/photos/pcb.861406573955246/861405627288674/?type=3&theater

After seeing the post by PP, I ordered the saddlebags (#52) from 2N Rider Shop in Udon. Their English is limited, but Khun Sunisa speaks enough English to get information (they sent lots of pictures with dimensions via Facebook) and place an order (paid before shipment into her bank account). Best communication is via their Facebook page, and they respond to messages within a few hours. The bags arrived via EMS yesterday, well packed and are exactly what I wanted -- look great. Come with rain covers and mounting straps. The bags are from a Japanese company (Komine), perhaps made in Thailand, and have a price of Y19,950 on the instruction card ($165), so 2N's price of B3,200 (plus B200 shipping to Pattaya; ($95)) seems pretty good. The bags are not as heavy as the "western" chopper type saddlebags (sold by Chiang Rai Saddlebags), but these bags have a molded design that is much better suited for a sport bike. They look great on my CTX. Recommended.

Cheers. All info gratefully received.

Try these people Brigsy...

Loads of 500X stuff at pretty reasonable prices....

https://www.facebook.com/593996114029628/photos/pcb.861406573955246/861405627288674/?type=3&theater

After seeing the post by PP, I ordered the saddlebags (#52) from 2N Rider Shop in Udon. Their English is limited, but Khun Sunisa speaks enough English to get information (they sent lots of pictures with dimensions via Facebook) and place an order (paid before shipment into her bank account). Best communication is via their Facebook page, and they respond to messages within a few hours. The bags arrived via EMS yesterday, well packed and are exactly what I wanted -- look great. Come with rain covers and mounting straps. The bags are from a Japanese company (Komine), perhaps made in Thailand, and have a price of Y19,950 on the instruction card ($165), so 2N's price of B3,200 (plus B200 shipping to Pattaya; ($95)) seems pretty good. The bags are not as heavy as the "western" chopper type saddlebags (sold by Chiang Rai Saddlebags), but these bags have a molded design that is much better suited for a sport bike. They look great on my CTX. Recommended.

Have used them a couple of times - my missus sends them a message (in Thai) on "line" stating what i want - and they reply pretty quickly with the total price incl the postage (which is pretty reasonable) and their bank details - you transfer the dosh and they ship immediatly...

Items arrive a couple of days later, well packed...

so a big thumbs up from me....

Edited by properperson