Best value coastal land

So, where do people feel is the best value land to purchase near a costal area?

It doesn't need to be in the beach!!

Pattaya & surrounds want stupid money.

Phuket, Krabi, lanta, Samui etc. the same.

Must be in Thailand before anyone says other countries!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should PM Bulldozerdawn, he knows of some Screaming Bargains in coastal areas. Shame that he didn't return to his thread when he completed the purchase.gigglem.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/852680-a-screaming-bargainor-notadvice-needed-regarding-buying-an-unfinished-house/

Don't start winding the dozer up again, it's been dead quiet

I'm not looking directly on a beach as its big money

Just looking for half - 1 rai that we can drive to in 20/30 mins. Looking to build a holiday home. 2/3 beds single storey with pool.

As I mentioned there are some crazy prices these days and the accounts just won't tally to buy land & build if you buy at crazy prices

Cheers for all the replies as well.

Thx

You should PM Bulldozerdawn, he knows of some Screaming Bargains in coastal areas. Shame that he didn't return to his thread when he completed the purchase.gigglem.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/852680-a-screaming-bargainor-notadvice-needed-regarding-buying-an-unfinished-house/

There is no one with the name Bulldozerdawn listed.

Bulldozer dawn is the OP DSC00168.JPG

He's not

I am!

I'm not looking directly on a beach as its big money

Just looking for half - 1 rai that we can drive to in 20/30 mins. Looking to build a holiday home. 2/3 beds single storey with pool.

As I mentioned there are some crazy prices these days and the accounts just won't tally to buy land & build if you buy at crazy prices

Cheers for all the replies as well.

Thx

I bought ( lets not get into the "no its your Wifes") 15 rai for 800,000 baht 4 years ago in Pranburi, 15 minutes to the sea 16km away Sam Roi Yot Pranburi.Thats for ALL 15 RAI not per rai

However.......................it took us 2 years of looking every weekend going down every hard surfaced road to find a seller who "really needed" to sell. Its NOR SOR SAM GOR title which is pretty good, not many Chanotes round here, my main issue was must be a on a real road with water and electric...it had both.

Last time I wa down south CHUMPHON was cheap but I dont know now, things have changed a lot in the last few years.

Investing in land near the sea might be a rather risky venture in any part of the world given the likely rise in sea levels due to climate change ...

yeah maybe 1 inch in the next 100 years, Maldives are still there

Any website/agent recommendations?

Website/agents tend to be a rip-off!

If you want a bargain you have to have "feet on the ground" .....drive around and look for "for sale" signs, or better yet ask locals if they know of any properties for sale.

Correction your "Wife" asks, you stay well out of the way

He's not

I am!

Did you notice that in my first post I linked to another thread, with obviously another OP, called Bulldozer Dawn?

Try Bang Saray Eastside of Suk, half Rai for less than 2 Mil and only 5 minutes to beaches, 15 minutes to Patters.

Thx. Too much money there now.

If this is too much, how much do you wish to spend on land? Where are you in BKK, is it easier to go South on Petchkasem or Suk. As its for a holiday home whats the max distance you wish to travel from BKK. Anywhere past Petchaburi you can find land for less than a Mil a Rai but you will be out in the boonies with no real local services, plus utility connections can be expensive and the beaches around Puktien or further down to Pranburi although OK are not the best for swimming. East you probably need to look at Sattahip and further South as mention Rayong. DD Property is always a good website o get some indication of prices.

Khanom and Sichon - not too difficult to get a rai for less than a million within 10 mins drive of the beach, and less the further you go away from the coast.

Very good infrastructure, wealthy locals, lots of space, growing western amenities, great beaches, two airports within an hours drive, Samui 90 mins away by boat.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Try Bang Saray Eastside of Suk, half Rai for less than 2 Mil and only 5 minutes to beaches, 15 minutes to Patters.

Thx. Too much money there now.

If this is too much, how much do you wish to spend on land? Where are you in BKK, is it easier to go South on Petchkasem or Suk. As its for a holiday home whats the max distance you wish to travel from BKK. Anywhere past Petchaburi you can find land for less than a Mil a Rai but you will be out in the boonies with no real local services, plus utility connections can be expensive and the beaches around Puktien or further down to Pranburi although OK are not the best for swimming. East you probably need to look at Sattahip and further South as mention Rayong. DD Property is always a good website o get some indication of prices.

youre way off on the land prices try 150k per r ai 16km from sea 3 miles out of Pranburi which has a Tesco and 30 minutes to Hua Hin, certainly NOT out in the boonies

If you think beachland in Thailand is to expensive look at the cost in Europe. To me it is about location and views at least on a beach front plot you know that nothing will be built in front of you to spoil your view. I would rather pay big money for the perfect plot of land and build a simple house that does not cost the earth after all most of us in Thailand would be sitting out under the terrace enjoying the view or sipping into the pool or if your lucky the ocean !

I did but it's not linked

If you are interested in land around Dolphin Bay (just south of Hua Hin) send me a PM.

Way overpriced, go inland just a few km's its MUCH cheaper

Khanom and Sichon - not too difficult to get a rai for less than a million within 10 mins drive of the beach, and less the further you go away from the coast.

Very good infrastructure, wealthy locals, lots of space, growing western amenities, great beaches, two airports within an hours drive, Samui 90 mins away by boat.

Khanom is outrageously priced, now that a huge contingent of Japenese and others have arrived to work on the power plant expansion. There are some large chunks of land that seem to be vacant ( just coconut trees). Those tend to be priced at 1million baht/rai. But, the price per rai climbs dramatically, when you want to buy a small lot. FYI - the district's Water supply ( or lack thereof) is a major problem. A million a rai is possible, but it will probably have been used for rubber trees, or worst of all, oil palms. Generally, such land requires infrastructure; water well, road access, electricity cabling. And - this is true for any area where you are buying a small piece of land. Most rural land is in large chunks, requiring not only sub-division, but also you have to be very very careful, to ensure that you have registered right of way over any property you need to cross, to get to the land you buy. To sell last a property last year, we had to 'eat' 230,000 baht, for not checking, when we bought, years earlier. Sichon is a much larger district, may have some attractive deals. PM me if you want more info about Khanom. But, I have very little info. on prices, as I'm not an agent.

We just bought in Khanom. 4mil for 2.5 rai. Its about 600m back from the beach. I just wanted to be able to walk to the beach, this plot is great location for me.

We have spent a lot of time searching. Prices vary a great deal but average around 3mil per rai unless you go inland. Saw one plot in Khanom town and they wanted 6mil for less than a rai :)

We just got lucky....

Edited by cornishcarlos