PM speaks from his heart of current political situation

rooster59

The letter reads" Dear worker's, The marching of soldier's has brought peace to this land. Rejoice and welcome a new future, Resistance is futile, just like the army we all have our rank and place. Your human rights and hopes for democracy are always top of my agenda, but these hopes are long and difficult to achieve. Given time these hopes and dreams of the worker's can be realized within a 20 year time frame. Trust in me and the 250,000 soldier's standing behind me, yes we can, we can change, a change has come, one nation under my control"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some guys here really think stuff has changed for the better, one poster is utterly convinced the traffic is 'calmer' since the coup.

And this statement made on a thread about being the 2nd worst in the world for road deaths, as it was last year, and probably the year before that.

(Apparently the 1st is Namibia, with a population of 2 point 3 million, and thousands of miles of open desert and savannah, they must drive blindfolded there is all I can say).

back on topic, you can fool some of the people all of the time...

Whilst we are on the subject of road deaths....Didn't the general say that one of the reasons for the coup was to protect the Thai people from the death and destruction on the streets during the protests? How many died during the months of protests?

How many die every day in traffic accidents (approx 40) and I don't see the general doing shit to try and save his people from that tragedy.

He is so full of shit it's sickening but some still love him because he's not a Shinawatra. Fools.

dont see this post being deleted. Even though it insulated the head of the thai military. Not surprised many of the non redshirts have gone to other forums.

Very big boringg

Edited by cobbler

Some guys here really think stuff has changed for the better, one poster is utterly convinced the traffic is 'calmer' since the coup.

And this statement made on a thread about being the 2nd worst in the world for road deaths, as it was last year, and probably the year before that.

(Apparently the 1st is Namibia, with a population of 2 point 3 million, and thousands of miles of open desert and savannah, they must drive blindfolded there is all I can say).

back on topic, you can fool some of the people all of the time...

Whilst we are on the subject of road deaths....Didn't the general say that one of the reasons for the coup was to protect the Thai people from the death and destruction on the streets during the protests? How many died during the months of protests?

How many die every day in traffic accidents (approx 40) and I don't see the general doing shit to try and save his people from that tragedy.

He is so full of shit it's sickening but some still love him because he's not a Shinawatra. Fools.

dont see this post being deleted. Even though it insulated the head of the thai military. Not surprised many of the non redshirts have gone to other forums.

Very big boringg

So I take it in your book anyone who dislikes Prayut is a red shirt?

Boringgggg

I think we are being unfair to the PM. He DOES love his country, I have no doubt of that at all.

Maybe his ideas are not our ideas, so we hate him?

The political instability is not black and white. There are bad yellows and bad reds.

I do not like "attitude adjustments" and firing reporters, and all the rest.

But I have no right to tell Thailand how to be Thailand.

None whatsoever.

I want them to prosper and be happy.

Is that wrong?

None of us have the right to tell "Thailand how to be Thailand".

But at present, and for the foreseeable future, the Thais do not have that right either. It is being denied them by a military junta, which by seizing power ( a move which followed them allowing a wholly legal and constitutionally called election being prevented by a minority protest group) has usurped that right, and shows no sign of restoring it.

I'm sure that the general loves his idea of what Thailand should be. He is determined to force it upon the rest of the Thai people, they have no say in the matter.If we don't like it we can always b*gg*r off somewhere else. The Thais cannot.

Apparently there was some new insight here, given the use of "reveal", "reveals", "revealed", "revealed" and "revealed".

Despite the revealing quality of the writing I fail to see anything new in The Man With The Golden Ring's dirge other than getting to the "Look, I really mean this" stage of repeating himself.

Seriously though, this is serious: by using his own handwriting and 'speaking from the heart' he is personalizing his doctrine. The next step along the actual roadmap leads not closer to democracy but to taking his detractors more personally.

Edited by Squeegee

Some posters here are seriously deluded.

Name me one country in the world which practices REAL democracy. Answer - not one.

Oh sure - they tell you it is, and if you believe that I have some ocean front property in Switzerland for sale.

Politics is controlled by the wealthy - always has been, always will be.

I smell a counter coup.

Lots going on behind the scenes at this critical time. 2 or 3 groups jockeying to be in position for control of the big prize. Prems been very quiet.

Seems to be an unusual number of arrests, suicides and people fleeing.

Are we witnessing the start of the civil war?

Setting up a democratic government is a very difficult thing to do.

Just take a look at some of the African and Middle Eastern countries trying to do it.

I think this man saved Thailand from an all-out civil war and is sincere in his concern for the country.

He used to mention the word "Thainess" a lot, which I took to heart. I left Thailand in 2005 because I could see that the Megalomaniac running the country was doing just that; destroying the culture, along with many other unsavory things.

Thailand MUST try very hard this time to develop it's own form of democracy and that will take some time.

In the US we have a "representative democracy" which is really not quite satisfactory enough as it leaves a lot decisions up to just a few powerful people who don't always have the best interest of the country in mind.

We also have a lot of those influential and wealthy, behind-the-scenes people, that has been mentioned in some of the posts above.

Let's give this guy a chance.

ok, I will give him a few more months since you ask so nicely, but after that Im coming in with the tanks

but seriously, this battle has yet to begin and the wealthy influential people that are behind it we cant talk about here

You can always spot the thaivisa members that have done their homework and the ones that just read The Nation.

I smell a counter coup.

Lots going on behind the scenes at this critical time. 2 or 3 groups jockeying to be in position for control of the big prize. Prems been very quiet.

Seems to be an unusual number of arrests, suicides and people fleeing.

Are we witnessing the start of the civil war?

My fervent hope is that the citizenry sees that they are being played for fools and just let any civil war be confined to the parasites at the top devouring one another. At least now they have far better access to information than ever before, so there is hope..