you can pay Air Asia at at any Thai 711

VIPinthailand

ThaiSmile, for quite a while:

counter payment at 7/11, Tesco, Big C, Family Mart, Pay@Post and some more I don't know/understand.

ATM payment at five major banks. Since ever (Thai Airways also).

Internet Banking with accounts at six major banks.

I never had to leave my desk to book and pay (for a while).

And NO "payment fee" (as Air Asia does between about 52 and 93 Baht).

Whenever you think you see the final total you are proven wrong biggrin.png

(baggage + 300, payment fee, uncheck this/uncheck that)

Nok Air also.

I think you can also book a Nok flight as well as pay for it at a 711. The young girls may struggle a bit with that at low-traffic 711s but I've had no problems paying at Isaan 'Seh-wens' in fairly rustic locations!

Booking opportunity possibly now applies to Air Asia too

Only if you like budget airlines.

I was gold member on Thai when it was on someone else's coin. I still use them or SQ when cashing in my Credit card FF miles, and they are my first choice for anything over 4 hours.

Around SE Asia though, now I run my own business, Air Asia is fine. Actually, in most cases it is better than Thai. Most of the time they have more services for where I want to go.

I generally pay 'full fare' and it is still cheaper than Thai. Get the good seats with lots of leg room, priority check in and boarding. The meals are fine - and you get more choices than just beef or chicken. Planes are always on time - and I'm one every 6 weeks or so. They don't faff about at the airport. You get on, take off and get to where you are going.

And yes, their uniforms, and the wearers thereof, are better.

I do miss the lounge, but hey, if I can get from the kerb to take-off in around an hour or so, I'm not going to miss it that much. Lounges are pretty packed these days anyway. Puff and pie catering, I don't miss at all.

Archived