The Game Hang Dong

pgrahmm

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically the same sign they hung on the Sub Shop that never re-opened

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Took pic but until they fix the mobile buttons can't post....

Suspect its gone. As posted on another thread was there last Saturday at Premiership time, and the staff ( in a sports bar!) had no idea what channel the football was on, and showed even less interest in finding it! We had to hijack the remote to put the football on, and when the lady owner ( Widow Twankey??!!) breezed in she showed even less interest than her staff!

Sad but inevitable decease I fear.

Thai way to save face when they close their business and has the added benefit of creditors not knowing 100% that they can chase debts yet.

Yep, or they will say they are moving to a new location and it never happens. I've and will support businesses that are controlled by the mafia, or even mafia wannabees, but a business that was set up by a swindler, with money taken mostly from pensioners? Never. Was it Robinhood, who said something like, "when you're on the wrong side of the law; you've got to be honest."

With Bullard and Hutch gone (ostensibly) there must be total chaos and a scramble to control their many investments and properties. But it looks like the Duke's chain is stable for now.

Yes, it must be total chaos... Glen Bullard was the owner or part owner of bars in Bangkok, Pattaya, and Chiang Mai. The Game Hang Dong was just one of many.

He died in March this year, aged 44, in Pai. Past prez of the Outlaws MC, he was also involved with boiler room operations in partnership with Mark Hutcherson and others. I've heard that Hutcherson died last July in Texas.

Edited by DeaconJohn

With Bullard and Hutch gone (ostensibly) there must be total chaos and a scramble to control their many investments and properties. But it looks like the Duke's chain is stable for now.

Useless comment - What has this got to do with a notice on the door of The Game saying "closed for renovations"?

Useless comment - What has this got to do with a notice on the door of The Game saying "closed for renovations"?

Bullard was owner, and now his widow runs it. Or are you talking about the linking of The Dukes to the boiler room operators?

I didn't say anything abot boiler rooms, I'm just pointing out that, at least for a long time if not now, Hutch was the main investor in the parent company that owns the chain. I figured that was common knowledge-- anyway it's not an allegation, just a matter of fact. And it's not a criticism of the restaurants or the gregarious fellow who runs them. In fact, if you go back several years you can read an interview in CityLife where the restauranteur explicitly says that he is not the owner, but an employee of the parent company.

I never had any problem with the staff about anything. Usually a person wants to watch the game , he knows the channel and can ask the girls to change to that...not a big problem. I have seen them to do many times......

And what is with calling the owner names?? Show some respect.....

I never had any problem with the staff about anything. Usually a person wants to watch the game , he knows the channel and can ask the girls to change to that...not a big problem. I have seen them to do many times......

Have you ever frequented a sports bar? You absolutely shouldnt have to know in advance whats coming on and have to request it, thats not how sports bars work. Every other sports bar I ve ever been in, anywhere in the world trawls for the major events and then shows them. As a customer you go in, and if you fancy watching something, you stay. Thats how they work, its they who do the forward research, not you as the customer!!?

Seems pretty obvious to me?!

Have you ever frequented a sports bar? You absolutely shouldnt have to know in advance whats coming on and have to request it, thats not how sports bars work. Every other sports bar I ve ever been in, anywhere in the world trawls for the major events and then shows them. As a customer you go in, and if you fancy watching something, you stay. Thats how they work, its they who do the forward research, not you as the customer!!?

Obvious to me too!!!

In a sports bar the sports schedule would usually be posted a few days in advance on a Facebook page, on signs at the bar, and ideally on their own web-page. Standard practice. To not even know what is on, shows a lack of good management.

A good Sports Bar manager will even take it as a challenge to find obscure games. Many times, you don't know until game time if it will actually be on. They will always have something on...even if it is amateurs from far away. Sound isn't nearly as important.

Well boys, for a mere 1.5 million you can own your very own sports bar and show 'em how it's done!

For a mere $20,000, many pensioners were convinced to buy shares in companies that didn't exist. This stolen money was then laundered through local bars and restaurants. You have supported this bar despite all the evidence that shows where the investment came from and who was behind it. Why such support for these people? That's not a rhetorical question, please answer.

None of the members of CEC who went into this bar where "hit up" for anything more than the cost of their food or drink.

Once the problems with their ownership were brought to our attention, they ceased to be sponsors of CEC. They returned only after Bullard's death, when it was evident the widow was trying to make a go of it.

Spending 1.5 million to buy The Game would probably be a better investment than what the boiler room boys were selling in Bangkok -- at least to hear you guys tell it. You all sound like experts on how a sports bar should be run.

None of the members of CEC who went into this bar where "hit up" for anything more than the cost of their food or drink.

Once the problems with their ownership were brought to our attention, they ceased to be sponsors of CEC. They returned only after Bullard's death, when it was evident the widow was trying to make a go of it.

Spending 1.5 million to buy The Game would probably be a better investment than what the boiler room boys were selling in Bangkok -- at least to hear you guys tell it. You all sound like experts on how a sports bar should be run.

You received their advertising money.

Whoever receives, possesses, conceals, stores, barters, sells, or disposes of any goods, wares, or merchandise, securities, or money of the value of $5,000 or more, or pledges or accepts as security for a loan any goods, wares, or merchandise, or securities, of the value of $500 or more, which have crossed a State or United States boundary after being stolen, unlawfully converted, or taken, knowing the same to have been stolen, unlawfully converted, or taken; or...

...Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2315

Most sports fans are Nancy, it's just the owners of this particular 'sports' bar were not.

Whoever receives, possesses, conceals, stores, barters, sells, or disposes of any goods, wares, or merchandise, securities, or money of the value of $5,000 or more, or pledges or accepts as security for a loan any goods, wares, or merchandise, or securities, of the value of $500 or more, which have crossed a State or United States boundary after being stolen, unlawfully converted, or taken, knowing the same to have been stolen, unlawfully converted, or taken; or...

...Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

Frontrunner for the "Most Asinine Post of November" award.

"Knowing the same to have been stolen" is what your cut/paste Junior Prosecutor-wannabe post says. "Once the problems with their ownership were brought to our attention" is what NancyL's post reads. Even you should be able to ascertain that means the CEC board didn't know the funds may have been obtained illegally.

Nice job, though, making yourself look like someone with a personal grudge.

Frontrunner for the "Most Asinine Post of November" award.

"Knowing the same to have been stolen" is what your cut/paste Junior Prosecutor-wannabe post says. "Once the problems with their ownership were brought to our attention" is what NancyL's post reads. Even you should be able to ascertain that means the CEC board didn't know the funds may have been obtained illegally.

Nice job, though, making yourself look like someone with a personal grudge.

"They returned only after Bullard's death, when it was evident the widow was trying to make a go of it.' - same money

but no, I don't have a grudge against the CEC, I do think however that Nancy's naivety has put her in a difficult position.

It's the companies/restaurants that received the cash for a number of years knowing it was BR cash, that should be worried imo.

Edited by Loaded

No one is suggesting that the shares scams were operated from a bar-- these guys were too savvy for that ("sophisticated" is not the term I would use). As a rule, the victims were always overseas. After the coup, their local protectors fell out of favor, and between their internecine squabbles and mounting personal problems, things seem to have unravelled fast.

No one is suggesting that the shares scams were operated from a bar-- these guys were too savvy for that ("sophisticated" is not the term I would use). As a rule, the victims were always overseas. After the coup, their local protectors fell out of favor, and between their internecine squabbles and mounting personal problems, things seem to have unravelled fast.

one of them actually fell out of an office building

Edited by Loaded