Marriage Non-O visa & don't have 400,000 THB

Not sure about this one. I read somewhere, may be on Thai Visa? That a Thai wife can contribute towards the 400000 baht needed for her foreign husband to get a year visa extension and it`s acceptable that she can support her husband if she is working. But not clear on this?

Not true. A few years my wife called the immigration and asked if we can use her salary (over 40k) for this. They said no. The purpose of the visa is to transfer money from abroad to Thailand.. Err.. The foreign husband to support Thai wife, not the other way around.
The purpose of the visa is not to transfer money from abroad to Thailand. Also, you're talking about income not the 400k in the Thai bank account. Nothing to stop your wife putting her money in your account, as already stated.

Yes, I was saying that more as a joke. The point is that wife's income can't be used for this. She is of course free to deposit 400k into husband's account and that can be used to apply for extention of stay.

As far as borrowing from a Thai family the law clearly states that the money must come from overseas.

Can you provide a link to the "law" which states money must come from overseas?

I do not believe such a "law" exists .

Not sure about this one. I read somewhere, may be on Thai Visa? That a Thai wife can contribute towards the 400000 baht needed for her foreign husband to get a year visa extension and it`s acceptable that she can support her husband if she is working. But not clear on this?

http://www.thailandcourt.com/thailand-visas-common-visa-types www.thailandcourt.com/thailand-visas-common-visa-types

Thai Legal System. ... The foreigner-spouse who has a Marriage Visa is allowed to work in Thailand ... letter or pension letter, payslip or bank statements as a proof of your funds. ... We will help you obtain an initial Non-immigrant visa (90 days) before coming to Thailand. ... Your income must come from an overseas source.

Neither the 400k deposit in the bank or the 40k income needs to come from abroad. A husband employed in Thailand with an income of 40k+ pm can use that. Any foreign income needs to be certified by an affidavit.

Simply obtain your VISA NON O in your own country where pending your country of residence, you will not be required to show bank statements

On returning to Thailand leave the country every 90 days

Good Luck

is this still true as of November 2015 and do all the embassies or Consulats apply the same rules ? In which country did you get yours or know others got theirs ?

Hi Guys, would like to check with you all something.

In the Savannakhet Thai consulate, they only issue multi-entry non-imm O based on marriage? Can they issue the single-entry non-imm O based on marriage to us?

Or can we request for the single entry non-imm O? Let's say, some people are not going out of Thailand during the 1 year visa. Can they request for the single entry non-imm O instead of the multi-entry non-imm O and require to leave Thailand every 90days?

You can request a single entry non "O" visa based on marriage which will provide one entry of 90 days.

What do you intend to do when that 90 day entry is coming to an end ?

Your only choices are .......

1. Apply for an extension of stay based on marriage. (400.000 Bht in a Thai Bank or a provable 40,000 Bht./month income.

2. Apply for a once only 60 day extension to visit your wife (just 1900 Bht fee)

3.Exit the country for another visa

NB

A non "O" visa based on marriage is a non imm "O" visa

They are the same visa !

Edited by oncearugge

You can request a single entry non "O" visa based on marriage which will provide one entry of 90 days.

NB

They are the same visa !

Ok, so it will only valid for a 90days period only.

I am really confused. Inside Thailand, the single entry non-imm O given by immigration branch is valid for 1 year. The applicant do not need to leave the Thailand.

Anyway, this issue is not much importance, more for clarification.

Going to get the Multi-entry non-imm O.

Thanks!

NB

They are the same visa !

I am really confused. Inside Thailand, the single entry non-imm O given by immigration branch is valid for 1 year. The applicant do not need to leave the Thailand.

Thanks!

There is NO non "O" visa issued inside Thailand which is valid for one year.

An "extension of stay" (which is NOT a visa) is valid for one year.

NB

They are the same visa !

Thanks!

Ok, I understand now.

One last question.

Is there any difference between the extension of stay based on marriage and non-imm O based on marriage? For example like acquiring Thai citizenship? They stated we need to have consecutive years of staying in Thailand.

NB

They are the same visa !

Thanks!

Ok, I understand now.

One last question.

Is there any difference between the extension of stay based on marriage and non-imm O based on marriage? For example like acquiring Thai citizenship? They stated we need to have consecutive years of staying in Thailand.

I suggest you concentrate on learning the difference between Visas and "Extensions of stay" (which are not visas) before worrying about citizenship which requires a number of consecutive years on extensions and a history of working (with a work permit) and tax payment before you can even be considered for citizenship.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a question on getting Non-o-visa and regulations to enter Thailand.

I am 58 y. old individual of the RF nationality married a Thai girl for seven years already. Since the end of 2013 we moved to Thailand from Germany for residence. I had previously single entrance non-o visas for 90 days and one year duration issued in Germany.

Now I want to get a single 90 days non-o visa in Laos without financial prove of income. Actually, I have invested a few million baht into farming land and estates but it is always difficult to freeze 400 thousand Thai baht for a long while at a bank accountaccou

A problem that my passport is valid till September 13, 2016 and a previous extention to stay in Thailand is valid till March 07, 2016. Yesterday I have applied for a new passport at the Russian embassy/consulate in Bangkok but been informed that it will take 3 months to get it. They reject any possibility to accelerate the issue process either to give me any written document that my passport is extended for 3 month longer than at present. No information on duration of the procedure to get a new passport was available at a web site of the RF embassy in Thailand, BTW. They were nusty enough to claim that it will be my own problem if I cannot enter Thailand with an old passport. Moreover, they proposed me to return to Russia and to wait for a new passport over there. It is impossible, as I do not reside in Russia since 1999 and am not officially registered for residence either for any address in Russia since 2010. So, my only option is to get a new passport in Thailand.

Can I apply for a 90 days single non-o visa in Laos and enter Thailand before March 13 that is 6 months before my passport gets expired? It would allow me to wait in Thailand for a new passport and later on to apply with the new passport for a multiple 90 days non-o visa in Laos.

If you want to obtain a single entry "O" visa in Laos you must do so whilst there is a clear 6 months validity left on the passport.

Any less will result in you not being able to enter Laos.

On return to Thailand your passport must be valid for at least the 90 days the visa provides.

• Like 1

I am 58 y. old individual of the RF nationality married a Thai girl for seven years already. Since the end of 2013 we moved to Thailand from Germany for residence. I had previously single entrance non-o visas for 90 days and one year duration issued in Germany.

Now I want to get a single 90 days non-o visa in Laos without financial prove of income. Actually, I have invested a few million baht into farming land and estates but it is always difficult to freeze 400 thousand Thai baht for a long while at a bank accountaccou

A problem that my passport is valid till September 13, 2016 and a previous extention to stay in Thailand is valid till March 07, 2016. Yesterday I have applied for a new passport at the Russian embassy/consulate in Bangkok but been informed that it will take 3 months to get it. They reject any possibility to accelerate the issue process either to give me any written document that my passport is extended for 3 month longer than at present. No information on duration of the procedure to get a new passport was available at a web site of the RF embassy in Thailand, BTW. They were nusty enough to claim that it will be my own problem if I cannot enter Thailand with an old passport. Moreover, they proposed me to return to Russia and to wait for a new passport over there. It is impossible, as I do not reside in Russia since 1999 and am not officially registered for residence either for any address in Russia since 2010. So, my only option is to get a new passport in Thailand.

Can I apply for a 90 days single non-o visa in Laos and enter Thailand before March 13 that is 6 months before my passport gets expired? It would allow me to wait in Thailand for a new passport and later on to apply with the new passport for a multiple 90 days non-o visa in Laos.

Yes you can get a single entry non 'O' in Laos.

Alternatively, as you are married, you could get a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife that could extend your current stay until May.

• Like 1

Yes you can get a single entry non 'O' in Laos.

Alternatively, as you are married, you could get a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife that could extend your current stay until May.

Dear elviajero,

Thanks a lot for your kind advicing. It is a big relief to learn that I can get yet a legal permission to stay in Thailand for the time required.

I am already on my 60 days extension. Therefore together with my wife we are heading to Lao for getting a non-o 90 days single entrance visa before March 07 to be back before March 13. It has to be a nice trip and short vacations.

Cheers

• Like 1

May well be, but I put in an extension (basis of marriage, non o) very recently and was required to show 3 months at NST, as was the case last year.

We ring up to check if requirements have changed before applying every year and they were careful to ascertain whether it was the first extension or not before informing us that it needed to be 3 months.

They also required a bank certified stamped and signed bank statement this year as well as the bank letter and scans of the book.

He checked that 3 months scans were included, I am certain of this because he initially misread it as being 2 months and gave the docs back to us. Only when we very politely clarified did he continue with the application.

Different offices have different rules, sure one could pull out the letter of the law, but in my experience they do not like being contradicted very much at all. My recommendation is, in order to save stress and face all round, plan for 3 months.

To be completely frank, the amount of documentation we have to get together now, and the amount of time it takes to check it, is becoming so onerous that I might well switch to the elite visa next year.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

3 month, sarakham need have sure full 3 month i go to has bank account money 89 day no can make visa ,  but next day has full 90 day can made new visa, immigration sure need only have full 90 dau in bank and u need go to bank take certification and stamp paper have sure money in bank account. immigration office no accept mu bank certificatioin what has make in bank 89 day, say not accept need go back bank next day and make new certification paper then immigration accept new visa, uh, no easy need go immigration 3 time 3 day. AND office lady say if next year come u need come made new visa minimum 1 month before were have old end.if come  later no make visa ,him say.next year i need embassy certification income my pension salary before go immigration because bank accounbt have embty now i build home .

On 11/8/2015 at 5:24 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. The visa will allow unlimited 90 day entries for a year.

is this the same one page visa application that is used for everyone or is there a multiple form ?

(immigration in chiang mai has multiple)

this will be my first marriage app request ..

and how do i request multi entry .. is it on another form ?

thanks for all