Ever sleep on a 'topper'?

jobin

Need new mattresses maybe 2. But costly. I looked in Home Pro San Sai, a big shop with bedding and saw things called 'toppers'. To me was only a thin mattress, same size as single mattress. I tried resting on it and all seemed OK.

Does anyone know about 'toppers'?

I moved to a new place and the mattress was too hard and causing me big problems with my back. I shopped around and found a tempurpedic topper at the Home Pro Store in Hang Dong. I use it on top of my hard mattress and also put a 1" cheap eggcrate padding I purchased on top of the tempurpedic topper. It has made a world of difference and my back problems have gone away. It works for me. Good luck.

I moved to a new place and the mattress was too hard and causing me big problems with my back. I shopped around and found a tempurpedic topper at the Home Pro Store in Hang Dong. I use it on top of my hard mattress and also put a 1" cheap eggcrate padding I purchased on top of the tempurpedic topper. It has made a world of difference and my back problems have gone away. It works for me. Good luck.

I use the same brand topper on my mattress. Have for the past... almost 20 years now. Love it.

We must have bought a very Hard Topper... King size, never liked it, was just as hard as the mattress so wife handed it of to

a relative.

We finished up bringing a couple of beds and mattresses back with us from Australia.... HEAVEN !!!

We must have bought a very Hard Topper... King size, never liked it, was just as hard as the mattress so wife handed it of to

a relative.

We finished up bringing a couple of beds and mattresses back with us from Australia.... HEAVEN !!!

I think Thais must be used to sleeping on a wooden floor, and assume farangs like this too. I've never come across such hard and heavy bases and mattresses.

I've yet to rent a place with a soft mattress and bought a topper 4 years back. Thoroughly recommend getting one. The bedding and sheet shop in Chiang Moi Rd has good prices.

I still have not figured out why Thais like thick doonas/duvees which are more suited to the Arctic!

I'll look for the bedding shop on Chiang Moi road. My real question here is whether the Topper is useful without the mattress below. I like it harder than many so will eliminate the mattress and see how it goes.

The use of the quilt/duvet is common in Asia as the covering can be easily removed and washed. I like blankets but these are not easy to wash, and if dry cleaned, very expensive to clean.

Indeed. Where is Peenang in CM?

And i thought carrying golf clubs onto airplanes was cost prohibitive but now i learn some folks carry their queen size mattress onto the plane with them. I guess it's my belief but like food habits, sleeping habits are merely learned behavior and can be changed.

Peenang is the shop referred to on Chang Moi. However that one is closing and they are moving all their stuff to the bigger Kamtieng branch (very little stock left in Chang Moi now).

The single mattresses 3.5 feet wide start at about 2800 Bt each (thinner ones are cheaper). I got a decent one there not long ago (much nicer than the 2800 striped one) for 3500 Bt. They also have toppers.

I actually often sleep on only a topper which I bought there. For me it is really comfortable will look at the brand.

Just bought a topper online from lazada .. this company is based in Bangkok .. and accepts COD .. arrived in 3 days and you can follow it's transit online .. we spent 4960.bt on a topper and it has significantly improved our bed .. all the latex toppers,for a large bed, seem very expensive.

Hope his helps.

UNFORTUNATELY, I cannot tell you hwee it is, but there is shop in Chiangmai that specializes in selling mattresses to hotels. It was recommended to a friend who went there and bought one. He was very happy with both the price and quality. For location, you'd have to ask around . . .

I have a US made Sealy mattress.

Very 'Hard/Stiff' lower section and a soft 'Top'.

Most comfortable mattress I have ever had.

Mind you it cost B22K, my best investment for a good nights sleep.

john

"Very 'Hard/Stiff' lower section and a soft 'Top'."

Are you talking about a ladyboy or a mattress?

john

"Very 'Hard/Stiff' lower section and a soft 'Top'."

Are you talking about a ladyboy or a mattress?

It was only a matter of time.

I bought a Sealy mattress here for about 20KB. I didnt get on with it at all and it gave me all sorts of back problems. In the end I went to Ikea and bought one of their foam mattresses for 6000B which I use on top of the Sealy one. Perfect. Had I known I would not have bothered with the Sealy mattress at all. Ikea also have other good quality sprung mattresses at much lower prices than Thai shops.

Latex makes me sweat so that's out.

john

Have same, consider how much time you spend in bed, a worthwhile investment.

I think the OP wants to use the topper as a mattress due to the cost of a mattress. If the price of a mattress, at about 8000 for a reasonable one, is going to be cost restrictive then how are you living here? blink.png

8000 for a decent mattress not a chance 28000 maybe.

At home, I have a years-old regular mattress which is on the hard side, and then a memory-foam topper PLUS a "feather-bed" topper. They help, but can't say they make a world of diffference, even using both together. Still, so many people swear by them that I suspect it's a matter of spending the money for top quality. For me, it's just a matter of comfort - no back problems. Whether you're a back, side, or stomach sleeper might also factor into it.

Edited by hawker9000

john

Yeah, I have a Sealy too, but I think the OP is looking for a cheap substitute.

Back in the day when I did contract programming work, I used to rent an unfurnished apartment and sleep on a sleeping bag. I have always enjoyed a hard surface for sleeping. At 70, I still watch TV and take naps on the floor in my den, but I use a thin mattress. Nice ones can be had for a few hundred baht. They fold up and serve

Does latex make everybody sweat badly or is it a person to person thing?

Actually, I saw that. Latex is natural and known to be one of the cooler sleeping mattresses because it is open cell and breathes. Memory foam is closed cell and much hotter. Perhaps the guy above actually has memory foam (made from polyurethane).

Most people that have true 100% pure latex mattresses report high satisfaction. Latex mattresses typically last much longer than most other mattresses as well -- up to 20 years. In the US, a good 100% latex mattress is very expensive. They are less expensive here because the rubber grows here and the mattresses are made here.