Party-list system of little value: Suthep

webfact

With his record of disruption and corruption. Suthep should'nt even be allowed to open his mouth anywhere near politics ever again. He caused chaos on the streets of Bangkok just because he did'nt like the opposing party in government. When he was in government he was involved in corruption, in one instance giving valuable land which was set aside for poor farmers, to some of his Hi-so family friends. I often wonder if they were ever made to hand that land on Phuket back to the farmers. His family land on Koh Samui became enlarged with government owned land. The man is an utter crook and Thailand in general of all political parties, can do without him .

He is on what is (at present ) the winning side. eventually the tide will turn. Then he may hope he is on the list of those to be picked up by an armoured limo for a quick trip to the airport.

Will the tide turn? There seems no going back this time. Too much loss of face. Both sides of the divide are going to have to embrass this reform process and what ever the outcome the next elected government will be left with the huge task of reconciliation. As for Suthep, he really needs to bow out of the political arena as he only causes more divide and hatred being on one side.

Oh no, a headline with the word 'Suthep' in it.

Stand by for a deluge of embarrassing, childish nonsense which has zero relation to the article.

Englishoak has given you a starter for 10 : off you go red-shirts.

Right. Suthep is a crook, nothing more needs to be said. He should not talk about democracy as he does not know what it is.

The subject of fraude and cheating is right up his alley though !

Whereas good old Thaksin is as honest as they day is long. Why, he even said so himself on CNN and they wouldn't broadcast lies now would they?

How many convictions has Suthep, how many current outstanding court cases? And how many convictions, outstanding court cases and bail jumps does Thaksin the Innocent have?

But, But.

I am pretty sure that nowhere in my reply I mentioned Thaksin.

Suthep and Thaksin are both crooks, the only difference is that the first was never convicted for his crimes and the second was. "Thai Justice".

Which makes me wonder if he ever will have to account for disrupting a general election, which IS against the law, probably never, remember 'Thai Justice" ...

With his record of disruption and corruption. Suthep should'nt even be allowed to open his mouth anywhere near politics ever again. He caused chaos on the streets of Bangkok just because he did'nt like the opposing party in government. When he was in government he was involved in corruption, in one instance giving valuable land which was set aside for poor farmers, to some of his Hi-so family friends. I often wonder if they were ever made to hand that land on Phuket back to the farmers. His family land on Koh Samui became enlarged with government owned land. The man is an utter crook and Thailand in general of all political parties, can do without him .

He is on what is (at present ) the winning side. eventually the tide will turn. Then he may hope he is on the list of those to be picked up by an armoured limo for a quick trip to the airport.

Will the tide turn? There seems no going back this time. Too much loss of face. Both sides of the divide are going to have to embrass this reform process and what ever the outcome the next elected government will be left with the huge task of reconciliation. As for Suthep, he really needs to bow out of the political arena as he only causes more divide and hatred being on one side.

I agree with you that Suthep should bow out of the political arena on the one side.

Now, who do you think should bow out from the other side to sort of balance it a bit?

I have my own ideas but I am interested in your thoughts on this.

Reconciliation could only be achieved (I think) by a truly elected government which enjoyed popular support. Since the thrust of the reforms seems to be to ensure an electoral system which will not produce such a government, then I suspect that the tide will turn when the present regime is forced to leave office. How that will occur I don't know. There are many possible scenarios. I hope it will not be violent, but I am more and more expecting it to be a messy process, perhaps very messy.

If it is messy then I expect Suthep will be hoofing it for the airport or border with a mob in hot pursuit! If it is not messy then you are right, and he will have to bow out.

Edited by JAG

I agree with you that Suthep should bow out of the political arena on the one side.

Now, who do you think should bow out from the other side to sort of balance it a bit?

I have my own ideas but I am interested in your thoughts on this.

The army. Once we have elections then the "together, begin again, our home, our country" can start. The current pause in politics has gone on enough. Until people start voting then divide in society will remain. The referee needs to start the game again as the crowd is getting bored and restless. Who wins is not important, it's a return to democracy that the winner.