Monk charged with raping nine boys

geovalin

The chief monk of a pagoda in Siem Reap province has been arrested on suspicion of raping nine young novices, with more victims expected to be identified, according to police.

Vong Chet, 46, head of Ratanak Mony Rong Ko pagoda in Kralanh district, was detained by police yesterday after the parents of nine boys aged 9 to 16 alleged he had sex with them, according to Chea Heng, deputy chief of anti-human trafficking and juvenile protection in the province.

“We received a complaint from parents of nine young novices [on Sunday] saying that their kids had been raped by the chief monk over five months,” Heng said, adding that one of the victims claimed he had been raped between 10 and 20 times.

read more: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national

Why is anyone surprised ? This goes on wholesale in south east asia. The more devoutly buddhist the country... the more likely. Temple boys, novices....

And be clear we are not talking about consensual sexual activity between adults.

It is the rape of children by adults... adults in authority religious positions.

just another example of the true hypocrisy of ALL religions. They are not here to follow what they preach, it is just a veil to hide behind while you carry out your evil agenda of one kind or another.

I can't understand why so many in the world still fall for their lies when there are so many examples of their deceit, corruption, and truly evil acts.

Suggestion, the next Thunder Storm stay inside so lightening will have a hard time finding you !!

just another example of the true hypocrisy of ALL religions. They are not here to follow what they preach, it is just a veil to hide behind while you carry out your evil agenda of one kind or another.

I can't understand why so many in the world still fall for their lies when there are so many examples of their deceit, corruption, and truly evil acts.

Yet another example of the catastrophe that happens when homosexuals are put in positions of trust over young boys. It didnt work for the Catholics and wont for the Buddhists nor any other group.

The time is long past to end the spin that homosexuals are "gay". They constitute a real and present danger to male youth, and steps are long overdue here and in many other countries to limit their access to the innocent.

Research shows that many homosexuals were themselves raped as children and much like HIV transmission, it takes one to make a new one. Our hearts must go out to all these victims, and to the perp himself due to the likely crimes committed against him in his past. But employment discrimination against homosexuals remains fundamental to our most sacred of duties, protection of the innocent.

a never ending stream of good news stories coming from Cambodia.

TV and its readers used to be unrealistically downbeat until the newsfeeds from Cambodia became so regular.

Hurrah for ASEAN and the positive influence of the upcoming AEC.

Edited by bangon04

Yet another example of the catastrophe that happens when homosexuals are put in positions of trust over young boys. It didnt work for the Catholics and wont for the Buddhists nor any other group.

The time is long past to end the spin that homosexuals are "gay". They constitute a real and present danger to male youth, and steps are long overdue here and in many other countries to limit their access to the innocent.

Research shows that many homosexuals were themselves raped as children and much like HIV transmission, it takes one to make a new one. Our hearts must go out to all these victims, and to the perp himself due to the likely crimes committed against him in his past. But employment discrimination against homosexuals remains fundamental to our most sacred of duties, protection of the innocent.

What a wonderful and sensitive human being you seem to be - not.

The Catholic Church, coming to Buddhist South-East Asia. :(

No wrong! Showing the side of Buddhist religion that some dont want public. The temples which have young boys brought in as young monks for short time periods as part of the" training" . Its rife across SE Asia!

Suggestion, the next Thunder Storm stay inside so lightening will have a hard time finding you !!

So you are saying that if there really is a God, that he supports the evil that is done in his name? Does he have a preferred religion that he supports?

Thanks but I will take my chances in all future thunder storms.

If I ever do get struck by lightning I will chock it up to science and not the act of a pissed off deity made up by power hungry men to control the masses.

This isn't a problem caused by "homosexuals put in a position of power" it's about religions that demand asexual behavior from sexual beings. If the Catholic Church and Buddhism allowed priests and monks to marry I doubt you've have this problem. You don't hear about Lutheran ministers molesting boys , that's because they'll allowed to be married and have a wife.

I'm sure the monk would have preferred females but he's not allowed any contact with, it's just him and other male monks and novice monks day in, day out.