Drunk Saudi visitor threatens to blow up Dubai hotel

webfact

I was in Dubai for nine years and Saudi for ten. The only reason Saudis ever crossed the causeway to Bahrain was because they lived in the nearby eastern province. Otherwise Dubai is always the first choice--truly the most glittering of Arab cities but also has its old Souk area next to the "Creek," which is really quite charming--you feel you're in the Ottoman Empire. Dubai is essentially a modern-day Hollywood Casablanca. I love the hypocrisy in Saudi Arabia. Strict Wahhabis spend all day criticizing the West and deny anybody goes to Dubai for a good time.

comparing Bahrain with Dubai is like comparing Nakhon Nowhere (312 inhabitants, 71 clicks southeast of Chaiyaphum) with Pattaya laugh.png

Who can blame them?

If you lived in a dry country and you fancied a beer, wouldn't you trip over a border or two?

They are not all hypocrites, many of them are just genuine pissheads.

biggrin.png

Of course they are hypocrites, The Muslim faith does not allow the body to consume alcahol, so they are cardboard cut out Muslims

please tell us more oh wise guru bah.gif

Read the answer, or read the Koran, what ever floats your boat oh wise prophet

Of course they are hypocrites, The Muslim faith does not allow the body to consume alcahol, so they are cardboard cut out Muslims

please tell us more oh wise guru bah.gif

Read the answer, or read the Koran, what ever floats your boat oh wise prophet

there's no part of the Qr'an that mentions that alcohol is forbitten my totally ignorant friend. but it can be derived from "sura nisaa" that faithful Muslims should not get intoxicated whilst attending prayers.

by the way, i have read the Qr'an more than once. your comment

The Muslim faith does not allow the body to consume alcahol

is ridiculous. it only indicates that you are (like me) not a native English speaker and might not even have seen a cover of Islam's holy book.

Edited by Naam

Las Vegas is a tad too far from KSA for a weekend of debauchery with your mates.

Horse racing and side betting is to be had according to those in the know.

Aye, I realise Vegas is quite a distance, but I just assumed they would jump onto their solid gold Lear jet that burns Rolexes instead of kerosine and fly when it suited them, with a few bottles and a couple of grams of... to get them into the spirit. Shows you what I know...

The Lear wouldn't be the plane for that because it doesn't have nearly the range. Depending on the Lear model and the weight carried, head or tail winds aloft, density altitude, etc., it "might" go 5,000 miles without refueling but I doubt it. Some Lears are good for about 2,000 miles only.

Those big boys fly in planes made by Boeing and Airbus. It's still half way around the world and wouldn't be non-stop, I think.

Cheers.