Sky lanterns and fireworks will be banned in Bangkok in wake of aviation safety concern and fires

webfact

A ban on sales will never work because there's money to be made.

A ban on use will never work because no one will enforce it, or even try to.

Bans, crackdowns, purges etc are all official BS to make it sound as if something is or will be done.

It's been done to death and I doubt anyone believes the cap, if they ever did.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

Yeah. Just what I would like to have happen on my flight.

Sorry, but that is not a bird test. That is a blade failure test, A380 engine test. One blade is disconnected using explosive bolts at the base of the blade to test containment of the fragments from penetrating the wall. Can't trust YouTube titles anymore. biggrin.png

Same video but more accurate title.

. And the original test video explaining what they are doing.

Maybe this one is better. Either way, the expected possible outcome is failure of a blade.

This is the one in detail:

You can put a goose through three of the engines and the plane will remain airborne. Lightweight paper, and a thin tin rim would be sucked in and evaporated. During Loi Krathong they simply need to stop flights into CNX at 6pm for the duration of the holiday. The power hungry government leaders and bureaucrats are not going to stop the festivities, so it's much easier to schedule the suspension of a few early evening flights on the Loi Krathong and New Years Eve holidays than trying to bust a few hundred thousand people engaging in an extremely popular holiday.

Thank God the progressive liberal from Western Nanny-States don't run the show here in Thailand, and given Thailand's bent on extreme nationalism, I doubt it will ever happen anytime soon, unless those with power simply wish to control the average man-on-the-street for the sake of wielding power.

Risk taking, such as setting off fireworks, gives you an adrenaline rush that makes life worth living. Skiing down a downhill course at 75 miles per hour gives you an adrenaline rush that makes life worth living. Diving with sting ray gives you an adrenaline rush that makes life worth living. Progressive Nanny-State proponents would like nothing better that to make everything that gives you an adrenaline rush and makes life worth living and illegal act. Except for those in power, of course.

Risk taking is dangerous, but it can define you; it can shape your being: In that moment between Life and potential Death, right there!!!, you will find the epitome of life itself. The only thing better: Jhana.

"What good is power if you can't exercise it and control the actions of the populace."

Edited by connda

Yeah. Just what I would like to have happen on my flight.

Sorry, but that is not a bird test. That is a blade failure test, A380 engine test. One blade is disconnected using explosive bolts at the base of the blade to test containment of the fragments from penetrating the wall. Can't trust YouTube titles anymore. biggrin.png

Same video but more accurate title.

. And the original test video explaining what they are doing.

Maybe this one is better. Either way, the expected possible outcome is failure of a blade.

This is the one in detail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=736O4Hz4Nk4

You can put a goose through three of the engines and the plane will remain airborne. Lightweight paper, and a thin tin rim would be sucked in and evaporated. During Loi Krathong they simply need to stop flights into CNX at 6pm for the duration of the holiday. The power hungry government leaders and bureaucrats are not going to stop the festivities, so it's much easier to schedule the suspension of a few early evening flights on the Loi Krathong and New Years Eve holidays than trying to bust a few hundred thousand people engaging in an extremely popular holiday.

Thank God the progressive liberal from Western Nanny-States don't run the show here in Thailand, and given Thailand's bent on extreme nationalism, I doubt it will ever happen anytime soon, unless those with power simply wish to control the average man-on-the-street for the sake of wielding power.

Risk taking, such as setting off fireworks, gives you an adrenaline rush that makes life worth living. Skiing down a downhill course at 75 miles per hour gives you an adrenaline rush that makes life worth living. Diving with sting ray gives you an adrenaline rush that makes life worth living. Progressive Nanny-State proponents would like nothing better that to make everything that gives you an adrenaline rush and makes life worth living and illegal act. Except for those in power, of course.

"What good is power if you can't exercise it and control the actions of the populace."

Is skiing downhill or swimming with stingray illegal?

No, didn't think so. Of course playing with fireworks is actually just stupid.