Are you old outside but young inside?

i claudius

Keeping in good shape in my 40s.

Get a simple full check up every year to test for LDL levels etc around 4000 baht

It's not easy to walk around in Bangkok like I do in London and it's bloody hard to avoid sugar, as everything in Thailand is sugar loaded.

But my tips are to drink plenty of water, consume plenty of fresh fish and add spices like cinnamon and turmeric to your food.

I take a male vitamin supplement which contains Q10 and zinc. I also take a saw palmetto supplement which is good for both prostate problems and hair loss. I add a burdock root tincture to a couple of glasses of water every day to help with liver and kidney function.

Try and avoid sugar and soft drinks. If you like alcohol occasionally, stick to cocktails or red wine rather than beer.

If you have a condo pool, use it every day or at least 4 times a week. Try and work out or jog, even if it's just a couple of times a week.

Simple exercising and swimming really help. Also a 2 hr massage once a week seems to help me relax and helps with my back issues and sciatica.

And a younger wife is also good, if you can keep up..

Edited by Cook my sock

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after reading this thread it appears that the handsome man syndrome really does work. "I'm 70 but I'm told I look 40".... seriously guys, snap out of it!

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Ha ha ...you have the same problem.....geeez ...and I thought I was the only one...

I am 59 years old and they commonly guess my age as low as 40 years old to 45 years old......lucky me...or....they are hoping to get more money out of me.....lol

Cheers

Those of you convinced you look 10-20 years younger than your age - what makes you think that?

People tell me I look younger than my age all the time. I don't, though. They're just being nice.

Not entirely true.

There are a percent of people that do not look as old as others the same age.

For many reasons their face ages well while showing far less of the signs of old age....which basically means facial skin is not beginning to lose its natural muscle tone while displaying a lot of obvious wrinkles and creases and age spots and all the other obvious signs of aging seen in a persons face...including that tired and worn out look of some peoples faces.....and the most obvious of all....how fast your hair begins to turn grey or finally all white which tells anyone and everyone that you are near 50 or certainly over 50 year old.

You will observe a lasting, youthful look in men more so than women ( that is without their makeup ) while there are a good percent of women that go to great lengths to maintain the youthful look of their faces and all their efforts show it ...even when they do not wear make up and all the gear and props they use to make themselves look more youthful.....

Meantime, a mans face commonly can look younger than he is while looking healthy over all ......minus the drugs or alcohol and cigarettes and lousy diet and no exercise and....the lack of sex or no sex at all can actually contribute to the acceleration of looking older than a person is.

It is not rocket science...lol

Cheers

Those of you convinced you look 10-20 years younger than your age - what makes you think that?

People tell me I look younger than my age all the time. I don't, though. They're just being nice.

Not entirely true.

There are a percent of people that do not look as old as others the same age.

For many reasons their face ages well while showing far less of the signs of old age....which basically means facial skin is not beginning to lose its natural muscle tone while displaying a lot of obvious wrinkles and creases and age spots and all the other obvious signs of aging seen in a persons face...including that tired and worn out look of some peoples faces.....and the most obvious of all....how fast your hair begins to turn grey or finally all white which tells anyone and everyone that you are near 50 or certainly over 50 year old.

You will observe a lasting, youthful look in men more so than women ( that is without their makeup ) while there are a good percent of women that go to great lengths to maintain the youthful look of their faces and all their efforts show it ...even when they do not wear make up and all the gear and props they use to make themselves look more youthful.....

Meantime, a mans face commonly can look younger than he is while looking healthy over all ......minus the drugs or alcohol and cigarettes and lousy diet and no exercise and....the lack of sex or no sex at all can actually contribute to the acceleration of looking older than a person is.

It is not rocket science...lol

Cheers

One could also deduce that posting on TVForum makes one appear younger than average.

Considering its an anonymous internet forum, you can be whatever size/sex/gender or age or name you want to be.

Most people assume that because my name is Charlie that I am a male.

not true, there are those of us who could not care less.

all the girls older than me are dead lol ! coming up 69, no-one believes me, and proud of it,call me Peter Pan. not one person has come near guessing my age right.thinks i am about 50, can post a pic of ya like he he

I will be 69 in Feb. My previous passport was issued in 2004 and on renewing it in BKK last Feb. the lady there said I looked younger in my new passport photo.

Ok it was a ladyboy down my local a month or 2 back asked how old I was . I paused in thought and said Hoksip phet, He laughed and said NO...Hasip phet. Didn't think I could count in Thai. I do feel younger over here though , might have had a lot more stress in England with having to get up and go to work in the snow....bloody miserable.

It is said we are trapped in our own generation....

Basically our own walking time capsules.....

Sometimes TVF is a splendid reminder of that.....

Along with the first glance in the mirror each day.....

Edited by pgrahmm