Question re non immigrant o multi entry visa

• Yes. You will be given 90 days giving you nearly 15 months.
  • If you are married of have a Thai child you can also extend that last 90 day stay by 60 days at immigration for 1,900 baht giving you nearly 17 months,

Wow, so let me understand this. Before the end of the last 3 month extension, ie, nearly 15 months into the visa I can extend for a further 2 months at immigration? Do I need the wife with me or to show funds for this? Do Vientianne border officials require a show of funds to get the last 3 month stamp? I intend to go there.

• If you are married of have a Thai child you can also extend that last 90 day stay by 60 days at immigration for 1,900 baht giving you nearly 17 months,

Wow, so let me understand this. Before the end of the last 3 month extension, ie, nearly 15 months into the visa I can extend for a further 2 months at immigration? Do I need the wife with me or to show funds for this? Do Vientianne border officials require a show of funds to get the last 3 month stamp? I intend to go there.

No "show of funds" are required.

No "show of funds" are required.

will need to take the wife, copy of marriage, and her house book and id card, about 7 - 14 days before expiry

Thanks Steve...you mean to immigration chaeng wattana, before the end of the 15 months for a 2 month extension right...giving me a total of nearly 17 months.

will need to take the wife, copy of marriage, and her house book and id card, about 7 - 14 days before expiry

Thanks Steve...you mean to immigration chaeng wattana, before the end of the 15 months for a 2 month extension right...giving me a total of nearly 17 months.

Yes.

• Enter as close to the expiry date ('enter before") of the visa. You'll be granted 90 days.
  • Towards the end of the 90 days (within the last couple of weeks) you can go to your local immigration office and apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.
  • You need; Your wife, original marriage certificate and copy, copy of wife's house book, copy of wife's ID. No financial proof needed.
  • It doesn't matter how early you apply as the extension will start at the end of the 90 days.
  • You can apply for this 60 day extension, once, on any 90 day entry.
Edited by elviajero

Yes.

• Enter as close to the expiry date ('enter before") of the visa. You'll be granted 90 days.
  • Towards the end of the 90 days (within the last couple of weeks) you can go to your local immigration office and apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.
  • You need; Your wife, original marriage certificate and copy, copy of wife's house book, copy of wife's ID. No financial proof needed.
  • It doesn't matter how early you apply as the extension will start at the end of the 90 days.
  • You can apply for this 90 day extension, once, on any 90 day entry.

Got it....except the last line...you mean a 60 day extension? And will they not grant it if my mrs is not with me?

Yes.

• You can apply for this 90 day extension, once, on any 90 day entry.

Got it....except the last line...you mean a 60 day extension? And will they not grant it if my mrs is not with me?

A typo 60 days was intended.

No wife no extension ! Your wife must accompany you if you want the 60 day extension.

Yes.

• You can apply for this 60 day extension, once, on any 90 day entry

Sorry a typo. I meant 60 days.

Not sure. They might, but it'll probably come down to the individual office/officer.

Has to be at the local imm office where your wife is a resident. I couldn't do the extension in Bangkok as my wifes house registration is in Suratthani.

Your wife will need to accompany you to the imm office.

If you had presented proof you are living in Bangkok that would not of happened. Their is no requirement that you do it where your wife's house book registration if for.