Dependent Non O Visa expiring in 3 days, what options available?

Hi All,

Thanks for all the previous help before, I now have a friend who needs some straight up advice.

She is the wife of someone working on a full work permit legally etc, and her current Dependent Non O Visa will expire in just 3 days. She hadn't realised that she needed certified documents she left in Greece to renew/get an extension on her visa, and cannot get them in time. She is thinking her options are to exit the country at a border and get a visa on arrival first, giving her time to get the certified documents from Greece to here in time to apply for the Dependent Non O Visa. Is this her best option? Thanks... yes they are a greek couple, so I don't know what Visa on arrival Visas are like for them.

Thanks all, appreciated.

Does she have her original marriage certificate. Most immigration offices will accept a self certification of it done by doing a statement at their home country embassy.

If not it would be best if she went to a nearby embassy or consulate to get another single entry non-o visa.

The lady will need her marriage certificate.

If this is not in Thai or English it will need translating and certifying by the MFA. She may also have to have the document authenticated by the Greek Embassy , probably by doing an affidavit.

I am unaware of any other "documents" that will be required.

hey all,

thanks, I think she understands and knows the documents she needs, but just not enough time right now. Would it be best to just do a border run right now to give her more time doing all this document business with marriage certificate translations and etc.? Thanks again.

A border run will only give her15 days. But she could apply for a 30 day extension at an immigration office to get more time if needed.

If she has her original marriage certificate she could do the self certification and translations in short amount of time. That includes the MFA certification.