Visa o and multi re-entry

Dear All,

I will get a 3 months visa O for retirement reason in two weeks (i went to immigration to ask a change of visa from tourist to O and need to go back in two weeks to get it)

First question:

When can i go back to immigration to ask for my one year extension: within the last 45 days of my 3 months visa or does it NEED to be within the last 30 days of my 3 months visa (one staff at the immigration said 30 days which is in contradiction with previous info i got here before, a confirmation of the 45 days will help a lot)?

When i will have this 3 months O visa i intend to do at the same time a multiple re-entry permit.

Second question:

Will this multiple re-entry permit be valid ONLY for the 3 months O visa or will it also cover the future one year extension i will get 1 month and a half or two month later?

I know these are very particular questions and i thank the experts in advance for their answers.

Have a nice day,

Marc.

When the visa change is processed, what is considered the date of entry (start date) for the new non-o? Is it the day the change is made or the date one entered the country?

In other words do you get an additional 90 days or only the remainder (of 30 days in this case)?

I seem to recall converting from a 30 day visa exempt stamp only gave another 60 days on a 90 day non-o, not 90 days.

Can the one-year extension be extended for a second year, or does one have to start the whole process all over again?

And one more question: who can be a "dependent"? Can an elderly, wheelchair-bound parent qualify as a dependent? Or does one have to transfer 800.000 Baht into Thailand for the parent as well?...

Can the one-year extension be extended for a second year, or does one have to start the whole process all over again?

And one more question: who can be a "dependent"? Can an elderly, wheelchair-bound parent qualify as a dependent? Or does one have to transfer 800.000 Baht into Thailand for the parent as well?...

1.Extensions of stay can be renewed if the conditions are met.

2. Possibly but you will need to consider the wisdom of moving such a Person to Thailand and ensure that they had adequate medical insurance ..........heath care is not cheap.

The document - paperwork for obtaining a 'renewal' of one's First Extension of Stay Based on Retirement upon anniversary is no different from the original application. But the review of your application / document packet could well be somewhat abbreviated .. especially if there are no changes in your status and you do not change living locations and reporting immigration office. But conditions vary