prison sentences

justaphase

Just sharing my experience and thoughts. I'm a better man for it and my way of thinking has changed.

Sure smoking is wrong here but not the worst thing ever.

Thanks for the words of wisdom and whatever and the people with nothing better to do than criticize..to be frank I don't care what u think.

I'm happy to be me and enjoying and appreciating things much more.

The best thing about jail is the moral support from inmates. The worst is the unbearably loud TVs in the cells.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Families and pot..

Similar story, mine, but American woman.

Too much weed..3 1/2 ounces.. in Thailand.

Great story..Thanks for sharing. and not answering Fang's question. unless I missed it on another page..OMG! Thai TV!!

Aloha

Stay mellow.

Edited by KonaRain

Was smoking Pot worth it? Worth prison and losing your family?

There are lots of people that think the law does not apply to them, until they get caught years later.

I would think a wife and kids would be enough deterrent to follow the law but for you I guess not

Moralising on a thread like this is boring, not to mention stating the obvious.

He did the crime, and he did his time.

..and there it is everyone...a contribution to the decay, towards the lowest common denominator.

Throw out the accusation and label of being boring, to try to win an argument. An argument by the way, that is not just dumbing down, but trying to legitimise and support criminals.

Is TV now a place to swap advice for how to survive in jail, is it a criminal support network now?

Is there no value in discussing morals, social-cultural trends of change, or are we dumbing down?

dbrenn: don't bother replying if all you do is hurl insults - you'll just add weight to my points. But please do reply if you have something worth saying that gets the grey matter tingling with constructive and challenging thought.

Pretty much has always been that in my experience... nothing to discuss here!

Hope everything works out for you in the future...maybe your experience can help another avoid future misfortune.(or good fortune) It has been my experience that all things I learned that were worthwhile were from the "mistakes" I made and stood to me in the future. Only people who have had similar experiences can really identify, or understand. It is people such as yourself that are less inclined to judge others (I hope).

There's no rape. Not much violence. If you do wrong you get a beating from thd guards so its rare.

One thing I'd like to add though is the amount of bi men. It seems 60% of Thai men seem to think gay is ok. I remember being asked why don't u like gay? Umm CoS I'm not.lol. also Thais can't smoke. They don't inhale. I never noticed before but they smoke like 9 year olds.!

I must add the max term in Minburi is 15 years. Places like ban kwang are full of lifers who don't give a <deleted>.

Longest sentence ever served by a foreigner is 17yrs. You read stories of people getting 50, 70 yrs for drugs all the time. Its a head &lt;deleted&gt;. Truth is, most are whisked away in the night after 3-5 years and deported. That part never makes the news.

Was smoking Pot worth it? Worth prison and losing your family?

There are lots of people that think the law does not apply to them, until they get caught years later.

I would think a wife and kids would be enough deterrent to follow the law but for you I guess not

Moralising on a thread like this is boring, not to mention stating the obvious.

He did the crime, and he did his time.

It should not be a crime to have a bit of pot.......I know so many nice people Thai and Farang that smoke pot....

don't do the crime if you can't handle the time. not rocket doctor stuff. obey the law, ignorance is no excuse.

The Law, The Law,...?!?!?....we would never be a civilised society like we are now if there where no people that fought the law once and a while....

It was illegal for Jews to work or have a business in Germany before and during WW II.....this was the law voted by a democratic government....!!!!

Some laws are good and others have to be fought....!!!

Best regards.

There's no rape. Not much violence. If you do wrong you get a beating from thd guards so its rare.

One thing I'd like to add though is the amount of bi men. It seems 60% of Thai men seem to think gay is ok. I remember being asked why don't u like gay? Umm CoS I'm not.lol. also Thais can't smoke. They don't inhale. I never noticed before but they smoke like 9 year olds.!

I must add the max term in Minburi is 15 years. Places like ban kwang are full of lifers who don't give a <deleted>.

Longest sentence ever served by a foreigner is 17yrs. You read stories of people getting 50, 70 yrs for drugs all the time. Its a head <deleted>. Truth is, most are whisked away in the night after 3-5 years and deported. That part never makes the news.

Can you show a link to this information you are claming?

In a nut shell....

If you do drugs in Thailand, you are stupid.

There are many places in the world where recreational drugs are legal, or considered "no big deal".

If you can not live without recreational drugs, go there or, risk going to a Thai prison.

Simple.

P.S. I was a cronic marijuana smoker for over 40 years,

I even had a medical perscription to smoke it in America.

I have not touched it since I moved to Thailand...5 years ago.

Unless you're in for murder then you get to be alone in the dark.

I ate lunch one day when they were processing this young Burmese guy. He had strangied his wife for having an affair. I'll never forget the grin on his face as he told me.

Another guy covered in stitches and bruised up had been beaten up so he just came with his gun and bam bam shot him twice in the face.

Hardcore.

There's the know it alls but they don't know what its like in there. I do. I've done my time for wrongs. Finish. The point of this post was to say what a great in site into prison life it was. My Thai is really good and it was invaluable. Noooooo English in there with regard to the locals.

justaphase you are great for all your insiders info !

Even when not doing anything illegal we know that shit can happens anytime anywhere, so its good to know what to wait !

Forgot if you said it, but you were the only foreigner in your cell ?

The worst seem to be the heat and the loud TV as you said, but in day time I guess that you can do anything you want outside and feel some freedom as long as you don't make problems ?

Does having money help a lot to buy anything you want ?

I spent a short time in Thai jail. One thing I couldnt help but notice, because its hot and a lot of the guys sit around with no clothes on, is how many Thai guys have mutilated their penises, many had implanted stones and some had cut them up in very bazaar ways, no idea if they still worked but very common, at least among the criminal class. I began to suspect that thats why quite a few Thai women seem to prefer farang men.

Unless you're in for murder then you get to be alone in the dark.

I ate lunch one day when they were processing this young Burmese guy. He had strangied his wife for having an affair. I'll never forget the grin on his face as he told me.

Another guy covered in stitches and bruised up had been beaten up so he just came with his gun and bam bam shot him twice in the face.

Hardcore.

There's the know it alls but they don't know what its like in there. I do. I've done my time for wrongs. Finish. The point of this post was to say what a great in site into prison life it was. My Thai is really good and it was invaluable. Noooooo English in there with regard to the locals.

Seems like you would be better of playing the loner card and not knowing any thai. The prospects of fitting in would likely be pretty low for a foreigner. Not speaking from experience though.

Do you mean that we should add some metallic parts to our willies ?

I spent a short time in Thai jail. One thing I couldnt help but notice, because its hot and a lot of the guys sit around with no clothes on, is how many Thai guys have mutilated their penises, many had implanted stones and some had cut them up in very bazaar ways, no idea if they still worked but very common, at least among the criminal class. I began to suspect that thats why quite a few Thai women seem to prefer farang men.

Do you mean that we should add some metallic parts to our willies ?

makes no difference to me but if you want to fit in in a Thai prison it may help

Yes there were loads of guys with 2, 3 or even 4 stones implanted under their foreskin. Also injected with some kind of fat to make the thing bigger.

Money is everything anywhere especially in jail. There was a shop selling all kinds of bagged up curries and soups, fruit, noodles, cigs, toiletries etc. Each prisoner had an account and a max of 300b a day to spend.

I ate well but it was hassle getting in the shop. Big queues.

So crazy to be the only farang, piece of choice for gay :-)

Wow, still feel like you had to live something crazy there ! But it seems that you know that WHAT DOES NOT KILL YOU MAKE YOU STRONGER.

Yes its easy to quit weed unlike alcohol, just try not to fall too hard for the bottle, you seem a nice guy whatever some retarded monkeys on this forum can think about you. Too nice actually maybe... I think its usually better to scare the people, especially women, before they even think of making any problem, this is why I am always safe...

Do you have a some kind of probation ? now you feel that you have been lucky and should not try your chance again ?

I will have 2 years probation.

Get caught with the same again and I'd probably get 3 month sentence.

The choice for gays? Why?

It wasn't a western jail .

I'm 6'2 tattoos everywhere and lifted weights all day.

Some if the hardcases in there taught me to be scared of nobody. They were savage though with full head tattoos and yes, beads in the foreskin.