Is the new Pajero selling well?

fredob43

Just been to my local Big C they had a Mitsu display.

One being the new Pajero sport GT premium priced at only 1.45mil:

I asked how long for delivery reply if I wanted a silver one I could have it in a few days as have one in stock different colour a bit longer week or two.

Seems to me that they are not selling to well, but what do I know.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitsu 181 BHP. Explorer 197..Vast Power Difference.cheesy.gif

181 hp and 430nm torque versus 197hp and 470nm torque.

They aint even in the same race.

Must be selling really well though. Ive not seen a single one on the roads.

Maybe, but the pjs is faster to 100 than the everest, despite the deficit. None of them can be considered anywhere near fast though. I've only seen a couple of pjs on the roads so far; many more fortuners and everests about.

I have heard that they are selling well.

Very price competitive.

I don't know how you can call less than £900 price competitive when they only power it with a 2.4lt as against ford having 3.2lt lump + extras electric rear folding seats eg.

The Everest is also 500 kilograms heavier than the new Pajero and has an older engine. The new Pajero has far more the better performance than the Everest and the Fortuner.

But the Everest is far more heavier (plus 500 kilograms). The Pajero has the better power to weight ratio and therefor the better performance.

Well said, thats why a 120 Bhp Honda City pisses past 190 BhpTrucks, its all about BHP per Ton.

Mitsubishi took over 8,000 bookings for the new PJS back at the motor show in August, but it was always said deliveries wouldn't start until October.... We know they only managed to deliver a total of 8 cars in September, and we'll know how they did in October in another couple of weeks time.

Both Mitsubishi and Ford have a lot more bookings than deliveries - no one will truly know how well each of these two is doing until Q1'16 when they should have fulfilled their order backlogs, and the deliveries each month start representing current sales.

Based on my observations across Thailand, sales numbers are 1) Fortuner, 2) Pajero and 3) Everest. But I haven't seen the numbers yet. All good SUVs, price/value of the Pajero is quite compelling. I can't get used to the back lights though.

You must really get around ;)

Everyone talking about performance. Stop. Please. It's just embarrassing doing this when talking about 10 sec+ cars tongue.png

Talk about how they perform fully loaded with 7 people, luggage and towing a trailer - sure - that makes some sense.

Or, talk about which one would be able to pull the Titanic out of the Atlantic Ocean - OK, silly, but it makes more sense than talking about 0-100 times biggrin.png

Edited by IMHO

There are loads of new ones in Loei, very surprised to see so many, 1 or 2 fords and loads of fortuners. says it all really.

I don't get "Says it all"..

It says that people in Loei don't have the internet and can't make informed choices for themselves?

Maybe that the Ford/Mitsu dealers are too far for most people to travel to on a Kubota?

Or do you think that the Loei with <500 new cars sales/mth is somehow representative of Thailand as a whole? biggrin.png

What does it say about Chev and Isuzu entries in the segment, or have we all forgotten them?

Edited by IMHO

But the Everest is far more heavier (plus 500 kilograms). The Pajero has the better power to weight ratio and therefor the better performance.

Well said, thats why a 120 Bhp Honda City pisses past 190 BhpTrucks, its all about BHP per Ton.

Intelligent analysis on a motoring forum - wonders will never cease. clap2.gif

Ford - Fix Or Repair Daily.

Intelligent analysis on a motoring forum - wonders will never cease. clap2.gif

Ford - Fix Or Repair Daily.

Newsflash: Mitsubishi makes the Pajero Sport. Not Ford.

Based on my observations across Thailand, sales numbers are 1) Fortuner, 2) Pajero and 3) Everest. But I haven't seen the numbers yet. All good SUVs, price/value of the Pajero is quite compelling. I can't get used to the back lights though.

You must really get around ;)

well it's the same picture whether I'm in Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Phuket or Issan. Do you see many Everests on the road?

You must really get around wink.png

well it's the same picture whether I'm in Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Phuket or Issan. Do you see many Everests on the road?

I see plenty of Tuna's, a few EV's, 1 or 2 PJS's (probably only the one though) on the routes I travel.

At the temple event I was at this morning, there was 3 new EV's (not mine either - I took another car), 0 new Tuna's, 0 new PJS's... 2 new Camry's though wink.png

Edited by IMHO

181 hp and 430nm torque versus 197hp and 470nm torque.

They aint even in the same race.

Must be selling really well though. Ive not seen a single one on the roads.

Maybe, but the pjs is faster to 100 than the everest, despite the deficit. None of them can be considered anywhere near fast though. I've only seen a couple of pjs on the roads so far; many more fortuners and everests about.
After having tested both in fairness the everest a 3.2 it is to me hands down everest that comfortable walks away as a clear winner. Yes it is 500 kg heavier but not slower and feels very light at the steering wheel. Plus the extra weight eliminates the tin can feel you get from both the pj and new fortuner

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

After having tested both in fairness the everest a 3.2 it is to me hands down everest that comfortable walks away as a clear winner. Yes it is 500 kg heavier but not slower and feels very light at the steering wheel. Plus the extra weight eliminates the tin can feel you get from both the pj and new fortuner

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

Of course the EV beats them. It's practically in a different class - definitely in a different class if you listen to Ford AU, and the Aussie reviewers that rate it better than the Landcruiser Prado - 'Tuna's bigger, more sophisticated brother.

Ford's bad for confusing people and sharpening their pencil in TH to price it the same as the Tuna. The Mitsu is priced right.

There are loads of new ones in Loei, very surprised to see so many, 1 or 2 fords and loads of fortuners. says it all really.

I don't get "Says it all"..

It says that people in Loei don't have the internet and can't make informed choices for themselves?

Maybe that the Ford/Mitsu dealers are too far for most people to travel to on a Kubota?

Or do you think that the Loei with <500 new cars sales/mth is somehow representative of Thailand as a whole? biggrin.png

What does it say about Chev and Isuzu entries in the segment, or have we all forgotten them?

not at all, thai's do not like ford or chevrolet, why, service is so poor and parts are stupid expensive and they depreciate like a brick, and I agree with them local mitsubishi dealer is fantastic, ford dealer like most here is totally useless.