Is the new Pajero selling well?

fredob43

Based on my observations across Thailand, sales numbers are 1) Fortuner, 2) Pajero and 3) Everest. But I haven't seen the numbers yet. All good SUVs, price/value of the Pajero is quite compelling. I can't get used to the back lights though.

You must really get around wink.png

well it's the same picture whether I'm in Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Phuket or Issan. Do you see many Everests on the road?

I see plenty of Tuna's, a few EV's, 1 or 2 PJS's (probably only the one though) on the routes I travel.

At the temple event I was at this morning, there was 3 new EV's (not mine either - I took another car), 0 new Tuna's, 0 new PJS's... 2 new Camry's though wink.png

I'm now since more than a week in Bangkok for my business. I've seen a lot new Pajeros and Fortuners but only 2 Everests so far. Maybe it is because there are a lot bookings with little actual deliveries but I'd be really interested if anyone has some actual sales numbers to share. My guess is the Pajero is selling really well, much better than I thought.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now since more than a week in Bangkok for my business. I've seen a lot new Pajeros and Fortuners but only 2 Everests so far. Maybe it is because there are a lot bookings with little actual deliveries but I'd be really interested if anyone has some actual sales numbers to share. My guess is the Pajero is selling really well, much better than I thought.

The only figures that are published are deliveries - booking numbers only ever get out if one of them makes a PR.

• 2 weeks later...

From a press release yesterday:

Mitsubishi are saying they've received over 15,000 bookings from August to October for the new PJS, and last month alone they delivered 3,279 units (they only delivered 8 units in September though).

Mitsubishi are saying they've received over 15,000 bookings from August to October for the new PJS, and last month alone they delivered 3,279 units (they only delivered 8 units in September though).

Just 8 more than Ford then ....

What's the latest on prices next year... will bookings made this year, that are delivered next year, exempt from the additional tax?

Just 8 more than Ford then ....

What's the latest on prices next year... will bookings made this year, that are delivered next year, exempt from the additional tax?

So far, Mitsubishi have announced they will honor 2015 prices for any PJS bookings made this year / delivered next year, and Mazda have announced that the CX-3 is already priced based on 2016 taxes (at least that goes some way to explaining it's crazy prices).

So based on that, we can confidentiality expect it's all about delivery date as to what tax you pay.

That said, I think we can anticipate lots more manufacturers to use "rain check pricing" as a marketing tool in the upcoming Motor Expo - without it sales will fizz.

Edited by IMHO

Mitsu 181 BHP. Explorer 197..Vast Power Difference.cheesy.gif

But the Everest is far more heavier (plus 500 kilograms). The Pajero has the better power to weight ratio and therefor the better performance.

Blimey, you just had to go and confuse people with the important facts, didn't you!

In min buri I have seen more pjs over the last month than the Everest and tuner. Baring in mind the tuner was available a little time before, then it's is selling well.