Thailand only: Four year old twins ‘get married’ to help ward off evil spirits

rooster59

Just when you think you have just read the most stupidest

thing about Thailand,something pops up to beat it.never a

dull moment here. P.S. the little boy does not look very happy about it all.

regards Worgeordie

How do you defend the people believing that a guy got crucified and then came back from the dead and was the son of god ?

Sounds as stupid to me as this, it does not matter what religion you believe in its all stupid and unproven. You can't say this religion is less stupid as that one because they are all based on faith not facts.

Well, the kicker is that many folks who believed in your example no longer do so (aside from oddballs); I don't and neither do myriad others I know. The difference here is that this type of thing is taken as gospel (pardon the pun) by MOST of the natives. Cute on one hand but a bit sad and naive on the other; sort of 100 years behind some of the rest of the world sad. You should also worry that these people are sharing the road with you; lucky charms that they won't get killed through their dodgy driving notwithstanding.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good God almighty , has this country completely lost the place. This is 2015 not 1515 is it not ?

Forget good God.. its at least 95% Buddhist here so anyone trying to do the conversion thing is failing at an alarming rate much like teaching English.

Its actually 543 years ahead of the western calendar but you would never know it!![/size]

Western culture have many similar, or more bizarre, traditions. Check out the various Christian traditions, the C of E, Catholic, Mormon, Hamish etc. As for your critics on the time frame (543 years ahead etc etc), are you suggesting that the later of the large religious groups is more humane and more in touch with what we may deem the most correct way to live in the modern world..if that's your case, then Islam and it's modern followers is best. Personally I think not.

And who will be evil when the siblings have offspring with birth defects?

Do you really believe it's a true marriage in the sense they will be breeding; <deleted> they are babies and it's just a belief, how ever wacko it might be, arranged to scare off the spirits.

It's garbage like this that holds Thailand back....most of the population are insanely superstitious....including the leaders...!

..............and monks in attendance so condoned by the national religion........ Buddhism.

The Catholic Church would have stamped out this superstitious mumbo jumbo.........probably by burning them at the stake.....after torture, of course!

Buddhism it's not - not by any stretch of the imagination.

verging on child abuse, ridiculous.

Is that "child abuse" like threatening children with eternal hellfire if they don't believe EXACTLY what their parents believe?

No, that's Catholicism, allowable and practiced by many - so it must be ok.

And who will be evil when the siblings have offspring with birth defects?

How can anyone be as stupid and distasteful as to suggest that will happen? Why would this brother and sister have children? They went through a symbolic ceremony referred to as a "marriage" (in inverted commas, look it up if you don't know the significance of that), they were not married.

The Catholic Church would have stamped out this superstitious mumbo jumbo.........probably by burning them at the stake.....after torture, of course!

I very much doubt that, the Catholic church cannot even stamp out the rape of children by it's own bloody priests and the subsequent protection of those perverts.

"The children’s father said that he wanted to trick the evil spirits into thinking his children were a genuine couple rather than twin brother and sister, so that they would be free from bad luck."

Guess those evil spirits are a couple of bananas short of a bunch.

That's what I was thinking! = the only thing dumber than the parents are the spirits, which makes "sense" I guess because the spirits are of dead Thai People....or are they? I'm so confused.

Some people are clearly too stupid to be allowed to have children.

Yep, you better include christians in that statement. They too have the belief in all those spirit things.

TL

Really?

Christians believe that twins of the opposite sex were lovers in a previous life?

They believe 4 year olds should marry to fool evil spirits?

Can you direct me to the "Book of Dumbass Moron" (I'm guessing that's who wrote such idiotic nonsense) in the Bible, because despite my atheism I'd like to read that one.

I think that Trump wrote that book.

Yep, you better include christians in that statement. They too have the belief in all those spirit things.

TL

Really?

Christians believe that twins of the opposite sex were lovers in a previous life?

They believe 4 year olds should marry to fool evil spirits?

Can you direct me to the "Book of Dumbass Moron" (I'm guessing that's who wrote such idiotic nonsense) in the Bible, because despite my atheism I'd like to read that one.

I think that Trump wrote that book.

Actually, I think he's living it at present. The book will come out later to raise funds the next time he files for bankruptcy.

TL

Whether you believe it or not, Spirits exist.

l have experienced them.

Some good, some neutral & some not so good.

l don't care if you laugh,

l'm beyond worrying what other people think.

But they are real.

l think that we all have a spirit or life force within us that is released when the body dies.

Kirilian photography clearly shows this life force of all living things.

Good God almighty , has this country completely lost the place. This is 2015 not 1515 is it not ?

Forget good God.. its at least 95% Buddhist here so anyone trying to do the conversion thing is failing at an alarming rate much like teaching English.

Its actually 543 years ahead of the western calendar but you would never know it!!

Actually these followers of 'The Magic Man' are also Buddhists.

However the Magic stuff was here long before the Buddhists.

Same in Lao.