Need Taxi Info- Suvarnabhumi To Bkk And Pattaya ?

jetjock

Is the taxi procedure at the new airport about the same as Don Muang? Is there a taxi stand at outside International arrivals where we can get a metered taxi to BKK or Pattaya ? What is the approximate fare including airport surcharge to Sukhumvit area and what would approximate time be with light traffic? :o How about fare and time to Pattaya??

The answer my question is probably already somewhere is this forum but was unable to search it out so would appreciate any help as I will be arriving in about 10 days ...Thanks

I know I posted this earlier, but with no replies and at the risk of being redundant:

The question is: has anyone tried this at Suvarnabhumi? I know from the airport transport informational brochure that taxis are prohibited from picking up passengers after dropping off passengers at the departure level. I was hoping that enforcement of this was as "strict" as it was at DM.

I know I posted this earlier, but with no replies and at the risk of being redundant:

The question is: has anyone tried this at Suvarnabhumi? I know from the airport transport informational brochure that taxis are prohibited from picking up passengers after dropping off passengers at the departure level. I was hoping that enforcement of this was as "strict" as it was at DM.

I arrived on 4 Oct and caught a taxi from the departure level. They were queueing up and actively touting for fares. There was no surcharge. Great.

How about fare and time to Pattaya??

The answer my question is probably already somewhere is this forum but was unable to search it out so would appreciate any help as I will be arriving in about 10 days ...Thanks

My missus just did the trip both ways 1500 each way with the journey time varying from 1 and half to 2 and a half hours. .....traffic :o

My missus just did the trip both ways 1500 each way with the journey time varying from 1 and half to 2 and a half hours. .....traffic :o

I know its not much of a difference for us farangs, but 1500 baht sounds a bit expensive? The taxis are advertised for 1050 baht I believe, plus 50 baht for admin charge and the tolls are about 60 baht for the route 7? I reckon the published time of 1 hour to Pattaya is very hopeful. The fastest I have made this trip - driving myself is 1 hour 30 minutes and that was at 7 am and little/no traffic. The last trip took 2 hours.

my Thai gf arrived back at BKK one week ago she says the taxi drivers (at departures) asked her for 700 baht to Bangkapi so she paid 50baht at arrivals waited 5 mins and was charged 200 baht !so if you have plenty of money you can get a taxi 5 mins quicker at departures!! oh to win the

lottery :o

I know its not much of a difference for us farangs, but 1500 baht sounds a bit expensive? The taxis are advertised for 1050 baht I believe, plus 50 baht for admin charge and the tolls are about 60 baht for the route 7? I reckon the published time of 1 hour to Pattaya is very hopeful. The fastest I have made this trip - driving myself is 1 hour 30 minutes and that was at 7 am and little/no traffic. The last trip took 2 hours.

Is that advertised price of 1050 to Pattaya from the taxi rank ?

I got a car last Tuesday to pick me up from the travel agent I normally use and take me to Jomtien, at the same price as before 1.200 baht plust tolls.

I questioned the driver about the cost, since the new airport is a lot closer to Pattaya. He smiled and said "now a lot of traffic", which was true. Hopefully prices will go down after the works are finished.

For BKK: On arrival, just ignore the touts/louts upstairs offering overpriced taxis, and go downstairs and grab a metered taxi.

50 Baht airport surcharge (queue manager hands you a card), and the taxi fare to Pantip Plaza was 200 baht. Much better than the 800 baht I was quoted upstairs. (funny aside to this - when I expressed dismay at the high price, the guy dropped to 700 baht but refused to go any lower, citing "traffic jam" - as it was 5 p.m. - yet the metered taxi got us there with nary a traffic slowdown)

For Pattaya, I have a guy I always use. 1200 baht for private taxi (not metered) - he's based in Pattaya and will come fetch you up. Feel free to PM me for his number.