PM Prayut wishes to float away all evils on Loy Krathong day

webfact

VIDEO : PM wishes to float away all evils on Loy Krathong day

289-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha today wished that this year's Loy Krathong festival would "float" away all evils from the Thai societies and the country.

He made his wish before convening the weekly cabinet meeting after the minister of culture led a PR team to meet the prime minister to publicise the Loy Krathong festival.

In a statement to the team, Gen Prayut wished that all of evils in the Thai societies and the country would be floated away.

He also asked that all people help to create happiness to the country, to the Thais and that they should celebrate the event with awareness.

“Don’t enjoy too much, celebrate within the scope of law, and don’t make trouble to others,” he said.

He said authorities would have to work harder on the day to ensure safety for people.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/289-wpcf_728x409.jpg

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-11-17

Oh I wish Spitting Image would appear in Thailand. Can you imagine what fun they would have with the "float away" statement !!!

Wasn't there a similar political satire show here a few years ago?

Spitting image worked so well because everyone [in the UK] is considered 'fair game' no matter how lofty their status, also we have a long history, through Pope, Hogarth, Thackeray etc of making fun of the 'establishment' and of being able to laugh at ourselves and our culture.

Oh I wish Spitting Image would appear in Thailand. Can you imagine what fun they would have with the "float away" statement !!!

Wasn't there a similar political satire show here a few years ago?

Spitting image worked so well because everyone [in the UK] is considered 'fair game' no matter how lofty their status, also we have a long history, through Pope, Hogarth, Thackeray etc of making fun of the 'establishment' and of being able to laugh at ourselves and our culture.

Exactly the reason why it may take another century (being optimistic here) before its equivalent appears in Thailand. :>

Edited by kotsak

That's not the only thing they would have fun with. The source is strong in that one!

Discussing exactly that with a friend 2 days ago.

Just the thought of them having a go at the ptb was hilarious. The reaction,along with apoplectic fits of the third kind would be a joy to see.

Just the thought of them having a go at the ptb was hilarious. The reaction,along with apoplectic fits of the third kind would be a joy to see.

Just the thought was hilarious ?. You can't mean mean humorous hilarious so I assume you mean 'Why is that guy laughing so much : is there something wrong with him ?' hilarious.

Do you have any idea how they would send Yingluck up ?. Or Chalerm ?. Or Plodprasop ?. Or Thaksin ?.

If you can find just the thought of Prayuth to be funny, those 4 should have your sides split from top to bottom just by reading it.

Just the thought was hilarious ?. You can't mean mean humorous hilarious so I assume you mean 'Why is that guy laughing so much : is there something wrong with him ?' hilarious.

Do you have any idea how they would send Yingluck up ?. Or Chalerm ?. Or Plodprasop ?. Or Thaksin ?.

If you can find just the thought of Prayuth to be funny, those 4 should have your sides split from top to bottom just by reading it.

Great! Why not?

He also asked that all people help to create happiness to the country!

It’s about time he got someone else to do it, his attempts to date have been hopeless failures (as evidenced by the “Don’t enjoy too much” quip).

It’s a pity he couldn’t have taken delivery of one of those Chinese subs he's ordered, it could have been fitted out as an official krathong for the occasion.

post-209291-0-67269300-1447761024_thumb.

Edited by waldroj

• 2 weeks later...