Turkeys

trigpoint

Simple answer is there's not, the shortage rumour spreads so that the piece goes up.

Merry Christmas!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't deny it's a simple answer. Not sure if an absence of turkeys in many stores that usual sell them qualifies as spreading a rumor though or that that would make "the piece go up."

Been stories of Bird Flu in the USA and Thailand has restricted the import of Turkeys.

Saw a sign about this at MAKRO Hangdong today.

I bought a couple of Frozen BUTTERBALL Turkey Breasts at Rimping last week... Airport Store had a few left at the time.

No shortage here in the USA. Sales all over the place with one place advertising 77 cents a pound.

Expect sales are because the birds available are not of the normal demand size. And with possibility of further culls as flu spreads again you might want to take advantage now if you want turkey.

Been stories of Bird Flu in the USA and Thailand has restricted the import of Turkeys.

Saw a sign about this at MAKRO Hangdong today.

I bought a couple of Frozen BUTTERBALL Turkey Breasts at Rimping last week... Airport Store had a few left at the time.

maybe its down to a undercover investigation team at one of the main factory's in the us.that produce's the BB.RANGE.

bad staff practice's.

saw it on one of fox's broadcasts.CI. 2 weeks ago.

I have it on pretty good authority that the local big markets such as Foodland, Makro and Villa in Pattaya now have a new supply of whole frozen turkeys. Just in time for the holidays. One catch is the average per kilo price is about 450 B/ kg. I personally did not see them so if anyone can actually look in the frozen at these stores and tell me my "good authority" is wrong.

Edit: I don't live in Pattaya so I cannot go look myself.

I have it on pretty good authority that the local big markets such as Foodland, Makro and Villa in Pattaya now have a new supply of whole frozen turkeys. Just in time for the holidays. One catch is the average per kilo price is about 450 B/ kg. I personally did not see them so if anyone can actually look in the frozen at these stores and tell me my "good authority" is wrong.

I visited my local Foodland in BKK two days ago and they had NO turkeys (whole or breasts) out in their freezer section anywhere. When I checked with the store staff, they rooted around, and managed to find ONE frozen turkey back in the butcher's back freezer. The same market had turkeys out for sale a year ago.

I also visited the Central Chidlom main market a day ago, and they had ONE whole frozen turkey and maybe 10 frozen turkey breasts out in their freezer section -- priced 899 to 1399 baht per kilo for the frozen breasts. Bought the same brand frozen breast from the same market last year on sale in the week before Thanksgiving for 599 baht per kilo -- which was the same price at Villa at the time a year ago for the same item.

This year is definitely different.

BTW, I tried to check the original packing date on the frozen breast at Central Chidlom, but the market had put their own tag over the original brand tag in such a way that covered and made it impossible to determine the originate packing date.

Well only 3 more days for the elusive Thanksgiving frozen turkey hunt. I don't like turkey that much anyway. I think I'll buy and roast 2 whole fresh chickens from the local Tesco Express and make some gravy & mashed potatoes.

yep xmas coming so its goner be,a nice plump bird from home fresh,nice taste,reminds me of the oakham free range chicks from M&S.

i am sure there is a farm up here in issan that sells them.

nothing beats an issan bird with plump breasts.licklips.gif

The turkeys produced in Isaan are tough eating.

those issan birds must be DONE SLOWLY.with a small amount of alcohol to prolong the coking.burp.gif very tasty with the right amount of STUFFING.

Friendship super market in pattaya had a couple yesterday (22nd) , 2600 baht, 460B/kg. Only ones I,ve seen this year

Archived