Fiberglass pool costs

Nickthegreek

Hi,,

I have a small area that I am considering putting a plunge pool type thing into and, sized at around 6 m x 4 M x 1.5 metres deep. had a price of almost 500 k baht today which seemed a lot to Me for a fiberglass pool, so i did some phoning around and gained a price from a Thai company for the pool only @ 290 K baht for 6x4 and 220 for 6x3,, this still seems high to Me for such a small size, any comments advice ??

Thanks

What was included in the price?

If that included main pump, filter, return jets, skimmer, some lights or jacuzzi jets, and a control box (i.e. a kit, not just a shell) then it sounds about right.

Not much competition in Thailand.....

If you want a cheaper price, can wait, and don't worry about after sales service/warranty, import it from China using an Alibaba supplier.

Edited by IMHO

Thank s IMHO, yes that was including everything, just seems a lot when You can but a boat for around 200 k using the same amount approx with more fittings for that price; but as You mentioned little Competitor, maybe it's it's a new business opportunity.

Edited by Nickthegreek

maybe it's it's a new business opportunity.

Business opportunities only exist in under serviced markets...

I could be wrong, but my gut says it's an over-serviced, low-demand market, and as a result prices are high-ish to cover the downtime between jobs. Indeed, I think if you were able to find a vendor with extra-sharp prices, chances are they wouldn't be around to service the warranty.

• Like 1

I've met an expat who showed me photos of a fiberglass pool he imported from Australia, The price he mentioned, which I can not remember at this moment, seemed much more reasonable than what I spent with JD Pools in 2008. If I find his contact information on fiberglass pools I will post that information. I did observe a concrete bucket crane truck delivering ready mixed concrete to a traditional concrete and tiled swimming pool for a company run by a UK expat called isaan Pools in a Buriram Village home building project on Highway 2226 on this past Thursday. My wife admired the larger fiberglass spa tubs she viewed for the first time at the Khon Kaen Global House in 2013. In her opinion an above ground fiberglass smaller pool would be easier to clean than a larger in ground tiled swimming pool.

post-20604-0-69824800-1448073781_thumb.j

I saw the inner blanks advertised a few years ago and they were 1000 dollars each if You bought 10 !! size was 6 x 3

I can remember clearly who it was and they will remain nameless as that's the forum rules, but the same size today installed is 500K baht, so that a very nice margin,

What I fail to get and I have covered this on other topics is how the price in Issan can be 270 k baht for a concrete pool but around Pattaya that does not exist..so many people paying over the odds !!

Edited by Nickthegreek

• 4 weeks later...

Where are you going to find gunite/shotcrete in TH at reasonable prices though? ;)

That's a pretty big spanner in the plans. It would be great of you could, but the only vendors I've found charge absolutely silly prices for it. Defeats the purpose of DIY.

• 2 years later...

A 6 x 3 quality fiberglass pool will be anywhere from 450-600 depending on options, quality of equipment, ground conditions & where!. My business has made bread and butter fixing low quality pools here for the last 15 yrs. Be warned!! 

Hello,  I'm very new to this site and forum, however I personally as a builder and importer find 500K THB quite expensive *around $20,000 AUD. to me thats ASNZ Australian New Zealand standards prices for a 6Mx4Mx1.8M fibreglass pool either keyhole or kidney shaped complete with lights, skimmer, sand or salt water filtration system installed and warranted for 5 years. Again bare with me as I may be naive but my own and others I have both installed, supervised and supplied for DIY and other jobs came in at 250K THB and didnt use substandard glues or plumbing nor flawed pumps or electrical units. I would be quite suspicious on the quality and thickness of the fibreglass unit itself especially as you would have little recourse in the event of an issue. 200K or 500K its your money which ever way you choose to go. But I'd ask quite indepth questions not only of the products and services being offered or quoted but also the expertise, qualifications and experience.

Best Wishes

Olly

7 hours ago, ollyoz said:

Hello,  I'm very new to this site and forum, however I personally as a builder and importer find 500K THB quite expensive *around $20,000 AUD. to me thats ASNZ Australian New Zealand standards prices for a 6Mx4Mx1.8M fibreglass pool either keyhole or kidney shaped complete with lights, skimmer, sand or salt water filtration system installed and warranted for 5 years. Again bare with me as I may be naive but my own and others I have both installed, supervised and supplied for DIY and other jobs came in at 250K THB and didnt use substandard glues or plumbing nor flawed pumps or electrical units. I would be quite suspicious on the quality and thickness of the fibreglass unit itself especially as you would have little recourse in the event of an issue. 200K or 500K its your money which ever way you choose to go. But I'd ask quite indepth questions not only of the products and services being offered or quoted but also the expertise, qualifications and experience.

Best Wishes

Olly

Olly, I would love to see you get a pool by your guesstimates on the size that you quote for 250 K even DYI ! As I stated I have been in business here for 15 yrs in the industry and I have never heard of that sort of crazy pricing. Please tell me how it could be achieved!! The only way I see it is with an above ground pool set in the ground. If you have any depth of experience then you would be aware of the issue & ramifications in doing that!! With fiberglass pools, the factory I deal with is B.O.I. (Board of Investment with tax brakes) & Australian owned. His pricing is based on materials available & Thai labour plus profit. My pricing is on par with Thai's & westerners who have bought & copied his designs. All around the same pricing!  When I left Australia 15 yrs ago a small back yard pool El Cheapo was no less than AUD $45 K. (By the way we offer a 10 yr shell guarantee)!!

Quote from "Compass Pools Australia" The entry level point for professionally installed fibreglass pools typically sits between $25,000-$35,000 and can range anywhere up to $50,000 plus. I know what you are thinking; “that’s a pretty big range”. And you’re right, it is.

(So at 25 baht to the dollar it starts at approx 600K baht)

However these need to be taken into account!!

• Ease of access to supply and install the pool
  • Ground and soil conditions as well as slope of yard
  • The size and shape of the pool you have chosen
  • The way you set up your pool to suit your lifestyle (will you choose an in-floor circulation and cleaning system for example)
  • Any additional water features or lighting features you choose to enhance the look of your new in-ground pool
  • The quality of the product you choose, including the pool shell manufacturing technology

There are some fibreglass pool manufacturers who offer DIY kits for around $15,000-$20,000, (375 - 500 K baht) however, it is important before embarking on DIY that you also understand all the installation costs, including the hidden costs and associated risks of installing your own pool. Generally speaking, having your pool supplied and installed by a licensed pool builder is a much easier, safer and ultimately more cost-effective option.

Cheers

Edited by Bagwain

Best Wishes
Olly

Absolutely no way you could get anything of quality for 6000 baht per square meter which is what that size at your price works out to be. Sorry mate but your dreaming.
Maybe your thinking about a kiddy inflatable pool [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1