Prayuth Asks Kanchanaburi to Tone Down River Disco Parties

Jonathan Fairfield

These disco boats are a disaster. Loud music, often hip hop till whole night till 6 am... Also horrendus are the engines of long tail boats without proper exhaust going through the national park... Forget about a quiet week end in Saï Yok national park or Kanchanaburi... It's like a truck going over your raft guesthouse, from morning tI'll evening. For me Kanchanaburi is of the list. It has been hijacked by selfish noise makers. Never again!

What a pity.

Exactly!

We booked a nice riverside hotel in kanchanaburi and it was a disaster because of those partyboats. They are very very loud and they have far too many of them.

Every minute another one passed by, what a hell.

My wife and I visited friends living on the river and the noise is incredible,rafts stacked with speaker boxes people screaming and yelling coming down the river all night to early morning.

Her friends have to have two houses one by the river and had to build another a kilometre back that they can sleep in.They were saying local people and conservationists have been complaining for many years about the excessive noise and the dumping of all trash, bottles and untreated sewage into the river.

Of coarse you can't fight the local leaders and politicians.

My wife and I visited friends living on the river and the noise is incredible,rafts stacked with speaker boxes people screaming and yelling coming down the river all night to early morning.

Her friends have to have two houses one by the river and had to build another a kilometre back that they can sleep in.They were saying local people and conservationists have been complaining for many years about the excessive noise and the dumping of all trash, bottles and untreated sewage into the river.

Of coarse you can't fight the local leaders and politicians.

Kancha is easy: During the day, one goes to the river. At night one takes residence in one of the many Guest-Houses along Mae Nam Road. (The Farang Mile). Noise pollution from the river is negligible. Less loud music but more "constructive action" than on any boat.

Also works out better for Farang "coffin dodgers" as compared to the river spectacle.

Cheers.

Kancha is easy: During the day, one goes to the river. At night one takes residence in one of the many Guest-Houses along Mae Nam Road. (The Farang Mile). Noise pollution from the river is negligible. Less loud music but more "constructive action" than on any boat.

Also works out better for Farang "coffin dodgers" as compared to the river spectacle.

Cheers.

Correction: it's Mae Nam Kwae Road.

Well,well. A Thai complaining about noise. A first for everything.

This is part of the problem, THAI's will not complain or confront. I love the Disco rafts but the music is supposed to stop at a 11pm and it does not.

The last time I went with our village we were parked beside a raft with families aboard. We turned our music down at around 9.30pm and off at 11.00 ish

The raft on the other side of the family kept going and I went and complained at 11.30. They then moved to the other side of the river and kept the noise level high all night.

The people on the family raft thanked me for confronting the ignorant gits making the noise.

WHY is there not a patrol on the river policing the noise. They could charge the raft owners a few baht to cover the cost.

Well,well. A Thai complaining about noise. A first for everything.

It appears this particular Thai is complaining about the tourists, read farang, who visit these boats, not the Thais who own and operate them. As per.

He expected resistance from visitors to these places who only think of their joys and happiness.

These disco boats are a disaster. Loud music, often hip hop till whole night till 6 am... Also horrendus are the engines of long tail boats without proper exhaust going through the national park... Forget about a quiet week end in Saï Yok national park or Kanchanaburi... It's like a truck going over your raft guesthouse, from morning tI'll evening. For me Kanchanaburi is of the list. It has been hijacked by selfish noise makers. Never again!

What a pity.

Can you pls tell what type of crowd it attracts?

70s music well the teens that listened to that are now senior citizens but hip hop and it can rage from anyone from say their teens to even 40s and it is unlikely anyone older than 50 would have any inkling to hip hop of today from whatever they listened in their youth so just curious does it just attract oldies?