New Visa No Job

Hi

I currently have a triple entry tourist visa which im 1 entry down in.

I am a UK passport holder and have a few questions if you could help me.

Under the new multi entry visa, im assuming i am right in thinking i have to return to the uk to obtain. My question is this, it states on the list of requirements that you have to have a set amount of money in bank and a job.

I have been in Thailand for coming up to 2 years and therefore have no UK job. Does anyone k ow how strict they are on these rules and/or if they are being enforeced?

Does anybody have any help or suggestions with this?

If you aint got money don't come is the lowdown on the new rules.

someone can have a revenue without a job...

Where do you see the word job in my post ?

TOURIST VISA WITH MULTIPLE ENTRIES

COPIES OF LATEST 6 MONTHS BANK STATEMENTS SHOWING MINIMUM OF £5,000 CONTINUOUSLY BANK STATEMENTS MUST SHOW APPLICANT'S NAME AND ADDRESS

COPY OF CONFIRMED RETURN OR ONWARD AIR TICKET WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF ENTERING THAILAND COPY OF CONFIRMED RESERVATION AT A HOTEL

or

IF STAYING WITH RELATIVES/FRIENDS, COPY OF UTILITY BILL SHOWING THEIR NAME & ADDRESS IN THAILAND

LETTER FROM EMPLOYER STATING HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED AND THAT THEY ARE AWARE YOU ARE GOING TO THAILAND FOR UP TO 6 MONTHS

or

IF SELF EMPLOYED, PHOTOCOPY OF LATEST SUBMITTED HMRC SA100 SELF EMPLOYED TAX

Edited by Brit_Doggie

In Italy, precisely in Naples, a friend of mine just got it presenting an income tax return, he's jobless.

If 100% confirmed, it would be great if you could post everything he was asked to present to the METV thread.

As said the income tax return, an hotel booking for at least 2 nights, return flight at 6 months and of course the 6000 euros. They accept also the equivalent in baht on a Thai bank account.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

COPIES OF LATEST 6 MONTHS BANK STATEMENTS SHOWING MINIMUM OF £5,000 CONTINUOUSLY BANK STATEMENTS MUST SHOW APPLICANT'S NAME AND ADDRESS

COPY OF CONFIRMED RETURN OR ONWARD AIR TICKET WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF ENTERING THAILAND COPY OF CONFIRMED RESERVATION AT A HOTEL

or

IF STAYING WITH RELATIVES/FRIENDS, COPY OF UTILITY BILL SHOWING THEIR NAME & ADDRESS IN THAILAND

LETTER FROM EMPLOYER STATING HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED AND THAT THEY ARE AWARE YOU ARE GOING TO THAILAND FOR UP TO 6 MONTHS

or

First of l dunno why you are using capital letters, I find that impolite since it's like screaming, secondly, judging from what you wrote, you've assume THAT the OP ain't got no money... Maybe I misinterpreted it.

or

or

First of l dunno why you are using capital letters, I find that impolite since it's like screaming, secondly, judging from what you wrote, you've assume THAT the OP ain't got no money... Maybe I misinterpreted it.

my post was a copy of a similar thread which obviously was in caps not my doing, which I copied for the purpose to send to a friend who is arriving in January.

To Assume is also impolite Amen.

this new visa thing is very confusing to me.

i am self employed and used to spend winters in thailand. i was considering spending 3 months here starting from december 1.

i usually fly in take a one month tourist visa and fly out for a little holiday at the end of each month and get a new vidsa when i return.

Is this still possible?

this new visa thing is very confusing to me.

i am self employed and used to spend winters in thailand. i was considering spending 3 months here starting from december 1.

i usually fly in take a one month tourist visa and fly out for a little holiday at the end of each month and get a new vidsa when i return.

Is this still possible?

If you don't want to deal with the qualifications for the METV, you could use Visa-Exempts, as you describe using previously, or get a Single-Entry Tourist Visa (SETV) for 1000 Baht at your local Thai Consulate. This does not require the crazy-list as listed for the new METV.

Do keep in mind, that you can add 30-days to either a VisaExempt entry, or a 60-day SETV. You can visit Immigration in-country and pay 1900 Baht for that extension.

So you could stay here the a 90 days without leaving on a SETV, or stay for 60 on your first VisaExempt, then do one more out/in for the remainder. If you have been out of Thailand for 9 months, you should not have a problem with 2 VisaExempts by air - though a few land-borders could be troublesome.

Your desired schedule to visit other nations nearby would determine the best choice.

Edited by JackThompson