Head human trafficking investigator rumored to be fleeing Thailand

webfact

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The country is steadily unraveling.

Time is a healer. Twenty years of reform to go. Los keep smiling, it's the little people that make Thailand great, son,t worry and carry on with your lives. To much speculation will only make you sad. Leave it up to them to sort themselves out.

I reckon the latest ex general who has run away is probably slightly less white than white!!

He spent a career working/skiving in the Thai forces and reached high office so he is probably not necessarily a beacon of truth and honesty

That said I am all for poacher turned game keeper and I am sure this latest squirter has a few tales to tell in order to keep himself safe or deflect the blame

Actually, on reflection how do you spend 20 or 30 years swimming in shit and not start to smell of it......

Edited by mark131v

There has been one or two "defend at all costs" juntas fan boys in here but even they conceded this is fishy. The most hardcore ones haven't made an appearance in here (or the facebook arrest story) yet. Ho Hum.

This cop was getting right to the dirty rotten core, to close. A positive is that he and his family should be safe down under and I'm willing to bet some of the Australian media will be VERY interested in this story.

This answers my questions about why nothing seems to be happening, in regard to the horrific problems of slave labor on the fishing fleets. Why are we not seeing any high profile arrests? An arrest is made, and this guy is threatened.

The way to respond to this, is to dismantle the insect traffickers entire organization. From the top to the bottom. Lock up every single soldier, henchman, boat captain, and burn the entire fleet of boats. Then make sure the top guy gets 25 years in prison, and his entire fortune is seized. Are they serious, or are they just responding to international criticism? Well, as is usually the case, it is most definitely the latter.

Serious, is a description that is difficult to use, with regard to this current group of charlatans.

Edited by spidermike007

I honestly think Thailand is heading for anarchy. The military government need to take control. Bring the army in to replace the ineffective police. Bring in curfews & stop the criminals from threatening people. Bring law & order to this lawless society!

Hang em High! Where is anonymous when you need them? "Single Gateway" coming soon? And they will take you away at night for "liking" Facebook posts.

Take them down and let the hacking begin. If you know history the only way to bring this down is ANARCHY, How have all or most other countries ever brought down the Families that have treated them as serfdom for centuries...?

...Are they serious, or are they just responding to international criticism? Well, as is usually the case, it is most definitely the latter.

do you really need to ask that Question ?

All they are afraid of is Sanctions and they are slow to come so far but i do think now they will come.

Slapping the EP like they did over the invitation on the former PM is for sure a good way to make some people that CAN decide stuff like that very pissed and now they do have a context to act that doesnt look like revenge and i expect them to take that

The way to respond to this, is to dismantle the insect traffickers entire organization.

But then... there wouldn't probably be anyone left to run the country :)

To clear this and the corruption associated to it, you would need the US army to invade Thailand and arrest them all: would be an interesting variation of a coup hehe...

I hope the guy has some files with him and that he will blow it all opened... :)

The way to respond to this, is to dismantle the insect traffickers entire organization.

But then... there wouldn't probably be anyone left to run the country smile.png

To clear this and the corruption associated to it, you would need the US army to invade Thailand and arrest them all: would be an interesting variation of a coup hehe...

I hope the guy has some files with him and that he will blow it all opened... smile.png

Yes, pressure from outside forces, such as this guy whistle blowing to the international media, would put some pressure on the establishment here. Not sure if it would result in any changes, but if changes ever do happen here, it will only be due to a massive amount of egg on their faces, and tremendous humiliation from outside the country. It will NEVER happen from within. It will never happen because it is the right thing to do. It will never happen due to nobility, ethics, morality, or a compulsion to fix things, and makes things better. Regardless, of the amount of jawboning about making things better, and fixing things. That is meant for the consumption by people who take things at face value, and believe it, because they saw it on TV, or read it in the paper. Believe your government at your own peril. Any government. All governments are dishonest.

"Thai police are considering a defamation case against a former officer tasked with investigating human trafficking who says he fled for his life after he found senior figures in the military and police were involved in the trade."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/11/thailand-considers-defamation-case-against-human-trafficking-investigator

"Thai police are considering a defamation case against a former officer tasked with investigating human trafficking who says he fled for his life after he found senior figures in the military and police were involved in the trade."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/11/thailand-considers-defamation-case-against-human-trafficking-investigator

Good, the more noise and threats made by the powers that be in Thailand the stronger his case for asylum in Australia and the more interest shown in what he has to say.

Defamation. Holy crap. Our cover was blown by this guy. We were outed. We can't let that happen. Please shut him up.

Of course senior military and police are involved. How else would a massive amount of human trafficking be taking place? It is a boil on the face of Thailand. And it is absolute evidence that what we have been hearing is pure jawboning, without intent. The worst kind of cheap talk.

"Phil Robertson, deputy director of the Asia division of Human Rights Watch, told Guardian Australia that Paween was an “honest, no nonsense and experienced investigator”.

“Evidently this time his investigation got too close to some powerful people."

It is only possible to tell the truth about corruption in Thailand from abroad. I hope he will keep this issue in the International spotlight.

So instead of saying. You know what? We really need to look at ourselves and clear out the scum. Top to bottom.

Instead they're gonna attempt so sue him.

Do these people have any self awareness?

Oh they have plenty of self awareness, it's morals they're lacking. Edited by MZurf

There is significant detail associated with this issue, and the defamation talk is a ploy from high to distract from the truth. Here is an informative release from one of the rights groups that have been involved.

http://us10.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f15b18127e37f74088063b773&id=a1bebe46fd

This is an extremely damning report. Just noting the amount of money made answers any questions as to how some became so obscenely wealthy. It also appears from Paween's remark “There are many examples of police who were killed in the Deep South, and I don’t want to follow that path.” that potential whistle blowers on any investigation are routinely transferred to the South to shut them up. I do however know of one notoriously corrupt police captain on Phuket who was transferred to Yala after having been robbing the island blind for many years and unfortunately survived to be brought back. Not far enough South? dry.png

Anyway, I hope this story isn't allowed to be buried here in Thailand. Although I'm sure the Rest Of The World won't allow them to forget. Good. Disgusting little country.

First I thought the corruption was okay, a little tea-money for hard done civil servants in a country still developing is quite normal, only using that to subvert the law is wrong.

Then it started becoming apparent that there is more to the corruption, the top CID guy and his cronies were ferreted out, which was good, but the scale of their corrupt enterprise shocked everyone. Still, 'the' rotten apple had been found.

Now more examples start appearing but these are denied and dodged by the 'government' and it appears there are more rotten apples: sadly it starts to look as though the entire basket is rotten.

Considering the recent park allegations - there is no police involvement but the entire project appears to be corrupt; so the 'fixers' appear to be dirty themselves. sad.png

The B2 case has been a good example of the moral state of the courts - December 24th will most likely see a guilty verdict in the face of overwhelming evidence a local 'clan' was responsible for the brutal murder of two UK nationals. It would be most interesting to know to what extent the same group is involved in drugs and other trafficking, but that could never come out...

This country is slowly being revealed as a rogue state, owned by criminal enterprise - hopefully this will be addressed soon by international pressure. Their neighbors are moving forward at a steady pace, while Thailand wallows in their own corrupt slop, trying very hard to maintain status quo. crying.gif

First I thought the corruption was okay, a little tea-money for hard done civil servants in a country still developing is quite normal, only using that to subvert the law is wrong.

Then it started becoming apparent that there is more to the corruption, the top CID guy and his cronies were ferreted out, which was good, but the scale of their corrupt enterprise shocked everyone. Still, 'the' rotten apple had been found.

Now more examples start appearing but these are denied and dodged by the 'government' and it appears there are more rotten apples: sadly it starts to look as though the entire basket is rotten.

Considering the recent park allegations - there is no police involvement but the entire project appears to be corrupt; so the 'fixers' appear to be dirty themselves. sad.png

The B2 case has been a good example of the moral state of the courts - December 24th will most likely see a guilty verdict in the face of overwhelming evidence a local 'clan' was responsible for the brutal murder of two UK nationals. It would be most interesting to know to what extent the same group is involved in drugs and other trafficking, but that could never come out...

This country is slowly being revealed as a rogue state, owned by criminal enterprise - hopefully this will be addressed soon by international pressure. Their neighbors are moving forward at a steady pace, while Thailand wallows in their own corrupt slop, trying very hard to maintain status quo. crying.gif

Now more examples start appearing but these are denied and dodged by the 'government' and it appears there are more rotten apples: sadly it starts to look as though the entire basket orchard is rotten.thumbsup.gif