'Deceased' death row grandma found alive and well

webfact

Strange justice system here I think.

Is there any other place in the world where someone who is convicted of murder, sentenced to death and placed in death row is allowed to pay bail and walk out? Were they going to let her hang around her house until the call call came to report for her death?

Also, I didn't see anything about what charges the daughter faces for making a false report of her death to deceive the system.

• 2 weeks later...

Strange justice system here I think.

Is there any other place in the world where someone who is convicted of murder, sentenced to death and placed in death row is allowed to pay bail and walk out? Were they going to let her hang around her house until the call call came to report for her death?

Also, I didn't see anything about what charges the daughter faces for making a false report of her death to deceive the system.

Yes, it's called sakdina. Google it. One's status (of which wealth is one aspect) determines how one is treated by the justice system at every stage of the process.

It is justified by a vague association with how much merit was accumulated in the previous life.

It can be categorised as an extremely reactionary political tool, preventing meritocratic social mobility and maintaining inequitable power and wealth distribution.