Selective Phone Ringing Based On Caller

gk10002000

I know how to set ringtones and volume for specific callers. What I would like is a way for me to be able to be woken up or have my phone ring ONLY if certain people call. I don't leave my phone on at night because of the random telemarketers, wrong numbers, etc. that call in and would wake me. But there are certain numbers I want to always accept.

It depends on the phone you have. I have a Samsung Galaxy S Duos and it has a "blocking mode" feature where it can block all calls & notifications except for those numbers on an "allowed call list" which you specify. It can block for a pre-defined time period which you can set.

Edited by mxyzptlk

Thanks for the hint.

Just checked: I have another Samsung Android with the same feature.

Haven't gone into such details until now, but quite interesting, as I usually simply switch off during the night when at home with the "loved ones".

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thanks for the hint.

Just checked: I have another Samsung Android with the same feature.

Haven't gone into such details until now, but quite interesting, as I usually simply switch off during the night when at home with the "loved ones".

Similar to what I do.

I don't use the "blocking mode" feature...I switch to silent mode and don't take the phone into the bedroom when I go to bed.