Ikea is coming to Phuket

webfact

Ikea is coming to Phuket

ikea-phuket-thailand-550x367.jpg

PHUKET: -- Ikea will by the end of November open a pickup and order shop in Phuket which will allow customers to shop online or at “real” Ikea store and then later pick up their products closer to home.

The concept has been tested in Canada, where there are already four IKEA pickup and order points. The shop in Phuket wil, however, be the first in Asia.

Pickup and order points allow Ikea to expand very quickly into new markets that have been identified as having a huge potential. It is also a response to the fact that there are about three times as many people who visit the website of IKEA than who actually visits a store.

The one-storey building of IKEA Pick Up, an area of 2000 sq.m. and parking of 2,400 sq.m. will be located on Bypass Road next door to Central Festival Phuket, Big C, Tesco Lotus. The project is scheduled for completion on Friday, 27 November at 10:00 am., at the bypass Biz Town, Phuket.

Source: http://scandasia.com/ikea-is-coming-to-phuket/

sca.jpeg
-- (c) Copyright Scandasia 2015-11-19

That explains why someone was bringing around Ikea folders around in the neighborhood (close to bypass road).

It's actually a pretty smart idea, while many people do still enjoy the in store shopping experience (myself included) many others nowadays simply want to to click, purchase and pick up (or be delivered).

They're moving with the times, it's a different environment nowadays.

Always beautiful on style. But it is never meant to last. So it is no good for a family with kids. Walked into 1 of their stores once had a look around never bought anything and would not consider doing so. Everything seemed too fragile.

You must have some wild kids !

We furnished my sons room using Ikea products and nothing broke !

Not sure about clicking and purchasing, which should be the norm in 2015.

The brochure which arrived yesterday makes no mention at all of ordering online. There's no online ordering facility on the website. It seems as though you physically have to go to the store to order and then come back five days later to pick up. And there's a 200 baht fee per order for the privilege.

That's not what I expected from a company like Ikea but they must have their reasons.

If I've got this wrong please post here together with a link to where you can order.