Farangs need to cope better!

WaiLai

Sooooo, you finally got to Thailand and suddenly your sense of order, right and wrong and purpose have been challenged!

Then you discover TV and other forums!

You are locked into debating the pros and cons of another country's culture and norms of behaviour. You get feedback and you are in the "intelligentsia loop".

My thai gf asks me"why do farangs get so angry? why do they care? it is not their country... it is mine! - I can live here - I know exactly what is happening politically and criminally!"

...and i answer " they haven't found a thai gf yet!"

Stop Thai bashing!

You are a guest of the host country. Nothing more.

Be happy that you are still alive after that trip from the airport to your accomodation!

Edited by WaiLai

Posts removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

We have money so we are more important. gigglem.gif

Without us Pattaya would be a rice paddy. bah.gif

Thai womanz can just button their lip and pay homage to great white farang. wai2.gif

No more Mr. Nice Guy on ya knees bitch...555 wub.pngcheesy.gif

27 days to go and I will be in Disneyland and this time I'm taking the biggest war chest with me.

Serious money and I'm gonna blow the lot and the lot giggle.gif is gonna return the favour.

No more teelaks for this dipstick No Sir I'm on a mission.

I have learnt my lesson.

Who is the bloody boss. ME. thumbsup.gif

I am Australian, I am rich ,I am a godsend to Thai tourism.

Me get mao and become a loud mouth opinioniated Aussie Ocker.thumbsup.gif

Cheers folks.laugh.png

Edited by Gordy Gambino

If you are a guest here, good for you. Some of us live here, and wherever anyone lives they are free to both praise the good things and complain about the bad. Your girlfriend sounds as simple as you are. I'm sure you are both very happy. It's clearly a troll post anyway, but 5/10 for trying.

If you are a guest here, good for you. Some of us live here, and wherever anyone lives they are free to both praise the good things and complain about the bad. Your girlfriend sounds as simple as you are. I'm sure you are both very happy. It's clearly a troll post anyway, but 5/10 for trying.

Yes, I live here as well.

Perhaps you are telling us that you have been granted Thai citizenship and with that comes the freedom to both praise the good things and complain about the bad? (a bit tricky in this political climate isn't it?)

Without citizenship anyone else is a guest in any country in the world.

Perhaps you are telling us that you have been granted Thai citizenship and with that comes the freedom to both praise the good things and complain about the bad? (a bit tricky in this political climate isn't it?)

The right to praise good things and complain about bad comes from having a mind and the disposition to use it.

Telling people they're not allowed to notice something, be it to praise or otherwise, is as an infantile and insecure as screaming "shut up!"

Edited by BudRight

We have a right to be angry, Thais should try it sometimes. They should be angry about Illegal coups, the carnage on the roads, the inadequate education system, censorship of the media and internet, less then half a percent owning over 50 percent of the wealth, LM, corruption and the ongoing insurgency in the south. The mai pen rai don't think too much attitude does snot seem to be improving things does it.

Edited by jacky54

Sooooo, you finally got to Thailand and suddenly your sense of order, right and wrong and purpose have been challenged!

Then you discover TV and other forums!

You are locked into debating the pros and cons of another country's culture and norms of behaviour. You get feedback and you are in the "intelligentsia loop".

My thai gf asks me"why do farangs get so angry? why do they care? it is not their country... it is mine! - I can live here - I know exactly what is happening politically and criminally!"

...and i answer " they haven't found a thai gf yet!"

Stop Thai bashing!

You are a guest of the host country. Nothing more.

Be happy that you are still alive after that trip from the airport to your accomodation!

Wow OP, it look's like you found the only Thai girl that knows exactly what happens in this country.

Does she learns this from the Thai soaps?

My thai gf asks me"why do farangs get so angry? why do they care? it is not their country... it is mine!

First off there is no way that a Thai woman said this. It is 100% just a made up statement by the OP. It does not make logical sense in any shape or form.

Secondly, since when is citizenship a requirement for have a feeling or reaction to any situation? Truly a bizarre statement and point of view.

i always smile when thais comment on foreigners' anger. i see far more public displays of anger in this country then anywhere else i have lived. interestingly the root cause of their anger is usually either money or love.

Add losing face for the poor immature souls

We have a right to be angry, Thais should try it sometimes. They should be angry about Illegal coups, the carnage on the roads, the inadequate education system, censorship of the media and internet, less then half a percent owning over 50 percent of the wealth, LM, corruption and the ongoing insurgency in the south. The mai pen rai don't think too much attitude does snot seem to be improving things does it.

Good post, I can't change things... doesn't mean I have to change into a moron with no feelings for what I see and hear.

I'm guessing that the ones that had a hard time coping at wherever they came from find it more perplexing here.....Believe in western countries around 90% of the prescribed drugs are anxiety related....Not to mention

the "self" medicating....

We'd do well to learn how to be a little less full of ourselves at times.....

Coping here does take interest and patience as we bump along....Getting upset or angry except in crisis situations makes US look bad and perplexes the Thais.....Life in Thailand can be as easy going as you decide to let it be.....

Or as stressful as you want it to be.....

Some feel helpless being stressed - some feel empowered by the result of it.....Either way it's not healthy for anyone.....The givers or the receivers.....

And it is an inherently alien concept for most Thais....

Edited by pgrahmm

I've always said living in Thailand for many is similar to a drug addiction. The first high is so good, then it gets routine. Yet we still chase the dragon. There's also something to be said for wanting it to be a better place. But if that addiction wasn't there, one would probably give up and go elsewhere.

Thanks for putting me right.

What do you mean "the Thais should try it some time"?

You think they aren't livid about list of things you reeled off and more?

Maybe you should try to be a little less patronising.

Thais don't need YOU or any other foreigner to tell them what's imperfect about their country

Edited by Cypress Hill

Oh, there's a surprise, its another 'stop Thai bashing thread'.

Rather than trotting out the same old dull platitudes, the OP might better spend his time enquiring into how it is his Thai g/f knows so many 'farangs' that she can come to such a clear and unequivocal conclusion.

Or he could tell us who these Thai bashers are, rather than waiving a finger in the air and pointing in every direction other than one that can be identified.

Oh, there's a surprise, its another 'stop Thai bashing thread'.

Rather than trotting out the same old dull platitudes, the OP might better spend his time enquiring into how it is his Thai g/f knows so many 'farangs' that she can come to such a clear and unequivocal conclusion.

Or he could tell us who these Thai bashers are, rather than waiving a finger in the air and pointing in every direction other than one that can be identified.

So by inquiring to his Thai gf, you mean he will ask himself why he made up the words that "his Thai gf" said?

But back to your point, I agree that it is a bit odd that she would know so much about farangs. I am a farang, and if i didnt read Thai Visa I would have no clue that so many farangs are angry here. And that is a bit odd considering I live in a place which has a high concentration of farangs.

Edited by 1BADDAT

We have money so we are more important. gigglem.gif

Without us Pattaya would be a rice paddy. bah.gif

Thai womanz can just button their lip and pay homage to great white farang. wai2.gif

No more Mr. Nice Guy on ya knees bitch...555 wub.pngcheesy.gif

27 days to go and I will be in Disneyland and this time I'm taking the biggest war chest with me.

Serious money and I'm gonna blow the lot and the lot giggle.gif is gonna return the favour.

No more teelaks for this dipstick No Sir I'm on a mission.

I have learnt my lesson.

Who is the bloody boss. ME. thumbsup.gif

I am Australian, I am rich ,I am a godsend to Thai tourism.

Gady mate, Could you just let me know when your departing so I can go back out and again.

What do you mean "the Thais should try it some time"?

You think they aren't livid about list of things you reeled off and more?

Maybe you should try to be a little less patronising.

Thais don't need YOU or any other foreigner to tell them what's imperfect about their country

Nobody has said "they" need "us" to tell them what's wrong with their country, only that Thailand might be a better place if Thais did something about the things you claim bother them - and that doesn't mean wearing a colored shirt and waving hand clappers.

Truth can stand on it's own merits and falsehood withers. That's the power of reason and debate - enforced silence is contemptible, the bastion of the liar and the tyrant.

Farangs need to cope better, you say? Look at my profile photo! All things considered, I cope very well, in the Land of wai2.gif. That being said, I'll add a few words of advice, given to me by another American brother, who speaks

imbeccable Thai, according to Thais. He said, " the best compliment a Thaiguy can pay to you, is to totally ignore your existence. No notice, from a Thaiguy, no problems, from a Thaiguy. Just keep a stupid smile on your face,

for everybody. And continue to ignore the subtle insults you get, from all the Negrophobes, you'll walk pass-by, in the The Land of Smiles. And, whenever a Thai asks, do-you-speak-Thai? , just nod your head wai.gifnce, and

then show the Thai baht, coming from your farang pocket. All Thais understand the language of the baht."

So, the best way, for the falang to consistently "cope better", is to keep all contacts with Thai people, soft, strictly business, and respectfully distant wai.gif.

Aside from your ATM bankcard, If you need to have a real "live" loyal friend, then buy a dog! These are the best farang coping methodologies, I've ever seen, working well in Thailand. Cheers!coffee1.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen