Two Caddies killed in hit-and-run road crash in East Pattaya

webfact

Two Caddies killed in hit-and-run road crash in East Pattaya

crash-14.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Two Caddies who were on their way home after a day a work, were killed as their motorbike was rear-ended by an 18-wheel truck which failed to stop at the scene of the crash.

Police and rescue services made their way to the crash site on the Pattaya-bound carriageway of Highway 36, in front of the Bira International Racing Circuit, just after 2pm on Thursday.

Khun Sawiga aged 18 and Khun Jintana aged 19 suffered severe life-ending trauma which included traumatic amputation of limbs after the truck reportedly drove over the pair and then drove-off, according to witnesses.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/219166/two-caddies-killed-in-hit-and-run-road-crash-in-east-pattaya/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-20

Most of These HGV drivers have a total disregard and disrespect for other drivers....

I drove to Rayong on the 36 road this week and it was a nightmare.......as well as being in terrible condition

HGV drivers are not content with destroying the inner lanes, they have to do the same to the overtaking lane also....

To rear end a bike certainly means he was not giving "full" attention to his driving

Now two youngsters lives have come to an end.....and their families lives are changed for good

I hope he is proud of himself..... gets locked up and the keys thrown away

RIP youngsters

Edited by DD13

.............sick........

...and devastating to the families of the victims....

...a hard day's work....a difficult life.....and then mowed down like that.....

...please catch that scumball.....

That 36 is a nightmare, particularly that stretch before the motor racing circuit. I travel it 3 times a week and there is resurfacing taking place, with loads of dust and swerving traffic.

Those poor girls!. Like another poster, I think they would not be from SCC as they would be travelling the wrong way back.

I dont know where all these trucks are coming or going, but for the last couple months, they have been racing around Maphrachan lake, and down to Pong. I have been waiting for some thing like this to happen. They are always tailgating bikes or cars, now worse than ever.

This is Thailands' indirect choice to allow all this road carnage.

Drivers could be better trained.

Drivers could be taught better road sense.

Drivers could be taught to take responsibility.

Drivers could be fined far far heavier for careless / wreckless driving.

Roads could be far better maintained.

But the choice is as it is, and this needless carnage will not diminish.

The drivers of 18 wheelers, cement trucks, and busses, don't give a flying f--- about other

drivers and in particular scooter riders. There is basically no penalty as long as alcohol or

drugs are not involved. In North America truck drivers have a bit of a reputation as being the

knights of the road. Here it is the wild west and these drivers are out of control cowboys. bah.gif

The drivers of 18 wheelers, cement trucks, and busses, don't give a flying f--- about other

drivers and in particular scooter riders. There is basically no penalty as long as alcohol or

drugs are not involved. In North America truck drivers have a bit of a reputation as being the

knights of the road. Here it is the wild west and these drivers are out of control cowboys. bah.gif

cowboys? more like desperados

So he'll say he was afraid of the relatives or he didn't ever see them or it wasn't him behind the wheel or he thought he hit a dog or some lame excuse. And he'll pay a 2000 baht fine and be back on the road in a fortnight. Nothing ever changes. 10-15 years in prison is what he needs and his employer needs to get smacked as well.

This is Thailands' indirect choice to allow all this road carnage.

Drivers could be better trained.

Drivers could be taught better road sense.

Drivers could be taught to take responsibility.

Drivers could be fined far far heavier for careless / wreckless driving.

Roads could be far better maintained.

But the choice is as it is, and this needless carnage will not diminish.

Motorbike drivers could follow the law and not drive on the highways and expressways...said law being for their own safety not to inconvenience them.

I've just got back from playing golf at Pattaya Country Club. My caddy - who also plays - is the 'caddy teacher'.

He told me these two young girls were two of his 'students' and were happy to have a job and took it seriously.

I drove back around the same time this afternoon that those two were killed so tragically. In the OP photo you will see a brick wall. This only runs for about 100 yards on that road and, so, it is possible if they had been hit anywhere else they may have bounced into the ditch.

The other thing that infuriates me is that they are doing road resurfacing just below the scene. The dust from the stripped road surface is almost like fog in places with cars and trucks dodging from lane to lane.

I know there are lots of deaths in Thailand but these two really make me very sad. Ass a previous poster said, someone must have witnessed it, given the volume of traffic on that road. At least you would have thought someone would take the number of the truck if nothing else.