Will there be a Thaivisa Poster of the Year 2015 vote?

BookMan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poster of the year tends to favor the most prolific posters. Would like to see categories added for "Post of the Year" and "Funniest Post of the Year."

As the saying goes, you get what you measure. Adding these categories would encourage higher quality and humorous posts, and allow infrequent posters or those who post on less popular forums greater opportunity for recognition.

Funniest

Most prolific

Most irritating

Troll of the Year

Overall winner, in terms of best content (funny or informative/discussion etc).

Just ideas to ponder

I win in all categories PM me for my address to mail the trophy to. On a more serious nature I think Charlie H is onto something here. Let us vote on each category. Do it like the world series semi finals finals championship series.

Edited by elgordo38

Is there some way to figure out who has the most likes per post? That would give us a worthy winner of at least one category.

You would have to back track to the relevant thread and count them. I think "likes" per thread, rather than post would be more appropriate as you could get a high number with one comment otherwise, and not actually participate in the thread properly.

A good rule is that previous winners should NOT be eligible to be nominated again.

Get in the new blood.

Sorry, I have no interest in running the show.

I think you have the track record and expertise to run the competition.

I think you could put the J back in _errymander.

SC