U.S. Ambassador meets with Thai DPM ACM Prajin

webfact

U.S. Ambassador meets with Thai DPM ACM Prajin

BANGKOK, 20 November 2015, (NNT) - U.S. Ambassador to the Kingdom of Thailand His Excellency Glyn T. Davies has recently met Deputy Prime Minister Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong.

ACM Prajin said the Ambassador now has a better understanding about the current political situation in Thailand.

Mr. Davies said he is in favor of the establishment of the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society, while expressing readiness to help improve education and human resources via Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) development. He added that the U.S. would lend a hand in software development and renewable energy development.

The U.S. Ambassador also voiced his concerns over the situation in France, after the Islamic State staged a series of attacks in Paris on November 13. He said the United States would stand with France, while continuing to fight against terrorism and extremism.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-11-20 footer_n.gif

I just had an Idea. These type of meetings should be done with English Language Students. After each meeting, these English Language students will have a better understanding of the English Language. Then there will be ABSOLUTELY no need for Expensive English Language Teachers coming from Farangland.

I just had an Idea. These type of meetings should be done with English Language Students. After each meeting, these English Language students will have a better understanding of the English Language. Then there will be ABSOLUTELY no need for Expensive English Language Teachers coming from Farangland.

I'm sure they were probably speaking in Thai.

I'm British but I think all the Ambassadors to Thailand do something similar, at least when they've only just arrived. I wouldn't know what the British Ambassador really thinks of the situation even though I get daily UK bulletins via the British Embassy. My guess is that the American Ambassador has been instructed to keep a friendly profile so that he can gather info and pass it on. It's all politics after all and certainly not a job I could hold down although I did get on the first rang of the ladder many years ago but definitely not 'my cup of tea' as it were, Ha! I feel a bit sorry for them because there must be times when they have to bite their tongue.