Reserve act opens 12 million Thai men to summary military conscription

webfact

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is this point that Prayut - O seems to be making, perhaps he requires more men to replace the ones that will refuse to fire at their Mothers , Fathers , Brothers, Sisters and other family members and defected to the other side , just like it happened all those years ago, It's called forward planning ...................bah.gif

I shouldn't imagine any such conscripts would be any more enthusiastic or ( politically) motivated soldiers than the lot they have already!

Of course, they may be trying to increase the number of soldiers, so that it more realistically reflects the number of generals.

gigglem.gif

"Of course, they may be trying to increase the number of soldiers, so that it more realistically reflects the number of generals."

Thailand doesn't have a billion people, does it??

As of 2013, the Royal Thai Armed Forces had 306,000 active duty personnel. The defense budget has nearly tripled from 78.1 billion baht in 2005 to 207 billion baht allocated for fiscal year 2016, beginning in October 2015, amounting to roughly 1.5 percent of GDP

Maybe someone found out it looks kind of funny if they employ 1 flag officer (generals and admirals), for 175 soldiers which equals around 2 platoons. Let’s say these platoons consists of

1 General

1 Lieutenant General

1 Major General

2 Colonels

3 Lieutenant Colonels

4 Majors

4 Captains

6 Lieutenants

8 Sub Lieutenants,

6 Army Cadet Officers

In this case 35 officers lead 139 soldiers of lower ranks

Excellent move!

We should be doing the same here as in Singapore and it should apply to all Three Sexes.

"Three Sexes", I had a good chuckle when I read that. Good one.

It is only a few years ago that the official view of the police and the government was that Ladyboys were "mentally ill". Their public view on this now is a little tempered. But .... what are they going to do with all the ladyboys that they find are being called up (system of birthday lotto draws ??). Will they be requested to go get their "falsies" removed ? Or they just going to be classified as unfit due to "having tits" ?

Basically they could put 600,000 troops out there in the next two years.

Elections in 2017 hmmm!

Very possibly related to the next elections where the military can control an extra 600,000 voters. And of course should elections not occur according to the current junta timetable, the military can with 600,000 additional soldiers further secure the country from any public backlash.

"I think we are all aware of an up-coming event that will require more troops on the streets ensuring an outcome the elite want."

Go on.

BTW, in which bar in which red light district were you informed of said heresay "information", 555?

Edited by SiSePuede419

What is this point that Prayut - O seems to be making, perhaps he requires more men to replace the ones that will refuse to fire at their Mothers , Fathers , Brothers, Sisters and other family members and defected to the other side , just like it happened all those years ago, It's called forward planning ...................bah.gif

That truly WOULD be a first if you are correct.

The forward planning part....

I sincerely doubt that forward planning will ever be an issue in Thailand.

There's no such thing as forward planning here. Hopefully it's just the admirals (of which I've met), etc. need to seem more important and have more stealing opportunities. Unfortunately it's more likely the foreign hands behind the puppet regime are preparing to bolster their military strength for a future demonstration and war with Malaysia and Indonesia. They'er Muslim and they don't accept Israel as a viable state (which is isn't obviously). There's definitely nothing other than reactions from the puppet masters in the Thai transparent joke of a government. This is the same in most places but here they don't even try and make it look legitimate.

Excellent move!

We should be doing the same here as in Singapore and it should apply to all Three Sexes.

It is only a few years ago that the official view of the police and the government was that Ladyboys were "mentally ill". Their public view on this now is a little tempered. But .... what are they going to do with all the ladyboys that they find are being called up (system of birthday lotto draws ??). Will they be requested to go get their "falsies" removed ? Or they just going to be classified as unfit due to "having tits" ?

Every Thai male over 21 is subject to the draft. This is not new. Who told you it was?

Since 2012, Thai ladyboys have their documentation marked "Gender does not match birth" and are given a waiver.

Seems to me, you have an unusual amount of concern for this topic?

What? There must be a shortage of personal servants for the top brass.

I was drafted in middle Europe.....

As drafted soldier you are a slave....

Middle Europe??????

Did the French Foreign Legion get you? Maybe Hitler or Stalin forced you to fight??

Middle Europe??????

Where is your esprit de corps?? You are anti-capitalist H90, so you should be tickled pink to have been a slave to a government, any government.

Government ALWAYS knows what's best. The free market is dominated by us capitalist thugs that believe in freedom.

---------------

Sorry H90 - you seem like a nice guy & I'm NOT attacking nor flaming you. I just saw in another thread where you said you were anti-capitalist, so I am arguing with your beliefs. I'm sure you are a great person & it's not my intent to make any enemies anywhere.

"The free market is dominated by us capitalist thugs that believe in freedom."

At least you admit it (the Wall Street Military Industrial complex rules NATO foreign policy.). And you probably support the US Senate gutting veteran's benefits., too. And you probably remember Bush the Butcher was a model poster boy for a war based on misinformation and outright lies, and gave birth to ISIL, but that's okay with you too.

Uncontrolled capitalism is more dangerous than communism ever was.

“If the draft comes into effect, it will bring a lot more economical and social problems,” read the petition. “The 12 million men who can be summoned already have their own professions which are part of developing the country too in some way.”

This is a military government. All they care about is being in charge and in control. They do not have the education to take care of all the various details it takes to run a country. This is aptly proven by all the new, very expensive toys, the military is buying.

Thailand has a bit more than 300,000 soldiers and now wants to get 12,000,000 conscripts. So here is a bit of history and facts which occured in teh past:

"By 1935, Germany was openly flouting the military restrictions set forth in the Versailles Treaty: German re-armament was announced on 16 March as was the reintroduction of conscription.[28] While the size of the standing army was to remain at about the 100,000-man mark decreed by the treaty, a new group of conscripts equal to this size would receive training each year. The conscription law introduced the name Wehrmacht, so not only can this be regarded as its founding date, but the organization and authority of the Wehrmacht can be viewed as Nazi creations regardless of the political affiliations of its high command (who nevertheless all swore the same personal oath of loyalty to Hitler).[29] Hitler’s proclamation of the Wehrmacht's existence included a total of no less than 36 divisions in its original projection, contravening the Treaty of Versailles in grandiose fashion. In December 1935, General Ludwig Beck added 48 tank battalions to the planned rearmament program.[30]

Numbers

The total number of soldiers who served in the Wehrmacht during its existence from 1935 to 1945 is believed to have approached 18.2 million.[32] The Wehrmacht lost about 10,000,000 soldiers during the period from 1939-1945, a combination of about 2,000,000 KIA, 3,000,000 MIA, and 5,000,000 WIA."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wehrmacht

All very interesting but absolutely nothing to do with Thai history and what's now proposed in Thailand. Hitler had a grudge with the world powers he thought had stripped Germany of it's dignity by enforcing the Treaty of Versailles. He wanted control of Europe.

In contrast, military expansion and power in Thailand is purely for internal purposes and control of the majority of 'sheeple' by the upper-class elite, centred on Bangkok and the South. I agree with several previous posts that what's proposed is a means of creating a 'militia' force staffed by working class people, who could be called upon to obey orders, under the threat of imprisonment.

Only passed to be able to call up to that number; not actually doing so nor are they likely to be all called at the same time, unless there is something brewing that none of us are aware of?? !!!

"unless there is something brewing that none of us are aware of??"

potential for WW3 kicking off in Syria, does that not count?

What? There must be a shortage of personal servants for the top brass.

No, you're a soldier.

sit in the office with 3 fat women and a small dog doing their job or some private things for the big boss....The hole time I shot 3-4 bullets and no exercise ammunition.....Did some marching (with the superiors use the care or the mountainbike). So zero defense....

I could list a number of possible reasons why they stuck you in an office with three fat women and a dog but will not go there. Let's just say that the guys that were assigned those kind of jobs in the military where I did my national service were neither officer nor SF material - quite the contrary:)

That truly WOULD be a first if you are correct.

The forward planning part....

I sincerely doubt that forward planning will ever be an issue in Thailand.

There's no such thing as forward planning here. Hopefully it's just the admirals (of which I've met), etc. need to seem more important and have more stealing opportunities. Unfortunately it's more likely the foreign hands behind the puppet regime are preparing to bolster their military strength for a future demonstration and war with Malaysia and Indonesia. They'er Muslim and they don't accept Israel as a viable state (which is isn't obviously). There's definitely nothing other than reactions from the puppet masters in the Thai transparent joke of a government. This is the same in most places but here they don't even try and make it look legitimate.

Tinfoil hat alert!

"I think we are all aware of an up-coming event that will require more troops on the streets ensuring an outcome the elite want."

Go on.

BTW, in which bar in which red light district were you informed of said heresay "information", 555?

Wow SiSePuede, you totally convinced me the that the assertion you quoted was wrong on the basis of your powerful arguments! Edited by MZurf

clap2.gif cheesy.gif

Brilliant idea lick those spoilt boys into shape and teach them who is Boss!

'I am Thai Boy so I know everything even though I only left my village a week ago.

I never heard the words 'NO" SIT and be QUIET! What they mean?

Never mind Reservists drag them all in ….. No different coloured BALLS ( Well not until later Ha Ha ) for selection…..

Take ALL of them.

Like the world is shaking in its boots from potentially 300,000 conscripts that spend most of their time half cut reeking of lao caw and ever too lazy to get actually get their lazy asses out of the hammock!. I'd fear the salvation army a lot more than that lot!

It's nothing different than joining the US military for what you think is a 4 year enlistment. After exiting the service, they put you into 'inactive reserve' status which they discount as 'nothing will happen, no big deal'. Then the president declares a 'hot war' and suddenly you're ripped away from your job and family and the next thing you know, you're dodging IED, bullets, and mortars for months on end until the military chooses to release you, or you're injured beyond usefulness, or killed.

So regarding Thailand's decision? So what? The county has the right to raise a standing army if they feel threaten from the population base of 'fighting age' men. That is called being willing to do your duty to you're country. It's the price you pay for being a Thai citizen and a male. Again, so what?

Only a bunch of pansies and mommy-boys will complain and try to dodge their civic duty. My son went into the military voluntarily and did his service. I now consider him a man and he has more discipline than most all men that I meet who have never served.

Edited by connda

Just getting ready when the Chinese arrive to collect their submarines that have not been paid for and then the Junta will have a chance to prove themselves from the bridge of their aircraft carrier or the back seat of their Mercedes. or on the front line action I doubt very much.

I'm anti-imperialistic and I was in South Asia in 1969, West German (NATO) Army didn't want me when I threatened I might change sides and turn my gun against them.

IMHO, there's nothing wrong to defend your country AND your family, but only this. If a foreign country should invade Thailand, I would of course be on Thailand's side, although not everything is perfect here.

Yes but it not their country it's kings!. I might be wrong here but modern army's fighting for king/queen and country is nothing more than ancient feudalism!

Nothing noble about going to war and killing people. Soldier are nothing more than governmentaly hired terrorists, hired to kill other humans and in effect destroy.

families.

Excellent move!

Every Thai male over 21 is subject to the draft. This is not new. Who told you it was?

Since 2012, Thai ladyboys have their documentation marked "Gender does not match birth" and are given a waiver.

Seems to me, you have an unusual amount of concern for this topic?

Funny this is my only posting on this topic. And yes I knew that Every Thai male over 21 is subject to the draft, as after 35 years in the Kingdom I have seen several members of my family called up. And whether "since 2012, Thai ladyboys have their documentation marked "Gender does not match birth" and are given a waiver" is common knowledge. For me Pancho, 2012 was just yesterday, my statement that It is only a few years ago that the official view of the police and the government was that Ladyboys were "mentally ill", was not a direct reference to the call-up ballot, it was a general statement about government attitude, circa 2000. Unusual amount of concern for this topic? Your the one with the dates and legalese statements about Ladyboys. I really feel for some Ladyboys (some are good people), the army will not make it easy for them. Trying to flame me, go to another forum, say in the US.

Oh Pancho, oh Cisco !

No, you're a soldier.

sit in the office with 3 fat women and a small dog doing their job or some private things for the big boss....The hole time I shot 3-4 bullets and no exercise ammunition.....Did some marching (with the superiors use the care or the mountainbike). So zero defense....

I could list a number of possible reasons why they stuck you in an office with three fat women and a dog but will not go there. Let's just say that the guys that were assigned those kind of jobs in the military where I did my national service were neither officer nor SF material - quite the contrary:)

now read it again and think a bit.....officer material should be able to read....

I was DRAFTED....drafted you won't get officer, you go 1 rank up a few weeks before they let you back into freedom (unless you make something very stupid). I got stuck in the office, because I was one of the few last one who could go university before being drafted and I have a masterdegree that fits to that department. We were one unit with everyone an university degree + the Jewish people. The second unit in the same building was with everyone a criminal record.

We were sent out to different places do intelligent slave work in offices, the criminals were sent out to do construction work.

Relative comfortable, because I had a permit to go where ever I want (as the superior was to lazy to write it new, and liked to send me across the city) and I had the fat secretary call if my mother unit used me for something different.....

Actually it was like a Mr. Bean movie......Other guy was sent every day with a small vehicle to the next supermarket buying 10-20 bottles wine for the higher ups (officer material) laugh.png

Slave work....nothing to do with defend the country....mentally challenging because so boring.....Liver challenging for the amount of beer we trunk. I think once we marched somewhere, I shot some bullets 3,4,5 can't recall...everything else nonsense.

One staff here in Thailand was at the army...he delivered ice for the company of the wife of some officer.

It's not a good sign for the development of a country.

But at the same time all must have to think that if their are not enough security personal than how we can keep country safe from enemies those are inside and out side.

Now security and development are like rail tracks. There must be balance in both.

If we go to world history, all army invasions was success because of lake of security.

Also if a man is put in army by fear of jail term, than weather he will be dedicate to his job or will be just a matter of number.

So, it's government job to encourage Thai men to join army instead to show them fear of four year jail term. Encouragement can be economical benefits , social reputation and so on....

The draft is excellent and if done well and can be a shining example of citizen service to one's nation. Additionally, (and I did say if done well) it places young men of different social and economic backgrounds together in common purpose and cause and breaks down perceived social barriers and creates friendships that can last lifetimes and alter attitudes of these men then and in future, usually for the better. It makes for better rounded and more understanding citizens and future leaders. Unfortunately, this system can lead to exclusion and exceptionalism mentality when the wealthy can buy their way out which by the by, happened a great deal in the West as in the USA which has always done so. Examples, are the Civil War which a payment of $300.00 could keep one from going to the military and Vietnam that permitted University student deferments that were never actually deferring anything but allowed those that should have served a cash option out. One knows what happens here. Still it does work when handled well.