Music In Villages

macb

My friends wife who lives about 100 m away has a restaurant with singers and karaoke which goes on until about 1 am but after a while it just gets to be background noise, unless it is me singing english language songs rewritten by Filipinos or Thais, with the words and music out of sync. The government speakers are further away so no problems there.

The worst noises are when my dogs are fighting with her dogs, and the pickup trucks that come around with very loud speakers. There is one guy that sells pork and ALL the dogs in the moo ban sing to him around 6 am. :o

I don't live in a village, but I do live close to a muslim community. OMG how those prayers are freaking me out, 4 times/day, I really like the part going at 5 am, it's a beauty being woke up at 5am on some religious tunes that sound like barking. I am not against any religion, but why can't they do it in a quiet way like everybody else does?

Most of the time we don't have a problem with loud music (I agree about the propaganda speakers though) The only time that changes is if someone dies, someone is getting married or a young lad is about to do his novice bit at the temple.

The first three months I lived here, I was staying in Ma and Pa's wooden house (not too unpleasant) and during this period On's brother did the novice monk thing...... it was a three day party with music so loud that the walls were shaking for the whole 72 hours.

A few months back we found out that one of our closest neighbours was having the three day party..... we booked into a local hotel :o

Our plot of land is 90Metrs X 172Mtrs. I'm siting our house at the intersections of the diagnals, thereby ensuring we have the absolute maximum distance between us and the nearest neighbour.

Noise in Thailand drives me to distraction, I once took evasive action in my wife's village by cutting the wires to the temple speaker that blasts Thai pop music out directly across from the mother-in-law's house.

It hadn't been fixed the last time I was in the village (two years after I cut the wires) so perhaps some of the neighbours are in agreement with my covert action.

Next time I'm in the village I'll be out on a cockrel strangling mission. :o

There is now a tin house erected right next to the back of my house full of cambodain workers building appartment blocks in our village complex. This started in aug and nearly every morning at about 6-30 am they play very LOUD music. I live in a city not in a village and it must be waking up a lot of people who live here not just me. :o I will fight fire with fire until they stop. :D

Most of the time we don't have a problem with loud music (I agree about the propaganda speakers though) The only time that changes is if someone dies, someone is getting married or a young lad is about to do his novice bit at the temple.

The first three months I lived here, I was staying in Ma and Pa's wooden house (not too unpleasant) and during this period On's brother did the novice monk thing...... it was a three day party with music so loud that the walls were shaking for the whole 72 hours.

A few months back we found out that one of our closest neighbours was having the three day party..... we booked into a local hotel :o

Thadd:

I dont mind if I am part of the party having a few Chand Beers and doing me pole dancing bit with the local lasses :D:D:D

macb

Don't worry, you get used to it - after about 10 years.

10 yrs mmmmmmmm I will be how old let me see mmmmmmmm not telling. Village speakers pick-ups chanting there wares, there not so bad, but the night before was ridiculous even my wife went and yak the lad in the morning, but his mum and dad never said anything to him and his mates.

I could not even put the TV on for the News because I could not here it.

Never mind aye only 7 and a bit years to go hahaha

macb

Hey mac...

i used to get woken up by the pooyai baan/ oorbortor broadcat in the morning...

when i'm there now.. i normally sleep through it..

and somtimes, when i am curious as to what is being said.. i ask the wife.. who asks miar.. who asks por.. who says.. "bor huu"

totster :o

and somtimes, when i am curious as to what is being said.. i ask the wife.. who asks miar.. who asks por.. who says.. "bor huu"

totster :D

In my experience they are either not listening themselves or it is just pointless drivel that they can't be bothered translating into English..... we haven't had anything through the village speakers for a couple of months now...... I wonder why :o

P.S. the mental image of an Ex British Bobby pole dancing was not really something I wanted at this time of day :D

Your stories are nothing :D

I live in bustling central Pattaya and I can hear bar girls squealing all night "hello welcome!"

*Shudder*

:o

Yeah yeah, Thailand is a noisy country and that is one thing I really hate about it, to tell the truth. I can't stand noise and it's still unknown around here, that noise is a kind of environment pollution.

The wood cutting (Koh Samui) drove me nuts. Also the "Hello Welcome Massage" shouts in front of the massage parlors. The motorbikes, the trucks, loud music in department stores (are they all deaf I wonder?) and and and. You name it :D

totster :D

In my experience they are either not listening themselves or it is just pointless drivel that they can't be bothered translating into English..... we haven't had anything through the village speakers for a couple of months now...... I wonder why :o

P.S. the mental image of an Ex British Bobby pole dancing was not really something I wanted at this time of day :D

Now wheres that pic,your lucky cant find it how about this one at a vilage bash..oooooooops thats not my wife :D:D:D:D

post-32485-1160276493_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1160276533_thumb.jpg

Village life can be fun waaaaaaaaaaaaa

macb