Need a small amount of wood cut for an art project (round holes)

BigOm19

Thanks, BKKDreaming. Was just there on the weekend buying aluminium pipes. I didn't have the template then but the saw they use may not be suitable as it needs a fine jig-saw?

Ok, Bang Sue will be my backup.

What do you plan on making it out of? 13mm plywood? A jigsaw will have difficulty with small radius so not sure how big this is. The best way to do it would be to use hole saws, or preferebly a CNC router. Not sure how critical the shape is for you.

What do you plan on making it out of? 13mm plywood? A jigsaw will have difficulty with small radius so not sure how big this is. The best way to do it would be to use hole saws, or preferebly a CNC router. Not sure how critical the shape is for you.

Yes, I see what you mean now. The holes are 3cm and 4cm (centre). Yes, shape is pretty critical as they are spacers for pipes that are slightly smaller in diametre. I will ask.

Yes, using plywood of that thickness.

Edited by BigOm19

Yes, I see what you mean now. The holes are 3cm and 4cm (centre). Yes, shape is pretty critical as they are spacers for pipes that are slightly smaller in diametre. I will ask.

FYI, Plywood can have a tendency to crack or delaminate when it is cut into odd shapes.

Is there a marine quality of plywood availlable in Thailand? If so then what's it called?

I need plywood for outdoors, waterresistant and termiteproof, also UV-proof as far as that goes.

I am definitely not an expert on materials available in thailand, but the Thai people know what works and what doesn't work. Not sure what your application is but I would suggest using something that is readily available at a local supply store. They use a lot of metal and fiberglass in outdoor structures that I have seen.

FYI, Plywood can have a tendency to crack or delaminate when it is cut into odd shapes.

I hear you. I should be looking for a CNC Router. Thank you!

Do you know a place in central Bangkok that has that?

Edited by BigOm19

I hear you. I should be looking for a CNC Router. Thank you!

Do you know a place in central Bangkok that has that?

I'm sorry I don't know a shop. But I am an engineer and I can make a drawing for you and a model for them to load the code. Send me a PM with details and I can help you out.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my plywood cut in Soi Pracha Nareumit 13, shop #606, a woman named Palm runs the shop. There's a row of them as you enter the soi that do these intricate door frames and such.

Thanks, all.

PS: HomePro Prachachuen does not do custom wood work.

Edited by BigOm19

I got my plywood cut in Soi Pracha Nareumit 13, shop #606, a woman named Palm runs the shop. There's a row of them as you enter the soi that do these intricate door frames and such.

Thanks, all.

PS: HomePro Prachachuen does not do custom wood work.

post-197015-0-54848400-1449198089_thumb.