Please Help Me Translate Some Conversational Sentences

austallia_1980

Hello-----> Sawadee-Krap

My name is David -------> Pom Cheu David Krap

May I practice speaking Thai language with you? -----> ?????

What is your name? ??????

I was born in Australlia. -----> ?????

I have lived in Thailand for 3 months -----> ?????

I am self-employed and work on the internet ------> ??????

Where do you work? -----> ????????

or Where do you study? -----> ???????

I can only speak a little bit of Thai ------> Pom put pasa thai dai nit noy krap

Can you speak english? ------> Khun put pasa angrit dai mai krap?

Do you have an email address where I can contact you? -----> ??????

Thank you for letting me practice speaking Thai with you. -----> ?????

Please have a nice day ----> ??????

Hello-----> Sawadee-Krap

My name is David -------> Pom Cheu David Krap

May I practice speaking Thai language with you? -----> khaw feuk phasaa thai duay kan, dai mai khrap? ("please/may I practice language thai together (question.part.).")

What is your name? khun cheu arai khrap ("You name what.")

I was born in Australlia. -----> phom gert thii (bpratehd) aw-satraylia khrap (I born at (country) Australia)

I have lived in Thailand for 3 months -----> phom yuu mueang thai saam deuan laeow khrap (I live/stay country thai 3 months already)

I am self-employed and work on the internet ------> phom mai mii jao-naai. tham ngaan thaang internet. ("I no have boss. Work via Internet.")

Where do you work? -----> khun tham ngaan thii nay khrap ("you work at where?")

or Where do you study? -----> khun rian thii nai khrap ("You study at where?")

I can only speak a little bit of Thai ------> Pom put pasa thai dai nit noy krap

Can you speak english? ------> Khun put pasa angrit dai mai krap?

Do you have an email address where I can contact you? -----> khaw e-mayh khun dai mai khrap ("Ask/please/deplore email you can [question particle]?")

Thank you for letting me practice speaking Thai with you. -----> khawb khun maak thii hai feuk phasaa thai duay gan khrap (thank you much who/which/that let practice language thai together)

Please have a nice day ----> Not applicable in Thai. For a similar effect, use "khaw hai chohk dii khrap" = I wish you good luck. ("Implore/please let luck good.")

General advice for starting out: Be careful not to glide on vowels that should be solids (Lots of vowel sounds in English are glides, but Thai doesn't have those, although there are some diphthongs, like "ee-ah" "eu-ah" "oo-ah". Note how Thais pronounce vowels in English words like "load" "road" "choke" to hear the difference between your own pronunciation and theirs. Also pay attention to the length of the vowel sounds in Thai (difficult to catch in whole sentences, but not if you make somebody pronounce words in isolation). The length affects the meaning.

And if you want to learn good pronunciation from the start, look for sound files on the internet that help you practice the five tones. Chuck them in your mp3 player and listen/repeat until you go blue. You should start to hear the difference after a while, although it will take time. Then try to find a Thai person to test on, to see if you are doing it right.