Radio Control Airplanes

I bought my brushless model in Saphan Lek in ChinaTown, They have lots of small shops that sells RC. Some are more advances than others.

I myself did the beginners mistake of ordering a too strong engine. My plane flew away in 100km/h into a pine-tree. After ordering more expensive spareparts in Sweden I got it to fly again, this time being a little more easy on the throttle. It flew well and the LI-PO accs are great. Good power and long flying time.

I bought my brushless model in Saphan Lek in ChinaTown, They have lots of small shops that sells RC. Some are more advances than others.

I myself did the beginners mistake of ordering a too strong engine. My plane flew away in 100km/h into a pine-tree. After ordering more expensive spareparts in Sweden I got it to fly again, this time being a little more easy on the throttle. It flew well and the LI-PO accs are great. Good power and long flying time.

I've been to Saphan Lek a couple times, I felt like a blood cell squishing myself along the narrow corridors! :o

As for ordering stuff from outside, normally I buy my R/C stuff from Hong Kong, very cheap and arrives quickly; but if I need a quick fix the model shop on the basement of Fortune Town, right in front of the Super Sports shop.

Now that the rainy season is over I've started flying again at the Suan Rod Fai Park, but it's still a bit windy some times for the small models I like.

Here's me trying to get a handle on my last scratch built model flight characteristics. Status, not handling so well. :D I had a twitchy servo on the elevator.

anyone into this hobby? are there any decent shops in pattaya?

Don't know about Pattaya but in Khon Kaen there is a club that hangs out near the big lake to the west of the friendship highway. They turn up every evening about 5 p.m and fly their planes above a plot of waste land.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

There is a shop inside Pattaya on 2nd Road near South Rd crossing.

You can see its exact position here : http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?9EuRUPmokcgF7CNA

They have small (toys) 3 channels helicopter at 850 baht and some seroous ones at 6,000 baht or more.

Many planes, boats, cars and accessories too.

Edited by Pattaya46

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie from Oz and really glad to be here. This site is a fantastic resource.

I have been interested in planes and helis in the past but suffered from being too ambitious like getting models that I did not have a chance of controlling. Now I'd like to try the opposite.

I have had a look on the net for electric foam trainers and see some that look basic enough. Tossing up making one myself to help keep me amused.

Most of the plans call for blue core or EPP. Is there anywhere local that I can get foam suitable for making planes?

Just in case the "I'll make one bit" is another overly ambitious thought, does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get a ARF/RTF trainer from?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie from Oz and really glad to be here. This site is a fantastic resource.

I have been interested in planes and helis in the past but suffered from being too ambitious like getting models that I did not have a chance of controlling. Now I'd like to try the opposite.

I have had a look on the net for electric foam trainers and see some that look basic enough. Tossing up making one myself to help keep me amused.

Most of the plans call for blue core or EPP. Is there anywhere local that I can get foam suitable for making planes?

Just in case the "I'll make one bit" is another overly ambitious thought, does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get a ARF/RTF trainer from?

Hi There,

In Pattaya there is a shop on Pattaya Klang called Silpaban (spelling ) it is about 100 mts. from Foodland going towards Suk. Rd. They sell sheets of Depron and also other materials for making foam planes. There are other shops selling the same materials, one of them in Naklua. There are several model shops in and around Pattaya but if you are interested in Helis a good shop to visit is the one on Soi Khow Noi. This soi runs east from the Suk. Rd. Leaving Suk. Rd. approx. 200 mts. south of Pat. Klang. Go all the way east on Khow Noi until you see the Red Lion pub on the left hand side of road, the model shop is about 100 mts. further on. As well as selling planes and helis they have a flying field on the opposite side of the road where you can watch the flying and ask the guys about the hobby.

See also my other posts in this thread.

If you need any more info. send me PM

Pete.

Here's a video I shot a couple weeks ago in Suan Phueng (western Thailand).

I installed a modified micro camera on a 60cm wingspan model. Not the best filming platform ever but at least it gives a different perspective to the hobby.

• 1 month later...

just to note there is also a group of flyers near bkk west of BangNa. If you head north off of Bangna-Trat highway on Lat Krabang rd. go about 5 km and keep looking to the left. There is a cement rd that heads off into a field. Sorry about vague directions but i have only been twice and other people drove.

there are people there on the weelends flying planes and helis, even dong some 3D stuff. The runway is just hard dirt but long enough for whatever you bring and plenty of overfly area. Just watch for cobras! :)

Also i heard of a club behind Pyamin Hospital in Bangna but have not been to it yet.

i will try to get better info if anyone is interested.

• 1 year later...

OK, so I know this is an old topic but I thought it might be of interest to new TV members who are into r/c planes and even those who just want to watch.

Basically, Pattaya rc has a new home which is just across the road from the old flying field. Details of how to find the old field are in an earlier post but just in case here is the web site for the new field:-

http://www.pattaya-rc.com/info.html

Everyone welcome! Drinks and snacks available. Toilet facilities.

Come and watch or join in.

Here's another site where you can see pictures of activities at Pattaya rc:-

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=th&u=http://www.rcthai.net/webboard/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D93%26t%3D419278%26sid%3D61f0abafe4a15dbf462e4444a531c6a0%26start%3D100&prev=/search%3Fq%3Drcthai.net%26hl%3Den%26prmd%3Divnsfd&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&usg=ALkJrhgKrWqr_9lK0-T7p6HRXIs_ttLITA

Thanks Monsieurhappy! Thailand is indeed a great place to fly RC. Up here in Chiang Mai there are several fields available for larger planes including jets, and park flyers are virtually everywhere in the evenings. Here are a few YouTube videos:

Aerial footage:

What are you flying down there?

• 2 weeks later...