Email Problem - Help!

mr_lob

Hi guys,

Alot of my customers are receving my emails into their 'junk' or 'bulk' mail folders with yahoo, hotmail etc.....

Anyone know how to change this? Is there anything i can do to get on a 'safe senders' list?

any help would be great!

Cheers,. Lob :o

Ask your customers to add your address to their address book. That will work for most mail programs. Otherwise your customers need to adjust their junkmail-bulkmail settings. If they are even the slightest bit clued in about e-mail they should be doing this when they see your mail in their bulk folder, that's if they really want to read your mail. To avoid the problem in future make sure when anyone signs up to receive e-mail from you that you ask them on the sign up page to add you to their address book.

Some ISPs block mail before it reaches the customer if they think it is spam but l can't remember the last time l didn't receive mail because of that. AOL is known for doing this but so long as you're not a spammer you should be able to work around it.

A lot of Email programs will automatically kick your message into the Junk Folder if it – your message – has been sent to a whole list of Addresses, even as a “Bcc” (Blind Copy).

That’s a fairly easy way for an Email Filter to identify Spam.

If you hope to get attention it’s best to send individually addressed, personalised Emails.

Patrick

A lot of Email programs will automatically kick your message into the Junk Folder if it – your message – has been sent to a whole list of Addresses, even as a “Bcc” (Blind Copy).

That’s a fairly easy way for an Email Filter to identify Spam.

If you hope to get attention it’s best to send individually addressed, personalised Emails.

Patrick

I have found this as well.

Even a single cc can get a mail dumped in Spam, or even rejected by spam scanners at the receiving end.

I have found this as well.

Even a single cc can get a mail dumped in Spam, or even rejected by spam scanners at the receiving end.

If that is his problem then he can get mailing list software to mail his customers. It will send to each as individual e-mails rather then cc or bcc using a managed list.

Everything is dependant on how the recievers email account is set up. If they dont want mail other than whats on the safe list then your message will be hitting junk everytime regardless of you method.

Ive tried sending every way and the feedback has always been about the same level indicating it makes no odds. Granted sending individual should be a better approach but ive found no difference in responce.

Im afraid thier is so much spam flying about nowadays that the vast majority are setting up email accounts to suit.

If you want to get on that 'safe senders' list then they will have to allow you but as you stated these are fresh customers then it will be impossible.

Just make sure you use a good subject line so if it hits junk and they scan through then they may open it up.