It gives you the right to use the land and is not restricted as long as use is legal. It also gives you the right to sublease to others for 30 years. Suppose that I give a lease for 30 years and then I die before the lease is finished according to a decision of the supreme court the lease stays in effect until it expires. Any farang that has bought and paid for land is very unwise if he does not have a usufruct on the property. The land office charges 75 Baht for this and you are protected from your Thai partner selling the property. It also protects you in the event that she dies before you. Her family can not get their hands on the property. GET SMART AND DO IT!

Always the same questions. Always the same answers <here>

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for, and answers all my questions.

I never seen that link before, and I suggest that the mods make it a sticky somewhere as it indeed would confine the need for may similar threads.

Welcome. But please be aware that these explanations are contrary to nearly all the forum wisdom of the last years about 75 Baht solutions and similar malpractice advice.

Always the same questions. Always the same answers <here>

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for, and answers all my questions.

I never seen that link before, and I suggest that the mods make it a sticky somewhere as it indeed would confine the need for may similar threads.

Welcome. But please be aware that these explanations are contrary to nearly all the forum wisdom of the last years about 75 Baht solutions and similar malpractice advice.

Thanks, since it seems you are knowledgeable in this field, I would like to ask some question.

I have been reading up on the article you linked to, and have difficulties to understand it correctly.

On one hand they say that a Usufruct is the way to go, while at the end they say it's poisoned food and a legal trap, since neither the government nor the owner guarantee the legality of a registered Usufruct.

The bullet proof way they suggest as

"A proper real estate structuring would be that the foreigner invests (more or less) 90% of the property price to acquire a usufruct and the remaining amount is then donated to the wife or life partner to acquire the already "usufructed" piece of land. Not a cheap solution, but bulletproofed."

Which I don't understand the meaning of, since it involves that same 75 Baht Usufuct, which they say a few lines down that it isn't a guarantee.

To elaborate more on my initial question.

My intention is to purchase a property, have the original owner grant me an Usufruct, then transfer the property to a child which is not my legal son.