US issues rare global travel alert over terror threats

webfact

Off-topic posts and replies removed. The topic is about the US global travel warning.

There are numerous partisan threads still open, feel free to post your opinions about the various politicians and their party affiliation in those threads.

Apparently Allseeingeye needs glasses, and I suggest he follow his own advice, and follow the facts.

Lostboy, I already listed several instances, that show the world was already broken when GW took over. The problem with Obama, is that he ran his mouth, saying GW's policies were the problem, and he was going to fix them. He hasn't fixed anything. I base my opinions, on working with the U.S. Military for ten years in the Persian Gulf, with some trips to Africa, and another two years, in Iraq, and Afghanistan. I don't depend on a biased CNN reporter for information, and I don't place any value, on the opinions of Dixie Chicks, that probably can't find these places on a map. That's unfortunate that you do.

I have lived in plenty of countries under Travel Advisories, I take them seriously, I use some logic and common sense. Some think of ISIS as a new threat, but I look at them, as the bastard grandchildren of Yasser Arafat. We have had problems with radical Muslim/Arabs for decades, and will for years to come. The problem is, that we are too PC to do the job.

Edited by beechguy

What happened? only 2 days ago, in Malaysia, Obama said that he will not let IS install fear and intimidations on the US and now this warning? what has gone wrong I wonder? so the people in the US should be worried and alert yes?

"Nothing to see here folks... move along... move along!" The disconnect from Obama is now fully discordant. Obama has in essence eclipsed IS as the cause of the greatest discomfort of Americans. A cursory glance from the left, the right, the middle, reveal how Obama is markedly detached from reality.

First page and the Yank bashers are out in force. Have fun.

What I like, is that they seem to tell the U.S. to stay home, and when we do, they gave us World War One, and Two, then come to us whining for help. Does anyone think the S. Koreans are living a worse life than the N. Koreans? Does anyone think the Eastern Block in Europe, had a better life, than Western Europe? The fact is, the U.S. and it's policies aren't always correct, but in the end, I would rather be on our side.

People say that the U.S. should become more like the EU, no thanks. Hopefully the French and Belgians are waking up, and will keep the pressure on the terrorists.

Apparently Allseeingeye needs glasses, and I suggest he follow his own advice, and follow the facts.

Lostboy, I already listed several instances, that show the world was already broken when GW took over. The problem with Obama, is that he ran his mouth, saying GW's policies were the problem, and he was going to fix them. He hasn't fixed anything. I base my opinions, on working with the U.S. Military for ten years in the Persian Gulf, with some trips to Africa, and another two years, in Iraq, and Afghanistan. I don't depend on a biased CNN reporter for information, and I don't place any value, on the opinions of Dixie Chicks, that probably can't find these places on a map. That's unfortunate that you do.

I have lived in plenty of countries under Travel Advisories, I take them seriously, I use some logic and common sense. Some think of ISIS as a new threat, but I look at them, as the bastard grandchildren of Yasser Arafat. We have had problems with radical Muslim/Arabs for decades, and will for years to come. The problem is, that we are too PC to do the job.

Fareed Zakaria lost all credibility when CNN had to place him on suspension for plagiarism.

He's solidly in the Clinton camp so nobody listens to him except some that don't know what is going on in the real world.

Surely the Dixie Chicks reference was written tongue-in-cheek. Nobody would try and add that in a somewhat serious discussion.

I was a Warden in Saudi from 1991 to 2008. Still get the messages from Riyadh and send them to about fifteen folks that are not on any current Warden's list in Saudi.

I take them seriously when they discuss events in Saudi but this latest one is a CYA attempt. Don't see many world wide notices.