Meal Replacement Supplements

phuketjock

You do know its just cheap protein rebranded to be more expensive? When they add extra 'stuff' its not actual stuff that gets assimilated. So you're just getting your dose of cheap whey

Thank you for taking the time to post bearpolar and your criticism may or may not be valid,

but unless you can come up with a viable alternative I am stuck with what is available on the

market in Phuket. Please don't give me an alternative unless you can give me a local source

for same cheers.

buy protein from phuket health shop (pea or other vegan if you can afford it) get brown rice milk add oats and any frozen veggies/fruits in the blender and save yourself from an early death.

"meal replacements" are not meal replacements

Edited by bearpolar

buy protein from phuket health shop (pea or other vegan if you can afford it) get brown rice milk add oats and any frozen veggies/fruits in the blender and save yourself from an early death.

"meal replacements" are not meal replacements

Once again thanks bearpolar but the diet I am looking at does not allow pulses, dairy, fruit, bread, pasta, fish, poultry, meat,

root vegetables, or alcohol, so most of what you suggest is off limits.

" Buy from Phuket health shop " is not really that helpful a location might be better because I can't actually recall seeing a health

shop during my shopping trips around Phuket but if you lived in Phuket you would surely know that?

I would suggest that any food that is consumed as an alternative to a meal can safely be called a meal replacement no? and

they are consumed as an alternative while ensuring the required amounts of daily vitamins and minerals are met.

Edited by phuketjock

I dont think there are any Juice Plus+ distributors in Thailand. You'd have to order from the USA airmail.

Edit...that's quite the dietary restrictions. Suggest the vinyard blend. Or maybe the veggie blend if the beet root is not a deal breaker.

Edited by 4evermaat

"the diet I am looking at does not allow pulses, dairy, fruit, bread, pasta, fish, poultry, meat,

root vegetables, or alcohol, so most of what you suggest is off limits"

Seems like a well planned early exit from the world .smile.png

Have you checked the content of this "food replacement" stuff ?

"Nonfat Dry Milk, Fructose, Calcium Caseinate, Canola Oil (BHA/BHT to Maintain Freshness), and less than 2% of Salt, Potassium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Mono- and Diglycerides, Choline Bitartrate, Potassium Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Niacinamide, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin D3, Color (Beta Carotene, Turmeric Oleoresin), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin K1, Vitamin B12."

I don't know what idiot gave you this diet but your body cant function without anything

Meal replacements are filled with dairy product. Toxins and dangerous overdosed vitamins with no proper delivery system(going directly out of you through your kidneys)

root vegetable and fruits are the 2 of the 3 healthiest things in the world.

Edited by bearpolar

I don't know what idiot gave you this diet but your body cant function without anything

Meal replacements are filled with dairy product. Toxins and dangerous overdosed vitamins with no proper delivery system(going directly out of you through your kidneys)

root vegetable and fruits are the 2 of the 3 healthiest things in the world.

The " idiot that gave me this diet " as you put it is The Newcastle Biomedicine

Clinical Research Platform section of

Magnetic Resonance Centre

Newcastle University

Campus for Ageing and Vitality

Newcastle upon Tyne UK

whom I am pretty sure know a bit more than you about Low Calorie Diet Programming in the attempted reversal of Diabetes. See link below.

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/magres/research/diabetes/documents/StudyRecipes.pdf

Cheers

P.S. You still have not told me where this health shop is in Phuket??

Edited by phuketjock

I have done a little research for you !

OPTIFAST is a Nestle product intended for medically supervised weight loss.

In the UK the product is only available on prescription. and does not appear to be marketed in Thailand.

The formulation of the product appears to be unique and there are no similar/equivalent products that I could find.

The link will take you to the Nestle UK website.

https://www.nestlehealthscience.co.uk/products/optifast

Phone: 0845 6031979
Fax: 01904 680466
Nestlé Health Science, Suite 1.11, South Harrington Building, 182 Sefton Street, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4BQ
Edited by expatbrit

Funny enough i browsed the unversity's website and the "research" is basically this "You're fat you get diabetes, if you're not then you're ok" and their only newspaper action is 2 tabloid.

OP also very negative and unwilling to do any research as typing "phuket health shop" in google.

I still can't wrap my head around a diet based on a milk product telling you to avoid milk.

In one of their papers:

Effect of an 8-week very-low-calorie diet in type 2 diabetes on arginine-induced maximal insulin secretion blahblahblah

Their diet is not even low in calories if you compare it with the diet of normal healthy people.

their "published" findings also read like a 12 year old science project.

Complete nonsense research team. If you'll want to die early on your diet you'll need to stay in the UK and say byebye to your honeys

Edited by bearpolar

If the OP feels this is the route he wants to take for weightloss, I don't think the TV internet dieticians are going to be real helpful for the guy. I do a diet every year that works for me but I also have a pretty good exercise regimen which I think is real important.

OP-you might look at the health part of this forum and post there as maybe there are others using the same product. Otherwise I think ExpatBrit's post is pretty excellent with the information there, have them ship it to you directly.

Cheers and best of luck from GOM who also has dealt (still deals) with overweight issues.

Funny enough i browsed the unversity's website and the "research" is basically this "You're fat you get diabetes, if you're not then you're ok" and their only newspaper action is 2 tabloid.

OP also very negative and unwilling to do any research as typing "phuket health shop" in google.

I still can't wrap my head around a diet based on a milk product telling you to avoid milk.

In one of their papers:

Effect of an 8-week very-low-calorie diet in type 2 diabetes on arginine-induced maximal insulin secretion blahblahblah

Their diet is not even low in calories if you compare it with the diet of normal healthy people.

their "published" findings also read like a 12 year old science project.

Complete nonsense research team. If you'll want to die early on your diet you'll need to stay in the UK and say byebye to your honeys

Perhaps you would like to read the full clinical/academic research paper which you clearly failed to find .

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3168743/

I very much doubt that this research was undertaken or written up as part of a "12 year old science project" (sic) .

Similarly you seem to have missed(or misunderstood) the scientific paper detailing the "Effect of an 8-week very-low-calorie diet in type 2 diabetes on arginine-induced maximal insulin secretion"

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/36/4/1047.full

Pleased to be of assistance.

Edited by expatbrit

Update on search for meal replacement supplement for the purpose of

weight loss.

I was out today and visited several outlets that looked like they could

possibly have what I was looking for, most of them have supplements

that are designed for muscling up and body building like the shop you

told me about schlog, thanks, I eventually found a fairly close substitute

in the same location schlog but in the Pharmacy actually in Tesco, it is a

meal replacement supplement specifically designed for dieting and losing

weight and its' specs are very close to those of the recommended optifast.

Tesco was unfortunately out of stock but to my surprise I found the exact

same product in Boots and at the same price so success.

The product, for those who are interested, is called Mega Esy Complet

and is manufactured by a company called.

MEGA LIFESCIENCES (AUSTRALIA) PTY LTD.

Victoria 3810, Australia. and it is imported by

MEGA LIFESCIENCES PLC.

Samutprakan Thailand.

Many thanks to you GOM and you Expatbrit for your helpful and informative

posts.

To you bearpolar perhaps you should use your energy to address the subject of

any thread you may feel compelled to respond to instead of showing how ill informed

and ignorant you appear to be.

And thanks to you LeungKen for your patience and guidance.