Pleasant day at Jomtien Immigration

Your 10th extension and so obviously also no TM30 requirement or the like?

Did they ask for proof of address?

Yes, they require TM 30 and proof of address, even for the 90 day reporting.....?

Not my experience at Jomtien,did my 90 day report today,only needed my passport.My wife and I asked if anything extra was required for my retirement extension in the new year and was told only a TM 30, no copy of landlords ID or tabien baan.

Your 10th extension and so obviously also no TM30 requirement or the like?

Did they ask for proof of address?

Yes, they require TM 30 and proof of address, even for the 90 day reporting.....?
Not my experience at Jomtien,did my 90 day report today,only needed my passport.My wife and I asked if anything extra was required for my retirement extension in the new year and was told only a TM 30, no copy of landlords ID or tabien baan.

Well, they have signs posted all over the joint about a requirement about proof of residence....they will take copies the first time so no need to bring additional paperwork with you each visit.?

You have to drop off your passport and then come back and pick it up? yecch. I guess I understand they need some time to process things, but I still would be very nervous of ever letting go of my passport.

Yup, just the same as it has always been....unless you get in there at the crack of dawn...which I did not...?

You have to drop off your passport and then come back and pick it up? yecch. I guess I understand they need some time to process things, but I still would be very nervous of ever letting go of my passport.

Yup, just the same as it has always been....unless you get in there at the crack of dawn...which I did not...?

So what would happen if you were stopped by the local BIB while out on the town in Pattaya on the very night your passport was being held at Jomtien, and asked to produce it? Can only see them laughing at what they regarded as a pathetic attempt on your part to justify your inability to comply with their request, and banging you up regardless, somehow!

Edited by OJAS

Yup, just the same as it has always been....unless you get in there at the crack of dawn...which I did not...

So what would happen if you were stopped by the local BIB while out on the town in Pattaya on the very night your passport was being held at Jomtien, and asked to produce it? Can only see them laughing at what they regarded as a pathetic attempt on your part to justify your inability to comply with their request, and banging you up regardless, somehow!

you will experience TIT!

[emoji1]

You show them the copy of your main-page and your current visa and / or permission of stay. I do not carry my passport everywhere, but I always have clear color-copies of those parts.