Man stabbed to death on Paholyothin road in iPad robbery

webfact

Man stabbed to death on Paholyothin in iPad robbery
By Coconuts Bangkok

robbing_ipad.jpg

BANGKOK: -- An 28-year-old man was stabbed to death after fighting back against three men who robbed him of his iPad outside Shinawatra Tower II on Paholyothin road on Sunday.

The moment when the victim, reportedly identified as Somchai Sa-artchit, was using his iPad outside the office building before three men robbed and killed him was captured on CCTV and posted by his friend on Facebook last night in an attempt to bring attention to the case.

"Currently, the case is very quiet. I don't know how much the investigation has progressed. I'd like to demand justice for my friend," the friend told the media.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/11/25/man-stabbed-death-paholyothin-ipad-robbery

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-11-25

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shinawatra Tower. Hmmmm Must be Mr.T and the red shirts!

No chance. The master coward hides abroad and the lower cowards only fire M79's or AK47's from moving trucks.

Remember his promise to return and be at the front line in 2010 cheesy.gif

Knives are just for killing each other.

"posted by his friend on Facebook last night in an attempt to bring attention to the case.

"Currently, the case is very quiet. I don't know how much the investigation has progressed. I'd like to demand justice for my friend," the friend told the media."

And facebook was the way to go.....what a sad statement that makes about the justice system.

"posted by his friend on Facebook last night in an attempt to bring attention to the case.

"Currently, the case is very quiet. I don't know how much the investigation has progressed. I'd like to demand justice for my friend," the friend told the media."

And facebook was the way to go.....what a sad statement that makes about the justice system.

8 years jail for embarrassing the police via facebook.

What a country!

Sitting back and watching Thais be Thais is both utter amusing, bemusing, and scary, in equal measures.

coffee1.gif

You can see the day coming where FB will be the first place a crime is reported.

Maybe RTP should be forced to respond in to these reports and attach follow up reports, until a case can be closed with acceptable justice served.

Transparency and accountability - no more smoke and (dirty) mirrors!

You can see the future of Bangkok already, never will one be able to wander the streets at night, and during the day rich tourists will move from hotel to mall, to mall, to mall... without ever seeing a street.

They now just need to incorporate a temple or two into the malls and it will truly be nirvana!

The wealth gap is becoming more obvious every day.

Umm happens the world over ,not just Bangkok,you can look at someone the wrong way in London and get stabbed.RIP to the victim.

True. But what does that tell you. I've heard the police in the UK are coming over to Canada by the shiploads, because the place has become too dangerous to work........

· One killed in brawl between vocational students

· Man stabbed to death on Paholyothin road in iPad robbery

· Women Accused of Drugging Farangs with Xanax-Spiked Breasts

· Large quantity of weapons and drugs seized in week long anti-crime campaign

Assuming this is just the tip of the iceberg- impressing record for three days! Makes me wonder if the TAT staff is already on a Loy Krathong leave and forgot about to copy and paste the usual “Thailand is safe newsletter.”

note: "happens elsewhere too replies will be ignored!"

It's quite obvious that Thailand needs stricter knife control legislation, as it was obviously the knife that did the killing & not the maniac wielding it.

RIP to the deceased.

do you mean stricter such as the gun control laws in thailand? everyone knows that you cannot buy a gun in thailand, that the gun control laws are very strict. In your dreams! every tom dick and harry except for falangs owns a gun! these cowards never heard of fighting it out with their fists, they only know weapons!

Chaps, these kind of robberies that result in death have unfortunately been happening globally for years.

I even remember gangs killing people for their trainers(sneakers) in London some 20 odd years ago.

Unique to Thailand, no. Unfortunate, yes.

RIP young man.

Stolen iPad and iPhone can't be used.

In fact, only he owner can activate or reset the device.

Apple tracks serial numbers of any reported lost device.

If you find a lost iPad or iPhone you can try to give back to the owner if he installed Find My Phone and he's aware that he lost the devices, or you can give to an Apple Store, or to the Police.

The only risk that a thief steal an Apple Device that is not aware of the lock, so please broadcast around that it's impossible to crack a stolen iPad, iPhone.