Buying a house without a work permit

You would be in the same situation back in France

You say your income is 140K per month but you have no way of proving it, because you are not paying taxes

Wan't a loan, get legal, obtain a work permit, pay your Thai taxes and then you will be able to obtain the cash you need

Sorry, but other than a loan shark or a rich uncle, I can't see any way you are going to obtain the funds for this "great deal"

Yeah that's what I'm into now. I contacted several agencies to try set up my own business and pay taxes in Thailand, I though it was not possible in my case but sounds like it is. They say everything can be done within a month, but I still have to weigh up the pros and cons.

Thanks again to those who gave me that idea, sounds like a real solution to my problem (and a way to work legally in Thailand as well!)

Contact Ozzi at iglu.in.th he specializes in employing online professionals (freelancers) under his BOI regsitered company and does the full service deal, visa, extensions, work permit, billing, etc etc etc.. One stop shop and a decent guy to deal with.

Contact Ozzi at iglu.in.th he specializes in employing online professionals (freelancers) under his BOI regsitered company and does the full service deal, visa, extensions, work permit, billing, etc etc etc.. One stop shop and a decent guy to deal with.

Starting cost $600 / mo - 30% of a minimum USD $2000 /mo.

Income tax, social security, corporation tax, legal visa assistance and total handholding, accounting, billing, plus all the perks of a office workspace should you desire..

Dont know about you but yeah those cost a lot more than 600 usd a month to be legal for me..

Income tax, social security, corporation tax, legal visa assistance and total handholding, accounting, billing, plus all the perks of a office workspace should you desire..

Dont know about you but yeah those cost a lot more than 600 usd a month to be legal for me..

Sure. digital nomads who want to spend most of their time here over a long period, with convenience on visa issues could go for a TE visa at less than US$250 per month. However, that leaves them in an ambiguos position legally. Also, some would like to contribute more to Thailand than just spending money here.

Everyone says "Oh I would like to pay my taxes but theres no system for my setup"...

Except there is.. And everyone then says its too expensive..

Thai Nominal tax rate on US $2K income/mo is 20% - but there are several deductions to take before applying that figure. Social Security maxes out at 750 Baht / mo.

Then there is the matter of whether or not taxes are applied in ones own country regardless of where one lives and/or earns the income, and/or whether these could be canceled out (in whole or part) by bilateral tax agreements with Thailand - and how being paid through iglu's system affects those variables.

Tax-rates are higher in some Euro nations, but there is the question of what one receives in benefits for paying that tax-rate. Anyone interested should calculate their taxes and make the call. For some, iglu @ 30% might be a good deal. YMMV.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the number of obstacles you are coming across are giving you a message.....don't do this!!! My bet is that if you rented you will be no worse off financially in a few years.

It may sound exotic, even romantic, for friends to know you own a house in Thailand. I went through that in Bali almost 15 years ago, and just escaped with my shirt. I didn't lose any money, but didn't make any either, but should have. The former partner did quite well I believe.

In a foreign country, you're at the mercy of locals, many honest, a lot dishonest, who are trying to separate you from your $$. They could be family, agents, lawyers, even close family, such as a wife. Thai Visa is rich with such stories. Please heed them and don't let your eyes glaze over in the excitement of the moment, or we will be reading another story of a foreigner being fleeced in Thailand, and they don't make nice reading.

Edited by F4UCorsair