US: Eden man returned from Thailand to face charges in teen prostitution ring

webfact

Eden man returned from Thailand to face charges in teen prostitution ring
By Danielle Battaglia

GREENSBORO — A man wanted in Rockingham County for his alleged connection to an Eden teen prostitution ring returned to America Wednesday after being arrested in Thailand earlier this month.

Mickey Dale Snow, 75, faces charges of six counts of statutory sex offenses, six counts of patronizing a prostitute and unlawful flight to avoid prosecution, Eden Police Department stated in news releases.

Federal court records state Snow left the United States Sept. 14, four days after two of his four co-defendants were first charged.

Snow led police on a worldwide search going to countries around the globe before being arrested Nov. 3 in Bangkok. He was held in an immigration detention facility until being deported back to America Wednesday.

Federal court documents filed Wednesday state United States Attorney Ripley Rand dismissed the complaint and warrant for Snow after his deportation back to the United States.

Full story: http://www.greensboro.com/news/crime/eden-man-returned-from-thailand-to-face-charges-in-teen/article_7f655b3f-c9b4-5633-9482-ea8d084b491b.html

-- S&R Greensbor 2015-11-26

Attorney Ripley Rand dismissed the complaint and warrant for Snow after his deportation back to the United States.

This is really confusing...the US Justice Department tracked this man all over the world...had Thai authorities send him back to the states so they could dismiss the complaint and warrant...someone help me out here...

Either the man was falsely accused...or they did not have enough evidence...or they discovered the teens were actually giving it away for free since it appears that this new generation of teens would rather have sex and text on their phone at the same time...than spend any time getting to know someone from the opposite sex by using the old fashioned method of verbal communications...

Oh my how the culture has changed in the US in the past couple of generations...

Edited by ggt

Attorney Ripley Rand dismissed the complaint and warrant for Snow after his deportation back to the United States.

This is really confusing...the US Justice Department tracked this man all over the world...had Thai authorities send him back to the states so they could dismiss the complaint and warrant...someone help me out here...

Either the man was falsely accused...or they did not have enough evidence...or they discovered the teens were actually giving it away for free since it appears that this new generation of teens would rather have sex and text on their phone at the same time...than spend any time getting to know someone from the opposite sex by using the old fashioned method of verbal communications...

Oh my how the culture has changed in the US in the past couple of generations...

Evidently he has been charged as a bail for his release is set at $25,000,000.00.In the United States even if the under age person was an agreeing participant in a sex act with an adult it is an offence of statutory rape.The age differs with each state.So the old saying is "Ten will get you Twenty".

The truth of the matter is that the man was a rich man who liked young girls a little too much. He had a lady who at one time worked for him (he had a multi-million dollar business) who had two young daughters age 13 and 15 who he desired. He offered to pay their mother money if she would talk the girls into having sex acts with him. After doing this a few times he invited other older male friends of his to make the same deal with the mother of the girls. I don't think the young girls were all that willing to begin with, they were cohered into this by their mother (who is now in jail for this). This man has also been involved with some large scale mortgage fraud in the past. In short, he is not a nice person.

Something definitely rotten in the garden of Eden.

The truth of the matter is that the man was a rich man who liked young girls a little too much. He had a lady who at one time worked for him (he had a multi-million dollar business) who had two young daughters age 13 and 15 who he desired. He offered to pay their mother money if she would talk the girls into having sex acts with him. After doing this a few times he invited other older male friends of his to make the same deal with the mother of the girls. I don't think the young girls were all that willing to begin with, they were cohered into this by their mother (who is now in jail for this). This man has also been involved with some large scale mortgage fraud in the past. In short, he is not a nice person.

I don't know the finer details as you do, but it appears this all happened in the US. The mother is American, as are her daughters.

http://myfox8.com/2015/09/10/2-held-on-5-million-bond-for-prostitution-of-eden-teens/

The only reason Thailand is even in this story is because the guy appears to have fled to Bangkok.

"Evidently he has been charged as a bail for his release is set at $25,000,000.00.In the United States even if the under age person was an agreeing participant in a sex act with an adult it is an offence of statutory rape.The age differs with each state.So the old saying is "Ten will get you Twenty"."

Yikes! The expression, far more realistically is, "Fifteen will get you 20"!

Years ago the saying was " Ten will get you twenty" Now I think that has been increased to Fifty.Yes

So, operating from a presumption of walking on a technicality, he's still in the eyes of the law 'innocent' can he come back, having been 'falsely' Deported? Can he Sue? Do I even give a Statutory Cuss?

Eden, 555 he was obviously also in the wrong 'Eden' for what he likes to get up to.